IGNORED

John d visiting the Maxwell's again.

Justme

Aw! NRAnna made them ice cream floats and cute animal-shaped rice krispie treats! That shows more personality than the Maxwell sisters ever have with their joyless cooking.

And, yeah, that kid is totally coming around for a Sarah- or RAnna-related reason.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they are also trying to show that they eat like normal people - there have been a few dinner pics lately.

I think Chris was sitting next to John D in the empty chair, he moved so he wouldn't have to turn his head all the way around. Where on earth was Sarah sitting then - I saw only one empty chair!

I figure, since there's 4 seats on the ladies side of the table, there's probably a seat obscured between Steve and the boy on his right. The boy next to Teri moved to make the shot easier, and sat in Sarah's chair.

Wait! I just had a thought...His irrigation business is going very well. Perhaps he's going to expand it to Kansas and have the Max boys run things there? Not that they know anything about farming or anything, but if their other businesses are all sinking, it's a possibility.

Wait! I just had a thought...His irrigation business is going very well. Perhaps he's going to expand it to Kansas and have the Max boys run things there? Not that they know anything about farming or anything, but if their other businesses are all sinking, it's a possibility.

Sooooo interesting.... :think:

He definately wants one of the girls, just because one has business in Nebraska, one doesn't detour to Kansas for no reason.

They were up in Nebraska visiting Gram in the nursing home and must have brought him home with them.

It's just so interesting how that all lined up huh? :D

Just snorted my drink through my nose - I should know better than to drink and read freejinger at the same time. Thanks for the laugh terranova!

Guest Anonymous

It's just so interesting how that all lined up huh? :D

Maybe John-Marie lurks here to get the heads up on where the Maxwells are headed next? :P

I bet Mrs Goober sucks up big-time to Mrs Maxwell in the hope that she can lure Reversal Anna to Idaho for John-Marie, in exchange for sending the Goober Girl down to become Joseph's helpmeet.

Poor Sarah. I will feel badly for her if Reversal-Anna gets married before her.. it will really seem like the ship has sailed and she will be the forever SAHD. Although, I have to say, I'll be happy for any of those kids to get out from under Steve's terrifyingly morose patriarchy.

I laughed at the MG....that's just so...unmaxwell like!

That John fellow seems to be coming around alot, huh? How old is he? He looks too old for Anna. Sarah may be considered past marriage age for most fundie men though. Poor Sarah. I hope someone will see fit to offer her a chance to leave the home.

Ideally, I would like to see her marry a widower who has a couple of kids. I think she already understands her marriage options in the fundie world is limited. Heck, around the midwest, her marriage options are starting to become limited. People around where they live tend to marry in their twenties. I wonder if Anna and Mary will see her plight as warnings against tying oneself too closely to their creepy family. Will any of the Maxwell girls get married?

I think we determined last time he visited he was in his early 20's. Anna is 19. Perfect ages. At 30 in a month, Sarah is to old for him. Course he could wait for Mary, but I think Anna's is a better match.

Guest Anonymous

I would like to think that Sarah would be first to be married off, but I think from Steve's point of view, it would be a better use of 'resources' to send Anna away.

Anna is young and most likely fertile to deliver lots of godly offspring, as a testimony that cloistering your family really works. Her IT skills would be really useful to a prospective husband's business and she has had experience of entirely running the Maxwell House for the last year while Teri has been crying into her Sweet Journey manuscript. Anna is definitely the most marriageable, and yet entirely replaceable by the up-and-coming SAHD Mary.

Sarah is rather long in the tooth for marriage, possibly prone to depression like her Mama, and is, frankly rather too useful to let go from her roles of blog-writing, book-authoring, family business-managing and acting as right-hand SAHD to Papa Max, at conference time.

I think we determined last time he visited he was in his early 20's. Anna is 19. Perfect ages. At 30 in a month, Sarah is to old for him. Course he could wait for Mary, but I think Anna's is a better match.

Well there's about a six year difference in NR-Anna's and Christopher's ages. Is this so different?

ETA: Do you remember a while back there was a mention on the blog of Anna being trained to take over Sarah's duties if Sarah were to marry? I still think John-Marie is there for Sarah.

De-lurking here. I've been interested in the Maxwells and general fundie life ever since many years ago someone posted a link to Titus 2 on a parenting debate board I used to read. That was back when they used to have the forums that could be read by anyone. I was bummed when they shut those down. And now I've found there are others both fascinated and freaked out by these people lol!

Does anyone know anything more about John D other than his business. Is he from a known fundie family? Too bad he's too young for Sarah. I've checked on their blog occasionally over the years just to see if she has managed to escape.

Also I have to say I think I like NR Anna. Those Rice Krispy treats definitely show a little personality! I also think Melanie looks as if she might have some spunk. I sure hope Christopher and Nathan aren't as stick in the mud like as their father!

Guest Anonymous

Jeansonly, there are lots of Maxwell threads here to catch up on, if you use the search function. :)

We have been told by an insider here that the D family are friends of the Maxwell family and if you look through the blog there are a few places where they pop up. John D. has a sister, also with red hair. Search for them on FJ or over there at Titus 2 for some photos...

NR Anna seems like a nice girl, but entirely suited to Christopher. Her Goats Milk Soap business website is still up with the same "Good Person Test" blurb that Christopher uses for his own evangelism attempts. http://www.hamiltonfamilyfarms.com/Soap.html

Bingo!

If he marries one of the girls, what are they going to call him? John-Marie

I think I may have startled the neighbors with my LOLing. That's okay - the people above us are jerks.

I think it's possible Sarah could be the intended for this Idaho irrigation boy. Look at Blair Brown marrying her boy Taylor Tsantles (who was 17, I believe, to her 24). The problem with Sarah being as old as she is is that her fertile years are dwindling. Blair pumped out a baby in the first year of her marriage, I believe. And speaking of Blair, we need to get an internet sleuth out to find information about her. She used to blog, but not since she got married.

Jeansonly, there are lots of Maxwell threads here to catch up on, if you use the search function. :)

We have been told by an insider here that the D family are friends of the Maxwell family and if you look through the blog there are a few places where they pop up. John D. has a sister, also with red hair. Search for them on FJ or over there at Titus 2 for some photos...

NR Anna seems like a nice girl, but entirely suited to Christopher. Her Goats Milk Soap business website is still up with the same "Good Person Test" blurb that Christopher uses for his own evangelism attempts. http://www.hamiltonfamilyfarms.com/Soap.html

I full read that as goat milk soup, and was curious about something so vile sounding, but not at all surprising on theses boards. Kinda relieved...

Good find, anniec! But I'm wondering how Jesus' cross got to Bethlehem?

I've only watched a few minutes but so far it doesn't look too bad! Of course, I'm an old ham-reenactor, so this kind of thing appeals. :)

Archived