IGNORED

Michele Duggar's Tips for a Happy Marriage

roddma

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, I think I'm going to throw up!

A wife’s Godliness is a powerful guard against her husband’s abuse of her

I don't even have words. As a woman who has been abused and who has a mother who was abused, I find that vile.

At the same time, re-worded and taught differently, it gives a woman so much power.

1- Tell your husband how he can protect you? Because he isn't manly enough to just know, but you are self-aware enough to!

2- Self-sufficiency kills love? Because your husband needs you to need him, since you wouldn't possibly be with him if you could go-it on your own!

3- Ask your husband your spiritual questions? Because he is so insecure, if you ask someone else he'll get jealous and cry like a rejected 6th grader!

4- A wife's spirit controls her husband's ambitions and reviewing past failures kills his self-worth? Because those things are in the wife's control, bwahahahaha!

5- Don't resist his physical affection? See #3!

[snort] Sponging off Beloved and bleeding him dry would kill our relationship so fast. What is this, "Seven Tips for a Happy Gold-Digger"?

I hope that they do another Ask the "Fans" episode. I wonder if they'll answer a question about how dehumanizing the pamphlet is to women? Knowing them, they'll just ignore it or sugar-coat their answers.

I wonder if their defenders and fans will still defend them after seeing the pamphlet...

they would still say the duggers do no wrong even if there was a video of jimboob mounting a sheep and Michelle selling her girls on Craigslist.

Does anyone have any idea how many Gothard followers there are in this country? Hopefully fewer than there were when he was in his heydey back in the 70's and 80's. I can't believe that people actually take this stuff even remotely seriously.

I can't believe that people actually take this stuff even remotely seriously.

I can't either, and yet here's the Duggar's favorite candidate, Frothy, leading in the polls for the GOP nom.

So I guess some people actually do take this stuff seriously. Go figure.

I don't even have words. As a woman who has been abused and who has a mother who was abused, I find that vile.

My mother was abused, and I witnessed it, and this item made me feel terrible for the women out there who believe it. I thought Michelle was extreme, but this is really nuts. I'd like to see her spend a day in my mother's shoes, circa 1970. My father would walk in the door and assault her, before she even had a chance to be godly or ungodly. Michelle would see pretty quick that being godly doesn't protect her from a punch in the nose.

So all the abused women of the world just aren't goddamn Godly enough? And Michelle is super-Godly because Jim-Bob adores her? Sickening, just sickening.

I would never take anything Michelle Duggar said as helpful to a happy marriage - more like helpful for a medicated, robotic existance. That breathy, little girl voice give me the shivers in a bad way.

As another abuse survivor, I think that's disgusting. In fact, I'm glad that fundies hate me because I got a divorce instead of putting up with that crap. One thing I love about my future spouse is that he wants to marry an equal, not a doormat. He's secure enough with his manhood that he wants me to work outside the home, as we're waiting until both of us find better jobs before setting a wedding date.

I laughed as I read each one, are males raised in this environment supposed to be men because they sound the middler schoolers I substitute. I think Michelle is enabling teenage insecurities in JimBob if this is really what she follows.

And the last one made my blood boil with how untrue it is.

if all men are leaders how does the army exist? since most leaders are men they are responsible for all thew worlds horrors. so if they are naturally leaders why are they so horrible at it? This is typical crap spouted out with no world experience behind it. We have all seen godly woman abused godly children abused. god does nto stop rapists or abuse there is way too much evidence to prove otherwise. but if you choose to ignore it you can spout this crap and feel good about it.

I read this to my husband, against his will. This is how our conversation went down:

Me: *reads Michelle's marriage tips*

Husband: "Well, if you're as insecure as John-Boy..."

Me: "You mean Jim Bob?"

Husband: "John Boy, Jim Bob, Jerkoff, whatever..."

:lol:

I read this to my husband, against his will. This is how our conversation went down:

Me: *reads Michelle's marriage tips*

Husband: "Well, if you're as insecure as John-Boy..."

Me: "You mean Jim Bob?"

Husband: "John Boy, Jim Bob, Jerkoff, whatever..."

:lol:

Read it to him against his will? Are you destroying your husband’s manliness?

Archived