IGNORED

"Virgin Diaries" special, next week on TLC

Kitchen Princess

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching the repeat, and really, what's up with her VEIL? It is completely wrinkled and looks really bad just on the front of her head. yikes.

I'm watching the repeat, and really, what's up with her VEIL? It is completely wrinkled and looks really bad just on the front of her head. yikes.

I noticed that, too. I'm no expert, but...is it possible she had it on wrong?

I missed this delightful mess! I hope TLC is repeats it a few more times this week.

Do NOT watch while eating. The tongue antics are truly puke-inducing.

Did anyone else, think it was super creepy, when the bride's Dad said he wished he could be a fly on the wall for the wedding night? :angry-screaming:

Did anyone else, think it was super creepy, when the bride's Dad said he wished he could be a fly on the wall for the wedding night? :angry-screaming:

Um YES! Wtf. That's disgusting. I definitely wouldn't want to watch them have sex. The kissing was painful enough

What a mess. Smuggar DID maul Anna when they had their first kiss (and Boob had to announce that it would be their FIRST KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as if everyone there didn't already) know this, and could not extract themselves from one another during the reception. I imagine there was a LOT more macking than they showed...family show and all.

LOVED the Dad who facepalmed when the couple tried to vacu-suck each other's face for the "fist kiss. That made the show for me.

Did anyone think Shanna was talking a little funny the day after their wedding? Like someone bit her tongue? Also, WTF did they show her licking him.... I almost PUKED!!!!!!!!!!!! All over my couch. And if that had happened, I would have sent TLC the bill for getting my couch cleaned.

maybe she thought that was oral sex??

Maybe he had a piercing where she least expected one? LOL

:puke-huge: I haven't watched the show yet, but based on the preview I saw and the things I've read here, I don't know if I have the stomach for it!

One thing I saw as strange... the families didn't seem fundie at all when they were doing the interviews at the wedding, people were like "why the hell did they wait".... I wonder what their reasoning was for remaining virgins, and for saving the kiss, which is definately usually a fundie thing. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't really get a fundie vibe from them, just a dorky one.

One thing I saw as strange... the families didn't seem fundie at all when they were doing the interviews at the wedding, people were like "why the hell did they wait".... I wonder what their reasoning was for remaining virgins, and for saving the kiss, which is definately usually a fundie thing. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't really get a fundie vibe from them, just a dorky one.

some people just prefer to save it 'til marriage, fundy or not. *shrug*

I'm thinking of rebranding The Learning Channel as TV for Lonely Christians. Honestly.

Also, I waited for a little while before getting it on in my adult life, but I made sure to learn how my body worked and what I liked as well as I could beforehand, and I've gotta say, it did not take much time at all to get into a freakin' awesome groove with my partner(s). Pretty sure these folks aren't exactly into self-service, though.

Was anyone else annoyed by the first girl who Carey went on a date with? First, I wouldn't ask on the first date if the guy was a virgin. If he told me, I wouldn't make such a big deal about it. The guy is timid enough as it is. Maybe he didn't want to get crazy drunk at a college party and do the first girl that came along. (Nothing wrong with doing that, btw, but it's not for everyone.)

I think some people make too big a deal about virginity on both sides of the aisle.

some people just prefer to save it 'til marriage, fundy or not. *shrug*

The virgin part I get, but besides super-fundies, who waits till marraige to kiss? (I do think she said she'd kissed other beaus before though, just not him and not each other).

The virgin part I get, but besides super-fundies, who waits till marraige to kiss? (I do think she said she'd kissed other beaus before though, just not him and not each other).

Yeah, I definitely got the vibe that she had kissed before as she said "I love kissing!". I do think it was a religious thing with them. I've met people before (teenagers and young adults) who were pretty religious but their parents were more lax. I think this might be the scenario with this couple. Obviously she wasn't raised fundie (hence the previous kissing) but somehow got involved with a church where this might be the norm.

Anyway, I found this particular couple's every interaction to be excruciating to watch. They both seem a little nerdy and "off" to me. I did find their family and friends responses and advice pretty hilarious though.

The 3 virgin girls creeped me out too! God! They just came across so DESPERATE!!! No wonder they're still single! Even like-minded guys can probably sense this and will likely go running for the hills. And those girls massaging each other during the beginning of the show BLEW.MY.MIND. They all must just be so completely unaware of themselves.

I'll tell you what... TLC knows what they are doing though. They know a good freak show when they see one. I just envision the camera guys laughing hysterically filming this stuff and the editors doing the same thing! The 3-way massage is a perfect example of this!

Loved it! Hope they do another episode!

The groom was not acting happy. His body language, comments - he really did not seem into it.

I think he seemed overwhelmed bu her passion and aggression. Didn't he even say something about her "energy". LOL!! Something tells me she'll be the aggressor in the bedroom for their relationship. I loved how she was talking about her lingerie and having "plans" and how the next thing out of his mouth was how he couldn't wait to "sleep in". HAHAHA! I think she'll likely be disappointed.

Agh, it was so awkward! I could only watch in short stretches. I guess I don't understand why virginity is so important.

I was so grossed out with her kissing. I could not watch it most of the time! For someone who said she loved kissing, she sure was horrible at it. She looked like a zombified guppy fish.

That is going to get old REAL quick for her husband.

Watching the show, all my husband and I could think were so many of these people were setting themselves up for major disappointment in imagining orgasms on the first night since it was "with their husband" and all this stuff.

I find it sad so much emphasis is put on virginity. It really sexualizes people even more as the emphasis is so much on their sexuality and what they are or are not doing, and it is something they project onto others too. The one girl made a comment about how it was clear they were marrying for more than sex since they were saving it, or something. I was like, um, yeah. That makes NO sense given if I wanted sex I could have it whenever without marriage. Also, what an insult! I certainly did not marry my husband only for sex, freaking moron.

People need to do what is right for their lives, but I sure could not imagine marrying someone without ensuring there was a great sexual compatibility there first. Not just in respect to styles, and preferences, but even physical fit.

Was anyone else annoyed by the first girl who Carey went on a date with? First, I wouldn't ask on the first date if the guy was a virgin. If he told me, I wouldn't make such a big deal about it. The guy is timid enough as it is. Maybe he didn't want to get crazy drunk at a college party and do the first girl that came along. (Nothing wrong with doing that, btw, but it's not for everyone.)

Well, in her defense, she only asked because he kept hinting at it, saying he was "Really, really, REALLY inexperienced." Her question about his virginity was the obvious one to ask, and it was clear that Carey wanted her to know. I thought she handled it quite well, actually. She didn't make fun of him and asked him how he had never done it by his age. She didn't disrespect him at all.

The bride's dad, with his "fly on the wall" comment and his desire to talk to the groom a few days later to see how banging his daughter went, was the creepiest person on the entire show. Gawd.

I saw parts of this, but mostly watched other things. It bothered me. As a person in their 20s who still hasn't had a relationship, I kind of feel like it's mimicking society's ideas. The idea that if you are my age or older and have never had a relationship or your first kiss yet, you either chose to be in that position or something is wrong with you. :roll: I can say that I have not chosen to be single, I just have no luck in that area, at all. Maybe something is wrong with me, I don't know. I would love to have one and I have a normal to high libido, but every guy I met is clearly not interested, already with someone or is gay.

I wish our society wouldn't obsess with sex so much and would leave people alone when it comes to that area of a relationship. Fundies are no better. Everything is about sex and purity, whether the society expects people to have mated regardless of marital status by a certain age or they expect you wait until marriage to even kiss. We need to let it go and let things happen for people when they happen. There should be no ideal except for the one the individual makes.

Will say that the first kiss at wedding couple still did not know how to kiss at the end. Someone needs to give them some tips. Never been kissed, but even I know that's not how you do it. No offense, but it looked like pecking hens. The lick was weird and gross. I would not want my face licked. Nasty. Also, loved the woman's fantasy about sex. She seemed to think it was like the movies, but it's not big deal to image. They didn't seem to mind that it wasn't as great as they thought. I know I'm still a virgin in all ways, but I don't get how sex can't be fun the first time. Even if it not "great", learning experiences can be fun, especially with someone else. How would one know how bad it was if they never did before anyway? It probably only seems bad once you learn to do it better and that first time, even if it was a learning experience and looking back realize it was awful, it's something to joke about and always remember. One of the worst vacations my family and I ever took as a child was my most memorable vacation and something to laugh about forever. It's been a decade and a half and I still remember it for the laughs. :lol:

There is no such thing as secondary virginity. It sounds like she made some bad decisions, regretted them, and decided to change her behavior. People do that all the time, in a variety of areas, but you cannot just pretend that you are still a virgin. So weird, so weird.

I know, when I heard that I turned to my husband and told him I have been a virgin many times over, yeah! In fact, that means I was a virgin when he met me!

Give me a break. There is no secondary virginity after one time. Never mind seven times.

Archived