IGNORED

"Virgin Diaries" special, next week on TLC

Kitchen Princess

They've covered the show in the ABC News website as well at http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainme ... n-diaries/. The picture is disturbing. Could the groom look more like a cadaver? It just adds to the creepy factor.

From the ABC article: "Shanna had kissed other people before Ryan; Ryan had not. That fact becomes sweetly apparent when Ryan lifts up his bride’s veil, plants his lips on hers, and sucks vigorously away."

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope I'm not the only one who is gonna watch this tonight. Would love to read your comments about it.

Oh not to worry, you won't be the only watching this tonight. I am just hoping there is lots of screen time devoted to the extreme fundies (i.e. no hand holding before marriage).

Reclaimed Virgin.... is she CRAZY??? Honey, you can't get it back. Also, the three of them rubbing each others backs on the bed was a little freaky. Maybe they should forget about men and just live together as "Friends". It's totally acceptable!

Reclaimed Virgin.... is she CRAZY??? Honey, you can't get it back.

Yeah, I'm a reclaimed Harvard Law Professor. What that means is, I am in no way a Harvard Law Professor, but I wish I was, so I just use the qualifier "reclaimed" and now we count it all as the same.

I feel like I'm getting a gay vibe from the first guy. I'm not assuming he's gay because of the virgin thing, just a feeling I have.

I totally agree! If that guy didnt find a pity fuck in college he's totally pinging the gaydar

Also, you can maybe say you want to reclaim your virginity after one time. If you have had 7 other boyfriends and you've said you slept with all of them, I'm going to say no way

My husband is watching with me and he says agrees with your assessment on Carey, Amy

I feel like I'm getting a gay vibe from the first guy. I'm not assuming he's gay because of the virgin thing, just a feeling I have.

I second that one... my gaydar is going off.

Clearly talking about your ticking biological clock, your desire to get married immediately, and your virgin status aren't exactly usual first date conversation starters :naughty: :naughty:

I second that one... my gaydar is going off.

Third.

Also, wow. "What's your timeline?" He's not remodeling your kitchen sweetie, he's on a date with you. Quit being so clinical about everything.

In other news, the girls talking about their dream guys kinda irks. What do they have to offer besides their hymens. (or reclaimed hymen, as it were)

Third.

Also, wow. "What's your timeline?" He's not remodeling your kitchen sweetie, he's on a date with you. Quit being so clinical about everything.

In other news, the girls talking about their dream guys kinda irks. What do they have to offer besides their hymens. (or reclaimed hymen, as it were)

I can't believe she asked him about his "timeline" and then told him she was a virgin on their first date. This is why she is still a virgin.

Ellen DeGeneres's comments on that were pretty funny.

When is was talking to my mom on the phone this afternoon she was watching this and laughing about it. When they played the preview of the couple actually kissing she said something along the lines of "If they're going to allow themselves to be filmed kissing for millions of people they should at least know how to do it." :lol:

When is was talking to my mom on the phone this afternoon she was watching this and laughing about it. When they played the preview of the couple actually kissing she said something along the lines of "If they're going to allow themselves to be filmed kissing for millions of people they should at least know how to do it." :lol:

That was just nasty! Even Josh and Anna had the respect not to suck face in front of the family!

"I'm going to have a one night stand that turns into a relationship." Ummm, what? Hate to tell him, but the whole point of a one night stand is to have sex and then move on. No strings attached.

The guy getting married is a total douche!

Yep. "On our wedding day, don't keep asking if everything's okay." Or something like that. It ticked me off. Her desperation is painful to watch.

The first guy pings my almost non-existent gaydar, too. I can't believe he wanted to talk about that with his mother. I would rather die.

I also thought the girls rubbing each other was a little weird...

Sure they can reclaim their virginity of the pray enough. well they think so but what she really thinks is if she forgets the past then the first time with the unlucky hubby will be that magical moment every virgin bride gets to experience. I mean we all know fundies who practice purity have fantastic first times.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to say that the groom looks like a young Mr. Burns.

Archived