IGNORED

and God said... Let there be HAM!

Deleted07

Yeah if he takes request I would like to win on the Lottery!!! :dance:

I actually bought a Powerball ticket today since I hadn't bought one at all in 2011. If I win I'll buy hams for everyone in this thread.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same goes for people who pray to God over sports events, or to help them find their lost house keys. or to help their kids learn long division.

You don't pray to God to find your lost house keys, or lost anything. You pray to Saint Anthony, the patron saint of lost things. :geek:

You don't pray to God to find your lost house keys, or lost anything. You pray to Saint Anthony, the patron saint of lost things. :geek:

Exactly!

I want ham now. God hasn't sent any.

Well, duh.

God does have a few other things to do--like helping Tim Tebow win football games, and handing out hams can be a distraction.

Saint Anthony finds good parking spaces for me. :pray:

He shouldn't be, that is not his duty. His duty is to find missing things that you have misplaced. Just like Saint Joseph.buried.upside.down's duty is to sell your house. I'll have to get back to you on the locating parking spaces saint. :think:

He shouldn't be, that is not his duty. His duty is to find missing things that you have misplaced. Just like Saint Joseph.buried.upside.down's duty is to sell your house. I'll have to get back to you on the locating parking spaces saint. :think:

One could argue that a good parking space is something you have "misplaced" in that it isn't always where you last remember it being.

One could argue that a good parking space is something you have "misplaced" in that it isn't always where you last remember it being.

That is really pushing the envelope. I'm quite sure there is a saint for such situations.

It's Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini, the first U.S. citizen to be canonized, and who ministered to poor Italian immigrants in New York City in the early 20th century, if you need a parking space.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Catholi ... paces.aspx

If it ain't broke...

ETA

I say the whole Saint Anthony please look around, something has been lost that must be found... It works for parking spaces too. Maybe because I always thank him in advance or maybe because he is glad I don't lose my car keys.

I found this info for Saints of Motorists/Drivers/Travellers:

SEBASTIAN of Aparicio

Drivers, road builders, travellers.

CHRISTOPHER

Archers, automobile drivers, automobilists, bachelors, boatmen, bus drivers, cab drivers, floods, fruit dealers, fullers, hailstorms, holy death, lorry drivers, mariners, market carriers, motorists, porters, Rab Croatia, sailors, storms, sudden death, taxi drivers, toothache, transportation, transportation workers, travellers, truck drivers, truckers, watermen.

FRANCES of Rome

Automobile drivers; automobilists; cab drivers; death of children; lay people; motorists; people ridiculed for their piety; Roman housewives; taxi drivers; widows.

Wasn't it in the epic "Don't ever wear black to a wedding." thread? Or was it another one. I can't keep up with this stuff.

I just have to say it : I ALWAYS wear black to weddings. It's pretty and dresses up a more casual style, cuz I'm not a rufflie person. There, I'm a boor.

I found this info for Saints of Motorists/Drivers/Travellers:

SEBASTIAN of Aparicio

Drivers, road builders, travellers.

CHRISTOPHER

Archers, automobile drivers, automobilists, bachelors, boatmen, bus drivers, cab drivers, floods, fruit dealers, fullers, hailstorms, holy death, lorry drivers, mariners, market carriers, motorists, porters, Rab Croatia, sailors, storms, sudden death, taxi drivers, toothache, transportation, transportation workers, travellers, truck drivers, truckers, watermen.

FRANCES of Rome

Automobile drivers; automobilists; cab drivers; death of children; lay people; motorists; people ridiculed for their piety; Roman housewives; taxi drivers; widows.

Now, now....you Catholics and your saints. :roll: Fundies know all you need is God and his hams, his Tim Tebow fetish, or his ability to cross things off your list and give you something you don't even need (just to show you how special you are) instead of feeding hungry children.

That is really pushing the envelope. I'm quite sure there is a saint for such situations.

There is a saint for everything! I bet there is a saint for couples doing it on the back of a yak to celebrate their 33rd wedding anniversary.

Do we know they didn't ask the cousin and his son to dinner? That is a good point.

Since the cousin was dropping it off that implies that they werent staying... I just assume that they werent invited to stay because that would require thinking outside of the selfish bubble.

CHRISTOPHER

Wow that Saint Christopher is a busy guy... watching over Mariners and Toothaches WOW.

Wow that Saint Christopher is a busy guy... watching over Mariners and Toothaches WOW.

Especially when you consider he was taken off the calender for, y'know, not existing and all.

asksistermarymartha.blogspot. com/2009/06/clearing-calendar.html

well, 100% Surrendered (now "tales from the little white house"), can see you your ham, and up it with a Tollhouse Cookiewiche (sic).

My go-to saint is St. Jude, patron saint of lost causes. I figure that that pretty much sums up all my woes :lol:

Archived