IGNORED

Try and tell me it ain't dyed!

FrancineFishpaw

Am I the only person who doesn't understand the fuss made over Erin Bates? Every fan page talks about her beautiful face and stunning hair. Snarky boards usually describe her as pretty but attack her hair.

Sure, she is a nice looking lady as are all the Bates daughters. Personally, I think Carlin is the prettiest. As far as hair goes, I would kill for Tori or Carlins hair - long, straight, dark. (I have the blonde furball look so dark and straight is very appealing.) Erin's hair is ... hair. I don't love it. I don't hate it. Does that make me weird?

Where did she get the inspiration for her hair style? From the newly made "Victorian" doll from a bargain store that she got when she was five?

37862.jpg

The irony is that it must take ridiculous amounts of time and products to make her hair look like a polyster wig.

I really believe if Erin had grown up in a different famly, she 'd be a creative type who experimented with hairstyles and makeup. Perhaps we don't see the real girl. I imagine that she has a lot of pressure to be sweet, perfect and angelic looking. Sure, she is somewhat of a snob but I feel sorry for her.

I'm curious if she wears her hair like that every day, just for the camera.

That hairstyle must take a fair bit of time. As others have said before, her hair is the only way she can express herself. Perhaps her hair is a bit of a "hobby". She can spend hours curling, teasing, blow drying, and dyeing her hair and it gives her something to do that has nothing to do with her family's crazy religious activities, or raising her siblings, or reading the Bible. Her family approves of it because it's seen as a "feminine" activity and it doesn't cause her to interact with the outside world like other hobbies do.

I'm not crazy about the style myself (I think the Lawrence Welk comparison is spot on), but the fact that she can achieve it says that she does have some aptitude for hairstyling. If she ever escapes this lifestyle, she could have a career in cosmetology.

Maybe she's also taking advice about hair teasing from the "Jerseylicious" girls. "The bigger your hair, the closer you are to Heaven!"

I think Erin is just lucky and has very thick hair for a blond.one of my DD's is the same wAy. I think the curling needs fo be worked on though

Archived