IGNORED

the duggars say 'good bye'

crazyforkate

That preview made me angry. She's just sitting there with the fake smile plastered on her face until they can tell the kids... in front of the cameras.

If I am home and watching it, I'll live blog.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Maybe they're saying goodbye to their last scrap of decency?

It's a tad redundant at this point. They basically did this about three seasons ago.

It's an interesting title.

On one level, it's clearly about them saying "goodbye" to Jubilee (although it's hard to say goodbye when you've never said hello) but with the advent of the Bates' new show, I'm wondering if the Duggars are also saying goodbye to TLC.

I think the show has run it's course (how do you top a "world tour"?) and while the ratings are going to be great for the fetus funeral, most people are going to be sickened by their exploitation of the miscarriage along with their manipulation of the young children's confusion and sadness over the whole thing.

And with the last episode, it seems even TLC has taken to overt snarking on them. I just have trouble seeing it going on any longer.

It's a tad redundant at this point. They basically did this about three seasons ago.

I disagree. Dead fetus pics über alles! :P

Its a talent I have Marmalade :lol:

I know it's OT, but I love me a drag queen! I hadn't seen a good one in years, until I saw a youtube video with three awesome ladies singing about Chik-Fil-A, of all things. Their message is that it's OK for gay folk to eat there, because the chicken and waffle-fries are so good. Sorry I don't have a link, but you can just search for chik-fil-a drag queens on youtube.

My youtube decided to stop working yesterday. Damn laptop!

Anyhoo, the video is great!

HOW many episodes has this been w/ her carrying a fetus we all know dies? How can this not strike them as creepy-as-hell? Wait, they had a fetus funeral in front of all those people and had their kids perform at it . . .

Yup, TLC is throwing them under the bus. Not everyone saw all that wonderful footage before - now they will. IF they cared that damn much about Jubilee, you'd think they'd quit freaking exploiting her.

They should have told the older kids first and let them deal with their emotions. Then told the middle ones, then the youngest in a way they could understand. That way, everyone wouldn't be crying at once and there would be multiple adults to comfort and explain things to the little ones. All off camera!

Way too much to ask for from this family, I know.

Why do they need to get a huge passel together to announce everything? Argh, annoys me to no end.

I'm sorry for the circumstances, but it's nice to see Michelle actually feel a real human emotion, and not the same pasted on smile and high pitched voice she uses as a costume.

Still not feeling much sympathy for her.

Edited for shooting my riffle.

Why do they need to get a huge passel together to announce everything?

For the cameras.

I'm pretty sure they know that Hannie is not going to understand something like a miscarriage at the same level Joseph would, and that the little ones would have benefited from a separate and different type of discussion AFTER their buddies and real Mommies had been briefed and had time to internalize the news on their own.

But the needs of the show must always come before the needs of the children.

Why do they need to get a huge passel together to announce everything? Argh, annoys me to no end.

I'm sorry for the circumstances, but it's nice to see Michelle actually feel a real human emotion, and not the same pasted on smile and high pitched voice she uses as a costume.

Still not feeling much sympathy for her.

Edited for shooting my riffle.

I've always assumed that those big televised announcements (e.g. pregnancy, miscarriage, etc) are staged, and that the kids were all told beforehand. No?

I've always assumed that those big televised announcements (e.g. pregnancy, miscarriage, etc) are staged, and that the kids were all told beforehand. No?

Yeah, but that doesn't appear to be the case for this announcement. Too hard to re-shoot I imagine. I also think the pregnancy announcement was a surprise, hence Joshiah's reaction

For the cameras.

I'm pretty sure they know that Hannie is not going to understand something like a miscarriage at the same level Joseph would, and that the little ones would have benefited from a separate and different type of discussion AFTER their buddies and real Mommies had been briefed and had time to internalize the news on their own.

But the needs of the show must always come before the needs of the children.

They usually take a JSlave or sometimes the whole brood to those Jender appointments. I wonder if they only only took Jill this timbe with more realistic expectations about the outcome than we gave them credit for, making the group "gather 'round" (sorry Tim Gunn, don't kill me!) sort of necessary - I'm sure the girls down to Joy likely all knew, but they boys are generally kept in the dark (hence Josiah's very real reaction at the "announcement of J20).

Anyone else want to make a drinking game based on expected words and phrases to pop up in the finale?

"Precious" "Angel" "Heaven" "With the Lord" "With Jesus" "in our hearts" "your baby sister" "pray"

"Precious" "Angel" "Heaven" "With the Lord" "With Jesus" "in our hearts" "your baby sister" "pray"

How about "blessings" and "sweet fellowship"?

I think at one point, in another post, that someone had come up with a good drinking game for the Duggar show. (If I weren't so lazy and didn't need to cook and bathe my daughter, I'd look it up.)

How about "blessings" and "sweet fellowship"?

I think at one point, in another post, that someone had come up with a good drinking game for the Duggar show. (If I weren't so lazy and didn't need to cook and bathe my daughter, I'd look it up.)

Ha, I was just going to write " you forgot blessing!"

I bet "angel baby" comes up.

I would feel more sorry for them [i do - loosing a child is VERY hard] but they milked her death for what nearly 5 months. The whole season the milked it and are using it for the season finale. Gross. I keep trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume positive intent but whatever.

I would feel more sorry for them [i do - loosing a child is VERY hard] but they milked her death for what nearly 5 months. The whole season the milked it and are using it for the season finale. Gross. I keep trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume positive intent but whatever.

I feel pretty much the same. In the clip it really seems as if Juterurs was showing some real emotion and thats good.. well, at least it's a hint that she has real emotions, which is still quite surprising.

They usually take a JSlave or sometimes the whole brood to those Jender appointments. I wonder if they only only took Jill this timbe with more realistic expectations about the outcome than we gave them credit for, making the group "gather 'round" (sorry Tim Gunn, don't kill me!) sort of necessary - I'm sure the girls down to Joy likely all knew, but they boys are generally kept in the dark (hence Josiah's very real reaction at the "announcement of J20).

She probably noticed that Jubilee had stopped moving.

I've had horrible things announced to me, and if you had lined me and my siblings up before you told us and filmed our reactions, I would have been pretty pissed. If the Duggar kids haven't been feeling used this whole time, I imagine they were after filming that episode.

Archived