IGNORED

Duggar World Tour

Kitten

Israel has universal health care for citizens, but I'm pretty sure tourists have to pay. At least, when I went to the emergency room while staying there I had to pay. (My insurance company reimbursed me later after I got home.)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not defending them, but it makes sense to have someone else there. They can trade off on sleeping, eating, staying with Josie, etc. I can't bemoan that decision.

I also know I would be nervous being alone in another country with only my toddler. That said why not have one of the boys stay?

That said why not have one of the boys stay?

Boys can't nurture children, duh. :roll:

More then likely Jill is the most level headed, loving mother type. Moreso than Josie's own mother.

Not necessarily. If Josie caught an ear infection then she wouldn't be allowed to fly. If they flew with her then Josie would be in tremendous pain due to the air pressure. Usually if a kid has an ear infection they have to wait until the infection is gone before flying. Preemies are quite prone to ear infections too due to their eustachian tubes being quite small (actually this can happen with full term babies too). It might be that J'chelle has had to stay in Israel with Josi until she had finished anti-biotics if something like this has happened. Not a severe thing, but something that will prevent flying.

Watch it be an ear infection . . . after multiple ear infections (with no tubes put in). I wouldn't put it past them.

Their doctor in Arkansas is either really, really incompetent or really, really pissed off right now.

Israel has universal health care for citizens, but I'm pretty sure tourists have to pay. At least, when I went to the emergency room while staying there I had to pay. (My insurance company reimbursed me later after I got home.)

Ireland has universal health care too. When my Dad got sick there neither he nor his health insurance was billed.

I hope Josie is OK. It could be something as simple as an ear infection but it could be something worse. The last time I flew internationally I ended up in ICU with pneumonia, septic shock, and DIC, nearly died. My immune system is compromised from cancers.

It makes sense to have one of the older girls stay with Michelle and Josie, just to trade off sleeping, etc. If you've ever had to sit at someone's bedside you know 2 makes it easier.

Nell

edited to correct spelling

Even if it is something minor like an ear infection, isn't a minor illness a big deal anyway if the child is a (micro) preemie? Could an ear infection possibly be fatal for her?

I really hope Josie survives. Poor kid. I wonder if the parents didn't want to take her but TLC pressured them into doing so? It's been talked about before how TLC manipulates things and doesn't care about stepping on other people's toes...

OK, I know you all are probably going to say I'm overreacting, but where is CPS? They're putting a medically fragile child at risk with all their nuttiness.

Watch it be an ear infection . . . after multiple ear infections (with no tubes put in). I wouldn't put it past them.

Their doctor in Arkansas is either really, really incompetent or really, really pissed off right now.

In one of the episodes that aired a couple of months back, there was a part where Michelle took Jose to a doctor and the doctor said something about her needing ear tubes at some point. I think the doctors they go to are competent but Boob and Mullet probably ignore things. Before Jordyn was born, there were rumors floating around about Michelle doctor shopping because she was disappointed with a few doctors telling her about the risks of having kids in her 40's.

I feel sorry for Josie, because it seems Boob and Mullet are going to ignore certain things for years to come. When it comes to education and if Josie has special needs she will be doomed.

This is absolutely ridiculous. My son was born full term (he was actually a week late) and in perfect health and at 11 months, I still won't take him on an airplane. Those things are petri dishes filled with all sorts of viruses and bacteria. I even try to keep him out of crowded places (malls, markets, festivals, sporting events, etc.) if I possibly can. No sense in exposing him to a possible cold that will just make us all miserable for a week. What the hell were Jim Bob and Michelle thinking taking a micropremie on an international flight to a country with different germs she's never been exposed to before? Those two are either not very bright or greedy, selfish media whores who care more about the almighty dollar than their daughter's well being. Neither one shows them in a good light. And this is the woman that wins numerous mother of the year awards? Hell, I'm a better mother than she is.

I think all of you are over-reacting. We don't even know if it's true that she is sick. It could be something very very simple. It is probably not life-threatening. I don't see the big deal here.

I think the reaction is to the fact that they took her at all. Schlepping a micropreemie with fragile health on an international jaunt is bad parenting. If she became ill because of it, that makes it all the worse for her, but it was a bad idea either way. A damn bad idea.

I can't believe TLC was okay with this. Or that they could have possibly overruled Jim Bob and Michelle and the doctors. What the fuck. What. the. FUCK.

I bet there's going to be some Super Special if whatever Josie has doesn't clear up quickly enough. I really hope it's something minor like the sniffles or an ear infection.

The following article details where the Duggars, minus Josie, Jill and Mullet, were on Saturday. The picture confirms their absence and the article briefly states that they are on their way home, which may or may not be true; that part of the article is quite vague, not even naming names. That alone makes me suspicious about what's being hidden.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/09/19_ ... count.html

And sadly, this "field trip" is the closest JD will ever come to being a pilot.

I can see this as a TLC special. Complete with both parents claiming it was a trial, but with God's help they survived.

"Woe is me, we are certainly under attack from Satan when we can't even drag a sick child across half the globe without an ear infection!"

I noticed that the older girls weren't wearing the blue jumpsuits but were in their regular clothes. That is sad.

I can see this as a TLC special. Complete with both parents claiming it was a trial, but with God's help they survived.

"Woe is me, we are certainly under attack from Satan when we can't even drag a sick child across half the globe without an ear infection!"

TOTALLY a VSE in the making complete with Boob and Mullet skypes and some crocodile tears on her part while Jill softly cries in the background. I think the crew left with the family, since the Habitat for Humanity house build is in conjunction with the TLC show Storm Chasers, and it appears the crew was also on hand for this field trip in Huntsville. Skype from Isreal it is.

As for the medical bills, I'm sure TLC will be picking up the tab for the Duggar's stupidity, so they won't learn ANYTHING from this. It'll just end up being another "miracle" unless Josie is seriously ill. Who knows, since I imagine this is the last of their taping for next season; they're talking about these episodes airing in February, so I think TLC will take a bit of a break from them until around the new year or thereabouts. The Today Show can handle any "announcements" that may come about in the interim.

I noticed that the older girls weren't wearing the blue jumpsuits but were in their regular clothes. That is sad.

Anna and Mackynzie are also blocked from view. wtf.

Anna and Mackynzie are also blocked from view. wtf.

Certainly you didn't expect Smuggar to stand in the back so his wife and daughter could be in the picture! Especially considering how manly and virile Joshie looks in that flight suit. :laughing-rollingred:

I know those random non-Duggar kids are friends of theirs, but did anyone else snarkily think that since Boob's missing a couple of his props...I mean children...that he called a few extras in so that it looks like a full house to anyone who just glances.

Archived