IGNORED

"Virgin Diaries" special, next week on TLC

Kitchen Princess

. Also, loved the woman's fantasy about sex.

That is just it, it was ALL about the fantasy. About what she would wear (her crotchless panties, lol), and how they would disrobe (and who would shower first :lol: ), and then all sorts of other details, and then she just said "then we'll have sex". :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is really like they were so uncomfortable actually relating to each other, it was better to imagine how awesome things could be (because they weren't doing it yet).

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, when I heard that I turned to my husband and told him I have been a virgin many times over, yeah! In fact, that means I was a virgin when he met me!

Give me a break. There is no secondary virginity after one time. Never mind seven times.

Shhhh....... I spent most of the evening after the show "reclaiming" things. First I reclaimed my virginity. Then I decided that I had never experienced chocolate. Let me tell you that first bite of chocolate was completely different than the chocolate I had before I reclaimed my chocolate virginity! Then I spent some time with my husband (TMI!) and had to reclaim my virginity again. :) Then I decided to reclaim my stink and take a shower for the first time. Then I had to reclaim my virginity a few more times just to "be sure" that it worked so I'm now a quadruple virgin.......the most holy of reclaimed virgins! I have 4 imaginary hymens between me and my man. I'm so holy! (not holey though! oh no! I've been reclaimed!)

I think I'll reclaim my internet virginity next. It will be great to finally get onto the internet for the first time! I've been waiting for soooooo long!

ETA: my husband claims that reclaiming your virginity while still sailing by on reclaimed virginity might be something akin to trying to divide by zero so I've done it 4 times... I might do a 5th and maybe the world will implode on itself!!! Watch out!

Shhhh....... I spent most of the evening after the show "reclaiming" things. First I reclaimed my virginity. Then I decided that I had never experienced chocolate. Let me tell you that first bite of chocolate was completely different than the chocolate I had before I reclaimed my chocolate virginity! Then I spent some time with my husband (TMI!) and had to reclaim my virginity again. :) Then I decided to reclaim my stink and take a shower for the first time. Then I had to reclaim my virginity a few more times just to "be sure" that it worked so I'm now a quadruple virgin.......the most holy of reclaimed virgins! I have 4 imaginary hymens between me and my man. I'm so holy! (not holey though! oh no! I've been reclaimed!)

I think I'll reclaim my internet virginity next. It will be great to finally get onto the internet for the first time! I've been waiting for soooooo long!

ETA: my husband claims that reclaiming your virginity while still sailing by on reclaimed virginity might be something akin to trying to divide by zero so I've done it 4 times... I might do a 5th and maybe the world will implode on itself!!! Watch out!

:laughing-rolling: OMG, I was moved to reclaim my virginity last night during the show, too! And then I, too, had to reclaim it again later. :oops: But hey, you can just keep reclaiming it, right? I'm a virgin every time! Woo hoo!

I like this idea you have of reclaiming chocolate virginity. I think I'll do that next.

I remember a conversation with my Mom (maybe twenty years ago), who said she didn't understand why so many Mom's worked, why they needed to...uggh.

My Mom didn't work until my brother was in third grade, and I was in fifth. I think Mom went to work because my brother and I were older, and they wanted to purchase a vacation cabin.

Dad worked for a large aerospace company, made a reasonable salary. The conversation took place after Mom was working, and earning a reasonable wage herself. Maybe Mom meant work when the kids were young, who knows.

I thought Mom probably didn't see the differences between the "good old days" and these days. Dad earned a reasonable/middle class salary and the purchased a house in 1961 or so, it was new, fairly large, unfinished basement, etc..

I asked Mom what Dad's wage was when they bought the house I grew up in. Mom said X, and I asked how much was did there house cost? Mom said Y. Well, Y was about twice X. I asked Mom what Dad or some other person in a similar position would earn these days, Mom said M and I said some friends purchased a house for P. It wasn't a McMansion or anything, very similar to Mom and Dad's house. P was about five to six times M.

I can't recall exactly what Mom's reaction was to the comparison in the conversation, but it wouldn't have surprised me if she hadn't said something about young couples just can't wait, want the best of everything, or if Mom had a light bulb over her head. I think it took a while for the comparison to sink in, but probably was effective for Mom.

I have used the comparison above many times in my life, and have also compared items to the minimum wage when i was a teen versus minimum wage now. Gas for instance was less than 25% of my initial minimum wage, versus about 50% of the current minimum wage, and Washington actually indexes (although that didn't happen until recent times) the minimum wage to inflation!

The minimum wage comparison to the price of gas actually hit home for one of my coworkers/friends who is extremely conservative the other day. Kind of fun to see his eyes open a bit!

Jeff

P.S. Hi emmiedahl...I'm in central Washington right now as well, and might be about half an hour south of you, if you are at a university in "central" Washington.

I'm late to join this thread, but I'll just say...the 29 year old virgin website ladies are from Abbotsford, BC. I don't have any source to cite, But I've heard many times that Abbotsford has more churches per capita than any other city in North America. I've been there many times, and there are churches everywhere - old churches on street corners, churches in movie theaters, churches in strip malls, the place is truly bristling with churches. So it's not a big surprise that the super-virgins hail from there.

Apparently the virgins attend a church called "The River" where the pastor's last name is Dyck. Anyone else find that rather hilarious?

Thanks to FJ, I was warned away from this horrid show.

Egads, why is the status of people's virginity considered a suitable topic for a whole television program? Big friggin' deal.

I know, when I heard that I turned to my husband and told him I have been a virgin many times over, yeah! In fact, that means I was a virgin when he met me!

Give me a break. There is no secondary virginity after one time. Never mind seven times.

And I guarantee that any true virgin guy isn't going for the reclaimed 7x over virgin! As much as these fundies like to talk about how people can be washed pure of their sins by God/Jesus, I find it interesting/hypocritical that none of them would choose to marry these "reclaimed" virgins. They run from these people like they have the plague.

WTF is with the "reclaimed virgin" crap? Especially after 7 boyfriends???? It's called celibacy, honey. Your virginity will NEVER be reclaimed.

I was really disturbed by the "mmmm" noises the bride made while she was trying to devour her husband. That was just wrong. I don't know if the groom was truly terrified, completely asexual, or deeply closeted, but I predict trouble down the road for those two.

Surely, I can't be the only one that was surprised that TLC didn't show a selectively blurred version of the wedding night? I really think that TLC hit a new low with this show, lol. I also noticed that they had her mike turned up loud or something because during the wedding and their interviews, etc you could hear every little giggle, snort and noise she made. Uggg, it was just gross.

But now, inspired by that show and the posts here, I think I'm off to spend some time doing something that makes it necessary to reclaim my virginity. Sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon.

I'm late to join this thread, but I'll just say...the 29 year old virgin website ladies are from Abbotsford, BC. I don't have any source to cite, But I've heard many times that Abbotsford has more churches per capita than any other city in North America. I've been there many times, and there are churches everywhere - old churches on street corners, churches in movie theaters, churches in strip malls, the place is truly bristling with churches. So it's not a big surprise that the super-virgins hail from there.

Apparently the virgins attend a church called "The River" where the pastor's last name is Dyck. Anyone else find that rather hilarious?

I recently posted about the gems and gold dust from god and I believe they are in Abbotsford. Me thinks maybe Abbotsford is like the Area 51 of fundies.

This show was absolutely a complete set-up. First of all, I am proudly a virgin based on my religious convictions that intimate physical acts should be saved until marriage - however I would NEVER tell someone I met on a first date that I was?? How awkward is that? Even if you are not having sex not by choice why would you ever tell someone? It just seems like that would make things even more awkward.

The only reason I watched this show was to see if the couple in the promo was for real. Seriously - that was hilarious. The girl was clearly READY for some action...how awkward would it have been to be watching them in person??

Long time lurker but I had to delurk to ask this question....

The music they played during most of the show last night was from The Sims 3. What was that all about? I really did not get it at all and I wondered if anyone else had any insight.

This show was absolutely a complete set-up. First of all, I am proudly a virgin based on my religious convictions that intimate physical acts should be saved until marriage - however I would NEVER tell someone I met on a first date that I was?? How awkward is that? Even if you are not having sex not by choice why would you ever tell someone? It just seems like that would make things even more awkward.

The only reason I watched this show was to see if the couple in the promo was for real. Seriously - that was hilarious. The girl was clearly READY for some action...how awkward would it have been to be watching them in person??

I have a question but I don't want it to seem snarky (despite this being a snark forum), so hopefully you won't take it that way: why you describe yourself as "proudly a virgin"? Did you mean that even though you are a virgin, and you're not ashamed of it, that you wouldn't tell others (which I totally get because that's way TMI IRL)? Did you mean, as you posted, that you are proud because you have these religious convictions and you're proud that you've held fast to them?

For context, I was a virgin until I married, as well, but I don't get the "proud of it" thing. Obviously, people are free to choose whatever they like and I'm all for that, and I certainly don't think it's something to be ashamed of. . . I guess I just think it's rather a non-issue (or should be).

Thanks to FJ, I was warned away from this horrid show.

Egads, why is the status of people's virginity considered a suitable topic for a whole television program? Big friggin' deal.

Whether your private parts have "Over 5 Billion Served" stamped over them, or are still fresh in the crate, I just don't care. Damn, why does everyone have to be so TMI these days?

The thing is, it's not even necessary to be a reclaimed virgin unless you really buy into a lot of gender essentialism, misogyny, and rape culture tropes. It's perfectly fine to have lots of sex, and then decide not to have any more for awhile. The only way she would think otherwise if she truly believes that consenting to sex with one boyfriend automatically implies consent to all future boyfriends, or if she believes that only virgins have the right to say no. I started having sex in high school and did it occasionally, then I had lots and lots of sex in college and for awhile after college. But for the past year or so, I'm at a point in my life when I just don't really crave sex except for on a few rare occasions. So, I simply don't have sex. It's not some big deal and I don't have to pretend I'm a virgin or anything like that. That girl is making things so complicated.

Austin - Maybe that wasn't the best word choice :) I simply was referring to the fact that I'm a virgin by choice and not ashamed of it (like some of the individuals on the show seemed to be) but think it is way TMI IRL to lead with that in a date or even in a friendship. I totally agree with you that people are free to choose what they like and that they shouldn't at all be ashamed of their choice - eveyone has different beliefs and it's a personal decision. I am in no way going to preach in anyone's face about my beliefs or say that I consider myself to be "better" because I'm a virgin, however if someone were to ask me what my beliefs are or about the physical boundaries my bf and I have set for ourselves, I will gladly share our personal position and decision.

The thing is, it's not even necessary to be a reclaimed virgin unless you really buy into a lot of gender essentialism, misogyny, and rape culture tropes. It's perfectly fine to have lots of sex, and then decide not to have any more for awhile. The only way she would think otherwise if she truly believes that consenting to sex with one boyfriend automatically implies consent to all future boyfriends, or if she believes that only virgins have the right to say no. I started having sex in high school and did it occasionally, then I had lots and lots of sex in college and for awhile after college. But for the past year or so, I'm at a point in my life when I just don't really crave sex except for on a few rare occasions. So, I simply don't have sex. It's not some big deal and I don't have to pretend I'm a virgin or anything like that. That girl is making things so complicated.

I agree. It looks like that woman has been a little bit brainwashed by her roommates - maybe has joined their church and been told that virginity is really really important. But she comes off as a bit of a crackpot.

I don't have anything against waiting till marriage either. I actually wish I'd waited a little longer myself, 'cause the first guy I slept with in high school was a bit of a douche, and I regretted it afterwards. But I'm not losing sleep over it today.

The Bride, oh the bride has some seriously social issues...my guess would be some developmental or social disorder. And the groom didn't ping my gaydar as much as extreme social discomfortdar and possible anxiety, etc.

The awkwardness of two grown people going on about being a virgin. And those kisses were her doing and HORRID. She is a mess.

:laughing-rolling: OMG, I was moved to reclaim my virginity last night during the show, too! And then I, too, had to reclaim it again later. :oops: But hey, you can just keep reclaiming it, right? I'm a virgin every time! Woo hoo!

I like this idea you have of reclaiming chocolate virginity. I think I'll do that next.

I guess we all got lucky last night! I reclaimed my virginity as well....then, yeah, reclaimed it again. My husaband reclaimed his this morning so we're looking forward to losing our virginity to each other in a few hours.

I guess we all got lucky last night! I reclaimed my virginity as well....then, yeah, reclaimed it again. My husaband reclaimed his this morning so we're looking forward to losing our virginity to each other in a few hours.

I think y'all should lose it while watching a repeat of the show, that would be twisted and kinda hot! :twisted:

Austin - Maybe that wasn't the best word choice :) I simply was referring to the fact that I'm a virgin by choice and not ashamed of it (like some of the individuals on the show seemed to be) but think it is way TMI IRL to lead with that in a date or even in a friendship. I totally agree with you that people are free to choose what they like and that they shouldn't at all be ashamed of their choice - eveyone has different beliefs and it's a personal decision. I am in no way going to preach in anyone's face about my beliefs or say that I consider myself to be "better" because I'm a virgin, however if someone were to ask me what my beliefs are or about the physical boundaries my bf and I have set for ourselves, I will gladly share our personal position and decision.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification :)

My husband has been out of town for a couple of days so we haven't had sex. Does that mean I'm a virgin now?

My husband has been out of town for a couple of days so we haven't had sex. Does that mean I'm a virgin now?

No! You have to say the magic words.....what are the magic words?

I wish the Goblin King would come take you away right now! I reclaim my virginity.

No! You have to say the magic words.....what are the magic words?

I wish the Goblin King would come take you away right now! I reclaim my virginity.

Labrynth reference, FTW!!!

Archived