IGNORED

Duggars: Black Sheep and Kool Aid?

meow139

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couldn't Jana be a nanny or child care assistant or something like that?

That is a possibility for Jana or other J'Slaves if left home and needed a job. Some daycare places are more into hiring college students who are majoring in education. I could see maybe Jana getting a job as a nanny to a wealthy couple. But if Jana or the J'Slaves were unable to get jobs in child care, I could see them struggling a bit.

That is a possibility for Jana or other J'Slaves if left home and needed a job. Some daycare places are more into hiring college students who are majoring in education. I could see maybe Jana getting a job as a nanny to a wealthy couple. But if Jana or the J'Slaves were unable to get jobs in child care, I could see them struggling a bit.

Not if said hypothetical wealthy couple does their due diligence and finds out the Duggars linked the Pearls' "To Train Up A Child" on their official webpage.

Well, I heard and read that most children who grew up ATI end up leaving it after.

If anything, the way the Duggar clan will more than likely marry someone who grew up ATI/IBLP but the following might happen:

-Some will continue to follow the ATI mindset because they feel more comfortable following that path since they don't know any better.

-Some will break away from ATI and live a normal, yet conservative Christian, lifestyle. Think like a fundie lite lifestyle where Christianity is the main focus in their family but without the crazy cult like behavior (allowing God to decide how many children to have, for example).

-Some will just completely break away from ATI for good and leave the ATI and even fundie lifestyle behind for good to the point where Christianity will play a smaller role in their lives compared to their other siblings. Example might be: attending church on just Sundays, drinking alcohol socially, etc.

I highly doubt every one of their children will follow in their parents' footsteps. Now the question is who is going to live which of the lifestyles. If anyone, besides Smuggar, many of them might end up living a fundie lite lifestyle, maybe a small handful will just leave that mindset behind them, and possibly 1 or 2 will still maintain a complete Fundie/ATI lifestyl

Not if said hypothetical wealthy couple does their due diligence and finds out the Duggars linked the Pearls' "To Train Up A Child" on their official webpage.

Forgot about the Duggar connection to TTUAC. Good point a lot of wealthy couples would do background checks on potential nannies. I remember there was an episode of 19KAC in which one of the older J'Slaves was having trouble getting Johannah to take a nap. I can't remember which J'Slave it was, but I remember a voice got raised and I think if cameras weren't around, a spanking would have happened.

Well, I heard and read that most children who grew up ATI end up leaving it after.

If anything, the way the Duggar clan will more than likely marry someone who grew up ATI/IBLP but the following might happen:

-Some will continue to follow the ATI mindset because they feel more comfortable following that path since they don't know any better.

-Some will break away from ATI and live a normal, yet conservative Christian, lifestyle. Think like a fundie lite lifestyle where Christianity is the main focus in their family but without the crazy cult like behavior (allowing God to decide how many children to have, for example).

-Some will just completely break away from ATI for good and leave the ATI and even fundie lifestyle behind for good to the point where Christianity will play a smaller role in their lives compared to their other siblings. Example might be: attending church on just Sundays, drinking alcohol socially, etc.

I highly doubt every one of their children will follow in their parents' footsteps. Now the question is who is going to live which of the lifestyles. If anyone, besides Smuggar, many of them might end up living a fundie lite lifestyle, maybe a small handful will just leave that mindset behind them, and possibly 1 or 2 will still maintain a complete Fundie/ATI lifestyl

I can see some of them becoming fundie lite.

Archived