IGNORED

"Virgin Diaries" special, next week on TLC

Kitchen Princess

The Bride, oh the bride has some seriously social issues...my guess would be some developmental or social disorder. And the groom didn't ping my gaydar as much as extreme social discomfortdar and possible anxiety, etc.

I saw issues of control and cruelty in him. Yes, she was all over him, and out of control, but she cares about him, and he has deprived her of kissing on the lips for the duration of their relationship. I think her father sees this control, too. When the bride's father said, "Gee, it's just a kiss, we not asking him/them to make out, just kiss.", or something like that, it seemed like he was referring to the fact that the groom was depriving the bride of something very special to her that she desperately wanted.

It's one thing to deprive someone of something that you would never do, single or married. It's another thing to deprive someone (that you love and care about) of something so basic, and so low level on the intimacy scale. Yet, kissing on the lips is one of those things that transitions a friendship to a romantic relationship. And, he wouldn't give her that.

In depriving her of this basic form of intimacy, he set himself up to be at the receiving end of some over the top behavior. I'm guessing a very low percentage of people would sign up to have someone coming after them with that intensity and ferocity.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just based on the commercials and blog, these people are messed up. Seriously.

Don't want to have sex before marriage? Don't. Want to have sex before marriage? Go right ahead. I don't understand the need so many people have to share intimate details of their sex lives with the entire world, via reality shows. We have the Jersey Shore and Real World crowds screwing random people on camera, dumb ass Kim Kardashian whoring out her wedding and personal life everywhere, while at the same time, the Duggars constantly go on about modesty, purity, and virginity. Now, we have these fools up in the mix. It's sickening.

Yeah, I talk about my sex life a lot- with my FRIENDS, and that's it. I have run the gamut from being a 20 year old virgin to being in a relationship to random hookups, and believe me, each stage was fine, and worthy of discussion with the people I am closest to. I can't imagine broadcasting any of this to the entire world- it was bad enough in college when I would get talked about for being a virgin, or later for having sex with whoever. As my mom always says, it's nobody's business.

Its funny, I mean the whole thing is ridiculous and in one of the scenes, one couple looked liked they were eating each other on their wedding.

But I won't judge them. after all, I'm 23 years old and a virgin. Never got laid not even in high school. I don't really care about it though. I just have my own interests, and sex doesn't have to be everything in life.

:laughing-rolling:

I have not read all the posts but Ugh What will TLC think of next? It seems they are on a religious kick or something. I think you are talking about "Alien" or "V'.

Archived