IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell

Sola

I've been looking back through the archives over at the Maxwell blog and one thing that struck me was that in all the pictures of Melanie Maxwell, she always looks miserable.

Now I understand that losing her first daughter would have had a devastating effect on her. I have lost a child shortly after birth too and that is something you never get over. But even now, even after having 2 healthy daughters and another child on the way, she still looks miserable. Even when she is smiling she looks miserable because the smile never reaches her eyes.

I've looked at the few images pre-Susannah and even then she didn't look particularly happy, certainly not the bursting with happiness that you expect a newly wed to show. Even Anna Duggar had that 'I'm so happy I'm about to burst' look at first, but apart from the picture of her wedding, Melanie never had that look.

Whenever I see a picture of her I get the feeling that inside she is screaming, 'get me out of this hellhole' but is putting on the keep sweet façade for appearances. It's almost as though being part of the Maxwell clan is sucking all the joy of life out of her. She never seems to be part of the family either. I know that right now she is pregnant so is taking it really, really easy with her previous pregnancy history, but even when she isn't pregnant, she is hardly ever pictured with the family. You see Christopher and the girls with his family, but very rarely Melanie.

Thoughts?

Mel & Nate were married over 4 years before even getting pregnant the first time. When you're brought up in this lifestyle, you generally expect to get pregnant shortly after marriage. She also suffered 2 miscarriages. I can't imagine what she did all day the first years of her marriage.

They rarely talk about her background. She & Nate met at a regular church (while they were still church goers). They were both about 24. Her Dad is a Doctor (Chiro. I believe) and she has around 10 sibs.

Hey hey, good to see my favorite topic going on. I'm going to be the party spoiler here and say that when I observed Melanie at the Guilt Fest she seemed aboa much more cheerful a person as I'd imagined. Honestly I expected her to look tense and furtive but she seemed pretty easygoing. The Reversal Girls especially MayMay seemed more Stepfordish though their smiles were genuine and I"m pretty good at reading folks. NOt police--good or bartender-good but pretty good.

Personally I couldn't imagine living her life at least as we see it on titus2.com/blogspot because I would want to interact with sisters and go to a real church and raise my kids my way, not with every blessed moment scheduled. And while Nathan seemed a lot more relaxed than I expected him folks, he does have the crazy eye to a good extent. But then Melanie wouldn't like my significant other either. Anway in summary she didn't seem miserable in the least at least that one evening I observed her. It'd be such a hoot to have somebody get a closer longer look at what life's like. Not now of course, she's just laying in bed praying not to miscarry, bless her & I mean that sincerely. Any way just my HO.

Archived