IGNORED

Duggar World Tour

Kitten

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I think both Duggar parents got their real estate licenses shortly after getting married. I think Michelle was as active at working as Jim Bob was, and I think that continued even after they drank to the Kool-aid until she really just had too many kids to do anything else. But that's ok in fundieland as long as her husband gives her permissions. It's like Anna working at the car lot. They're allowed to, and even required to work if it is supporting their husband's independent business and as long as he still has complete control of the money. I think they'd have a big problem with a woman picking up a part-time office job, but they really push men to have their own small businesses and the wife is expected to help in that if he tells her to. Some Patriarchal women, especially those that have lazier husbands, will even have their own home businesses of making jam or soap or little crafts and it's ok for them to do it as long as it's for the "right" reasons and they give all their money to their family.

In their first book Michelle talked about going out on tow truck runs for Jim Bob before it became too difficult with all the kids. Not as a full time job but more when JB couldn't due to other commitments.

Thanks for the info. I think I read about Michelle driving the tow truck on twop.

Actually, it would be Anna's sister Rebekah. Esther is a Dougie Devotee.

And Amy if you're reading this, I wish there was a smiley throwing up the middle finger in your arrogant face. What a see-you-next-Tuesday to exploit Josie like that.

How much money do you thing the Duggars make a year with the show and book deals? I'm curious..anyone know?

For the show it is hard to determine because cable and broadcast networks sometimes don't reveal how much reality show participants are paid. I think with TLC it was rumored that the people on their shows make $20,000 or more per episode.

With the books, someone here said that the Duggars make about %15 of each book sold. I think their first book sold close to 500,000 copies. They probably made some decent money from the first book and probably with the second book. The Duggars probably won't make mega bucks off their bucks in the same way that Laura Hillenbrand, Jon Kraukuer and Sebastian Junger have made in non-fiction book world. The Duggar books probably don't do well in audio book sales or in foreign translations. I don't think a lot of people would pay $20 or more to hear Michelle narrate in her little girl voice.

And Amy if you're reading this, I wish there was a smiley throwing up the middle finger in your arrogant face. What a see-you-next-Tuesday to exploit Josie like that.

:obscene-birdiered:

There is one actually, and it throws up TWO middle fingers.

Also, fuck Amy.

Got Anna's sisters confused again sorry about that. I bet Rebekah probably snarks on Amy's FB "fan" page and the Twitter account.

I hope Amy read these boards. Maybe she will realize the only reason people pay attention to her online is more because of her family and not necessarily her.

I feel the same way. That statement was just wrong. I could see Amy saying something like "Oh it will be on the show" or something like that. But saying "you'll have to see" is just wrong. It seems that the person asking her question was asking out of concern and Amy can't even give her a decent answer. Amy is a fame whore and she has said stupid things on Twitter and Facebook before but I think this might be the worst.

Wow, that was really disgusting of her!

For the show it is hard to determine because cable and broadcast networks sometimes don't reveal how much reality show participants are paid. I think with TLC it was rumored that the people on their shows make $20,000 or more per episode.

With the books, someone here said that the Duggars make about %15 of each book sold. I think their first book sold close to 500,000 copies. They probably made some decent money from the first book and probably with the second book. The Duggars probably won't make mega bucks off their bucks in the same way that Laura Hillenbrand, Jon Kraukuer and Sebastian Junger have made in non-fiction book world. The Duggar books probably don't do well in audio book sales or in foreign translations. I don't think a lot of people would pay $20 or more to hear Michelle narrate in her little girl voice.

*snort* Can you imagine? :confusion-helpsos:

:) If you have high speed internet. HGTV has full episodes of some of their shows available. I'm rather fond of "Color Splash"

I was about to mention that you can watch some episodes of HGTV shows online. HGTV is also bringing out a new magazine which is kinda funny when you think about it HGTV sprang from the old House and Garden. I have to think about whether or not to subscribe as I already subscribe to House Beautiful and I got a great subscription offer to Elle Decor yesterday.

There are now dueling tabloid reports. The National Enquirer claims that Josie was gravely ill.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebri ... s-backlash

TMZ claims that the Duggars and friends say that the whole thing was blown out of proportion, and that Josie "had cold symptoms" and went to the doctor to check it out. They have video of Josie walking and happy a couple days later.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/28/duggar-19 ... oSHiutZGaA

There are now dueling tabloid reports. The National Enquirer claims that Josie was gravely ill.

TMZ claims that the Duggars and friends say that the whole thing was blown out of proportion, and that Josie "had cold symptoms" and went to the doctor to check it out. They have video of Josie walking and happy a couple days later.

Could you by any chance put the first article in a quote? The page isn't available outside the US so I can only see the fake story.

There's no 'proof' in a video that could easily be weeks or months old.

Here ya go:

America’s most prolific clan The DUGGARS under fire as baby Josie faces grim prognosis, The ENQUIRER has learned.

Friends of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar fear the su­per-size family’s whirlwind lifestyle is putting the tini­est Duggar at risk after the couple’s youngest daughter fell ill in Israel during a three-week overseas trip.

The Arkansas-based, evangelical Christian family – dad Jim Bob, mom Michelle and their massive brood – were overseas filming their TLC reality show “19 Kids and Counting†when 21-month-old Josie was rushed to a local pediatrician’s office.

The child’s oxygen levels had spiraled down, revealed a family insider.

Doctors prohibited Josie – who’d been born prematurely, weighing just 1 pound, 6 ounces – from fly­ing back to the States until she recovered. That forced mom Mi­chelle and older sister Jill to re­main with her in Israel for nearly a week while the rest of the family traveled to Alabama for a commitment with Habitat for Humanity.

“Josie has had serious breathing issues since her premature birth,†divulged the insider. “While the Duggars are a loving family who adore their children, they are defi­nitely risking Josie’s life by traveling all over the world.

“It seems like they are putting the show before their child’s health.â€

When contacted by The ENQUIR­ER, Jim Bob claimed Josie was treat­ed for “cold symptoms†and was expected to make a full recovery.

Still, the insider added: “Jim Bob and Michelle need to put their chil­dren first, before media attention and money.â€

It's no surprise to see Michelle acting more like the grandma or friend in that video, while it is Jill who is holding Josie's hand, then hurrying to catch up with her when it looks like she might take a tumble, reaching out to stop her from going to far, etc. Michele is merely there to keep Josie and her de facto mama company.

As to the National Enquirer, they have been known to get stories right on a number of occasions. I could certainly believe that Josie's oxygen levels plummeted and that's why she could not return home with the rest of the family. It would only be under the most severe of circumstances that JB would not insist the entire family travel together in order to further pimp out his greatness as father of 19, count 'em! children.

Well, not that I'm prepared to believe the Enquirer without proof, but everything in this story could be true. JB says Josie was treated for cold symptoms, which could very well be the case, but those may have caused her oxygen levels to decrease as well. People are often put on oxygen for bad cold, flu or pneumonia symptoms, even adults.

That being said, decreased oxygen levels are a pretty nonspecific symptom, honestly, and something that could be blown out of proportion when it wasn't that bad. The "insider" doesn't seem to be saying anything more than we have speculated about on this thread, so I wouldn't be surprised if this person doesn't really know the family. Or it could be Amy :lol:

Who is the poor child falling on the ground in the photo in NE article? JB and Michelle don't even seem to notice.

ETA: Michelle is glancing down at her but JB is smiling for the camera like nothing is happening.

Guest Anonymous

I can't believe the Duggars took that baby to Israel. Michelle is lax in protecting that babys health. Jill must be Josies buddy that takes care of Josie now. I just think the whole thing is disgusting..

I have no idea how sick Josie really was. It's clear she was quite ill, but the "on death's door" implications may be exaggerated. However that video on TMZ appears to be pure spin control. Why else would you go out of the way to film a toddler just walking in park?

But as Amy Duggar advised, I guess we'll "just have to wait and see!" when the "Baby in Peril" episode airs. :(

Amy Rachelle Duggar

I cannot say anything . I'm not allowed to. I cannot talk ab our trips or anything --- all I'm saying is it becomes an episode and will explain everything I can't help the rumors and no we are not using Josie for ratings. she is a big part of the upcoming season though . we are a family a loving happy family that just happens to be on tv. it hasn't changed who we are! not everyone is gonna like the show! You can't please everybody!

Amy Rachelle Duggar

So Reema my comment wasn't stupid at all. God Bless:)

"I can't help the rumors and no we are not using Josie for ratings. she is a big part of the upcoming season though".

I can't even snark on this.

:angry-screaming:

I believe the National Enquirer before TMZ- National Enquirer broke the John Edwards story, TMZ just reads press releases.

I can't believe they are pimping a permie's illness for TV ratings, this is just another reason not to watch them. Sad excuse for parents yes I am talking to Boob and Mullet.

Archived