IGNORED

the duggars say 'good bye'

crazyforkate

I believe in the episode it was "Some people don't like chocolate ice cream."

Smuggar was in rare form. "The thing that makes me mad is when people say we don't have individuality. We all have something! A hobby... or, a food!"

Food = individuality setting you apart from the crowd.

I guess we should have seen the current food obsession coming! :lol:

And I believe it was Josiah, in one of the first specials when he was still Smugs Jr., who said that they have individuality because Jim Bob doesn't like pickles.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's a Duggar girl to do if she marries a man who doesn't like pickles? Or aqua net like Daddy? It's all so horribly complicated for the poor things!

Maybe that would be a problem if a Duggar girl were to date, but when it comes to finding a husband, God and JB will do the work and set up the courtship. They would never allow a match with a man who opposes pickles and/or hairspray.

I wonder if Aquanet officially sponsors the show yet.

You can't tell me that's not product placement.

Smuggar was in rare form. "The thing that makes me mad is when people say we don't have individuality. We all have something! A hobby... or, a food!"

Now wait a minute. I thought they weren't supposed to have hobbies. The older girls specifically said that they're looking for potential husbands that don't have hobbies. So, are hobbies okay or not okay? HOW WILL I KNOW HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE??!!!11!1!!!!

I found the whole concept of a sheltered, privileged, 22 year old fundie girl preaching in a woman's prison about hardship and telling the women that they just needed to have faith and praise god for whatever he dished up in their lives horribly patronising.

This! WTH does Anna know about life in prison or what led to them being in prison.

I believe in the episode it was "Some people don't like chocolate ice cream."

Food = individuality setting you apart from the crowd.

Does anyone remember where it was that Smuggar said that? I thought it was in one of the pre-show specials, but I skimmed through them and couldn't find it. I know the whole family was sitting around while he made his little speech about individuality.

I wondered at the time why it would matter if you had a favorite food. It's not like you ever get to eat that, just because you like it or whatever. If the family's having TTC, you'll be eating TTC, and if your favorite food is too expensive to make for 20 people, you'll probably never get to eat it. Ridiculous on several levels :roll:

Does anyone remember where it was that Smuggar said that? I thought it was in one of the pre-show specials, but I skimmed through them and couldn't find it. I know the whole family was sitting around while he made his little speech about individuality.

I wondered at the time why it would matter if you had a favorite food. It's not like you ever get to eat that, just because you like it or whatever. If the family's having TTC, you'll be eating TTC, and if your favorite food is too expensive to make for 20 people, you'll probably never get to eat it. Ridiculous on several levels :roll:

Scary that I recall this was during the 16 kids and Moving in Special in 2006.

Thanks angri-la. I thought it was during that because I remembered them all wearing the blue shirts. I still can't find that specific clip, but I can only take so much of Michelle's baby voice. That was the same episode that brought up the epic PER-PEN-DIC-U-LAR :lol: It also made me sad to see little Josiah claim that they main thing he wanted in the new house was somewhere to hide where no one could find him :( Yeah, sounds like they all love the idea of sharing a room, Michelle.

Am I the only one questioning why this thread has the title it does when it has nothing to do with the miscarriage itself?

Am I the only one questioning why this thread has the title it does when it has nothing to do with the miscarriage itself?

It started out that way but we're all ADD, and ---

OH MY GOD LOOK AT THE KITTY.

:animals-cat:

"Happy kitty, soft kitty, little ball of furrrrr! Purr purr purr!"

..oh, the miscarriage. Um, right.

Well to get things back on topic I have a question. Does anyone think that things will ever get bad enough for Jim Boob and Michelle to see it as a sign from God to stop having kids, or if Michelle continues to have dangerously high risk pregnancies or she starts to lose baby after baby that all the trauma might cause them to at least question or have doubts about thier beliefs?

Well to get things back on topic I have a question. Does anyone think that things will ever get bad enough for Jim Boob and Michelle to see it as a sign from God to stop having kids, or if Michelle continues to have dangerously high risk pregnancies or she starts to lose baby after baby that all the trauma might cause them to at least question or have doubts about thier beliefs?

Nope. They have an obligation to God which is to produce white Christian men for God's army to wipe out all the non-white and non-Christian people disguised as a fundementalist anti-abortion and women cult of Christianity called Quiverfull.

If they's never gotten a TV show and were still the big-haired, frumper-wearing yokel couple (and family) we met in 2004ish, who were stuffed into a far-too-small house and merited a couple press releases when the newest kid was born, I could see them potentially (but quietly) shutting down the baby factory if things got too dangerous or overwhelming.

But now that they've built a media empire on their brand of "we take however many blessing-flowers the Lord blesses us with," they can hardly renege at this point. And with the egos at work within this family, I don't see the words "mistake" or "wrong" (as applied to themselves) having a place in their vocabulary.

I kind of figured as much I just feel awful for the kids and kind of expect Michelle to crack under all the pressure soon. She doesn't strike me as the sanest person to start with she seems way to adept at disengaging from reality I kind of wonder if the coldness people have noticed in her is the result of some effed up coping mechanism she seems to have shut down all emotional or logical thought outside of what Gothards books tell her to think and feel. I sense a breakdown is coming and when it does happen it won't be pretty she's at least half batshit as it is.I don't see Jim Boob as being capable of taking care of a goldfish by himself so I think for some of the kids it would give them a chance to escape while at least one of the daughters would get stuck at home taking care of the dumb dad, batcrap crazy mom and younger siblings.

I also wonder as someone in one of the really old threads I was reading last night mentioned if TLC will turn on the Duggars before it decides to cancel the show? I wonder if it will end in a situation like that family back in the 70's I can't remember the family's name but they were like the first reality tv show and it destroyed their family and the producer of the show kind of manipulated allot of situations to cause drama and the eventual break-up of the family.

Here at FJ we don't often stay on topic. Sidetracks happen and we don't try to stop them.

Here at FJ we don't often stay on topic. Sidetracks happen and we don't try to stop them.

Kinda reminds me of my dreams. One minute, I'm dreaming about being at a water park, next minute, I'm dreaming about being in the last Harry Potter film and Voldemort is on an ice rink, singing at the top of his lungs.

Oh I know and I enjoy that I was referring to the OP titling it that and the only relationship the title had to the comment was that she noticed it in that episode.

Nope. They have an obligation to God which is to produce white Christian men for God's army to wipe out all the non-white and non-Christian people disguised as a fundementalist anti-abortion and women cult of Christianity called Quiverfull.

So...do you guys think she will end up dying from a pregnancy? Or they will have several premature babies die?

I can't see it happening in a good way, but I don't know much about this sort of thing. Her body seems stuffed and she's getting old. Unless she hits menopause suddenly and it just stops like that? What happened in pre-birth control days?

For the same reason the troll thread is about a nekkid lesbian orgy and raising money so that Canadian FJs can have swimming pools. Please read for comprehension.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

It also made me sad to see little Josiah claim that they main thing he wanted in the new house was somewhere to hide where no one could find him :(

I haven't heard that before, that is just so terribly sad :cry:

Kinda reminds me of my dreams. One minute, I'm dreaming about being at a water park, next minute, I'm dreaming about being in the last Harry Potter film and Voldemort is on an ice rink, singing at the top of his lungs.

LOL That kinda works! Dementors are some of Voldemort's followers, they make things cold, frozen water park = ice rink! LOL

For the same reason the troll thread is about a nekkid lesbian orgy and raising money so that Canadian FJs can have swimming pools. Please read for comprehension.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Won't somebody please think of the poor, downtrodden Canadian!?!?!?! :cry:

Won't somebody please think of the poor, downtrodden Canadian!?!?!?! :cry:

Do you have a FB page for the fundraiser or a paypal? FWIW I'll be happy to share my blow up wading pool. Not all Americans are rich enough to have cement ponds.

Archived