IGNORED

John d visiting the Maxwell's again.

Justme

I wonder if there will be a courtship announcement forthcoming from the Idaho Irrigator's visit? Think about it -- no trips scheduled, it's a "blessed" time of year. But which girl will it be? Sarah or Anna?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if there will be a courtship announcement forthcoming from the Idaho Irrigator's visit? Think about it -- no trips scheduled, it's a "blessed" time of year. But which girl will it be? Sarah or Anna?

Please please PLEASE let it be Sarah :pray: John-Marie (PERFECT name, by the way) surely meets the requirements set by Steve-O since he is allowed inside the Max house twice in this fall.

I hope this guy is like Cleve: not so keen to have a boat load of arrows and therefore interested in a more "mature" helpmeet. One can always hope, right?

Please please PLEASE let it be Sarah :pray: John-Marie (PERFECT name, by the way) surely meets the requirements set by Steve-O since he is allowed inside the Max house twice in this fall.

I hope this guy is like Cleve: not so keen to have a boat load of arrows and therefore interested in a more "mature" helpmeet. One can always hope, right?

I agree. The Maxwells don't just allow a young man into their home and actually take photos unless there is something going on. And yes, PLEASE let it be Sarah.

How I do love to take Sarah's posts out of context.

I wasn’t expecting anything very big, but I was completely shocked by it all.

= wedding night speculations?

How I do love to take Sarah's posts out of context.

= wedding night speculations?

:laughing-rollingyellow:

I think (hope?) you all are right about why Stevie is allowing John D. into the Maxwells' sanctum sanctorum. At least one of those girls needs to get out of that house.

Another one rooting for Sarah to get her chance at the only version of happiness she knows how to aspire to. I do fear that if Stevie reads here and there is in fact a courtship in the works, he's the kind of person that could allow our speculation about it to irk him enough to pull the plug just to prove we don't have his family's weird ways all figured out.

Guest Anonymous

Regardless of any courtship prospects, there is probably a business interest there too... and I doubt Steve would damage his business interests just to piss off Free Jinger. :)

I am putting good thoughts out that John-Marie wants Sarah. Are we looking at a Christmas engagement announcement?

Steve, if you let Anna marry before Sarah, I swear I will haunt you and bring every ghost I know to haunt you as well. :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

I would love Sarah to get out.... but John Marie is very young AND a real Goober.... I'm hoping that she has been putting feelers out for men her own age while all this 'community spirit' stuff has been going on with the neighbours and the church in town.

I would love Sarah to get out.... but John Marie is very young AND a real Goober.... I'm hoping that she has been putting feelers out for men her own age while all this 'community spirit' stuff has been going on with the neighbours and the church in town.

Maybe somebody at the Church of the Open Door.

She's very pretty, slim, articulate, accomplished. The only drawback I can imagine a young man having about her is the thought of having to deal with The Grim Stever and/or the assimilation into the Maxborg.

Maybe somebody at the Church of the Open Door.

She's very pretty, slim, articulate, accomplished. The only drawback I can imagine a young man having about her is the thought of having to deal with The Grim Stever and/or the assimilation into the Maxborg.

Love the Grim Stever and the Maxborg

I hope John-Marie (perfect name!) is there for Sarah. They just sent RAnna through One Ton Ramp A+ Certification. Would they have bothered if a courtship were in the works? I mean, it's a thousand dollars.

And on a side note, I wonder whether Nathan let RAnna do the classes for free, or if he made Steve pay.

I hope John-Marie (perfect name!) is there for Sarah. They just sent RAnna through One Ton Ramp A+ Certification. Would they have bothered if a courtship were in the works? I mean, it's a thousand dollars.

And on a side note, I wonder whether Nathan let RAnna do the classes for free, or if he made Steve pay.

It all comes out of the same wallet in the end, though, doesn't it? Don't they all work for Steve, CEO of Communications Concepts?

I'm guessing he's there for Mary. Since fixing the unibrow she's blossomed. Her hair is not always the same, she fills out her clothes, she glows. They also were seated across from each other in one of the pics. They seem suited to each other imo.

RAnna needs to make changes ( hair, smile) and Sarah is looking a little old.

Mary is only 15. I don't think he is there for her. I really think he is there for Sarah, I think he will marry the girls off in order. Goober is well-off and sufficiently fundy enough for Steve, so at this point I don't think the age difference matters. She is only 30, she can still have like 5-7 kids easily. I think he wants to marry her off because people are starting to wonder why he has a gorgeous, sweet 30 yr old SAHD locked away.

Mary is only 15. I don't think he is there for her. I really think he is there for Sarah, I think he will marry the girls off in order. Goober is well-off and sufficiently fundy enough for Steve, so at this point I don't think the age difference matters. She is only 30, she can still have like 5-7 kids easily. I think he wants to marry her off because people are starting to wonder why he has a gorgeous, sweet 30 yr old SAHD locked away.

Agree. Plus he is reportedly writing a book on courting. I don't know how many books he'd sell with a 30+ year old daughter wilting on the vine at home. It doesn't speak well for the courtship model.

ETA: Sarah and John-Marie's age difference is similar to Christopher and NR-Anna's age difference. Not that big of a thing.

Agree. Plus he is reportedly writing a book on courting. I don't know how many books he'd sell with a 30+ year old daughter wilting on the vine at home. It doesn't speak well for the courtship model.

ETA: Sarah and John-Marie's age difference is similar to Christopher and NR-Anna's age difference. Not that big of a thing.

Yes, this. And she looks younger than 30, I really don't think she looks older than John-Marie.

John-Marie! Cracks me up! :clap: :lol:

Me too! I laugh every time I type it. terranova came up with it;

If he marries one of the girls, what are they going to call him? John-Marie

I think it belongs right up there with "frumper" and "reversal-Anna" and "nonreversal-Anna" in FJ lore.

I did a wee bit of snooping :oops: and came across this: dropletirrigation.com

It appears Jesse Maxwell is doing his blog work for him.

I did a wee bit of snooping :oops: and came across this: dropletirrigation.com

It appears Jesse Maxwell is doing his blog work for him.

Good find, Terranova!

It looks like he is well-established. So if he marries a Maxwell girl, he'll take her to Idaho with him. Maybe that's going to be the deal-breaker. I hope it's Sarah and that she gets a chance to live far away from Stevie and get a semblance of her own life.

I think I've probably mentioned before that since meeting the Maxwells, I'm not a terribly big fan of Sarah, so I don't much care if he's there for her or if he's there for Anna, assuming he is there for courtship purposes. But, oh, how I hope that's why he's there -- for one of them, at least -- b/c I would love, love, love to see how the Maxwells deal with marrying off their female children.

Archived