IGNORED

Mississippi's 'Personhood' Law Could Outlaw Birth Control

Shoobydoo

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the hell do you privatize welfare??? It's not something that turns a profit.

Maybe Jericho would enjoy seeking a production of Les Miserables? Especially the part where Fantine loses her job after being sexually harassed for having a child out of wedlock, turns to prostitution to survive and then dies, leaving her daughter an orphan?

I by no means mean to trivialize your situation. But you are asking me a tough questions and you want an answer so I will give you one. I believe it is God's place to decide when a a life should end, not man. The only similarity of drowning an 11 year old and what you did is that I would consider them both murder. Not the same form of murder, but murder none the less. If abortion was illegal I would constitute your situation with murder charges. There, you got me to say it, and say what you will about me, but I do not hate you. I hate what you did because that child was not given a chance. I have heard story after story from mothers who were told there was no hope, but then a miracle happened. The child does not always live an absolutely normal life, but God has a plan for that life none the less.

Wow. At least you were finally honest, which is more than I can say for most of your cohorts.

So treemom should be imprisoned for murder because she conceived a baby which, if delivered at term and lived at all, life would be agonizing, and she chose to do the most loving thing possible and not allow that to occur. . . a decision that was beyond most people's comprehension in its own agony.

Well, as I say often, when we peel back all the family-values-sugar-coating from people like you, we get to see the real nasty underneath. Your view betrays what a disgusting person you are, and I still wouldn't wish on you the pain that treemom had to face.

I have a feeling that Jericho views children as blessings whose lives need to be protected right up till they are born. After that they can go work in the poor house and die young.

I get the feeling she is against welfare. She thinks that her abstinence education and some stained baby clothes are enough to raise a child for 18 years.

Jericho, you never addressed my situation. Married family, found out we were expecting our 5th baby the week my husband was laid off. I work full time and earn $1600 per month before taxes/FICA/etc are taken out. The only way we survive is a subsidized apartment that keeps my rent down to $920/month and food stamps that give me $400 per month for 7 people. You are against all that, right? Families like mine should just starve I guess?

eta: You are going to tell me to give up cable, lottery tickets and manicures, right? :lol:

I love how all these government-is-evil-and-should-barely-exist people don't have a single problem with the government all up in our uteri. Is there a more intrustive way that government could possibly interfere? I can't think of one.

Emmie if you just wouldn't spoil your kids and instead sent them out into the streets to work you would be just fine!

Guest Anonymous

Just for funsies:

viewtopic.php?p=33128#p33128

I'm a Christian, but I'm far from a fundie. But like many on here, they do interest me.

I by no means mean to trivialize your situation. But you are asking me a tough questions and you want an answer so I will give you one. I believe it is God's place to decide when a a life should end, not man. The only similarity of drowning an 11 year old and what you did is that I would consider them both murder. Not the same form of murder, but murder none the less. If abortion was illegal I would constitute your situation with murder charges. There, you got me to say it, and say what you will about me, but I do not hate you. I hate what you did because that child was not given a chance. I have heard story after story from mothers who were told there was no hope, but then a miracle happened. The child does not always live an absolutely normal life, but God has a plan for that life none the less.

Sings the "One of these things is not like another" song. Congratulations, jericho! Please step to the right (ha!) and join your fundie compatriots.

You are a more gracious person than I am, because I am really fucking offended.

Seriously. I've never been in the position you were in treemom, but I find jericho (and those that think like him/her) to be an absolute disgusting waste of a person. I have plenty of pro-life/anti-choice friends, but I've never come across someone with such a lack of compassion. Condemning a baby to suffer extreme unnecessary pain seems a ridiculous price to pay for a "life is so sacred" ideal.

Seriously, this disturbs me almost as much as the PSU shit that's all over the news. I hope this quack is never able to make important decisions that affect others.

Emmie if you just wouldn't spoil your kids and instead sent them out into the streets to work you would be just fine!

I know, children are so lazy, spoiled and selfish nowadays. Isn't that what Jericho called it?

My daughter actually has been busking occasionally outside the symphony because she needs/wants a very expensive concert violin. We go with her, bought the appropriate permit, etc. So she probably is technically a beggar. Oh, those lazy entitled welfare families.

I get the feeling she is against welfare. She thinks that her abstinence education and some stained baby clothes are enough to raise a child for 18 years.

Jericho, you never addressed my situation. Married family, found out we were expecting our 5th baby the week my husband was laid off. I work full time and earn $1600 per month before taxes/FICA/etc are taken out. The only way we survive is a subsidized apartment that keeps my rent down to $920/month and food stamps that give me $400 per month for 7 people. You are against all that, right? Families like mine should just starve I guess?

eta: You are going to tell me to give up cable, lottery tickets and manicures, right? :lol:

I'm guessing jericho is going to come up with some "well, if the Government were more efficient they wouldn't have to take so much in taxes and then private charities would help you more!" BS that makes absolutely no sense.

You can keep cable. But manicures are just plain frivolous.

You are a more gracious person than I am, because I am really fucking offended.

So am I. I'm mad because a) I'm pro-choice b) That would suggest that my wonderful mum has done something evil. My mother had an abortion in her early 20s. She had to take care of her sweet, intelligent but mentally ill sister for 10 years (until her sister married). My mother's other sister, who was selfish, had a child which she neglected. My mum was busy taking care of other people; both her mentally ill sister and her neglected niece. She could not have handled a child of her own. The whole family at 6 people lived in 2 rooms. They were poor. My mum thought that having a child at that point would be selfish. It wasn't until she turned 30 and left Poland to start her own life, she had her own children. She took her niece with her to Sweden... Anyway, I know that my mother's decisions led to a better life for all people involved. I'm proud of my mum.

Edit. riffles

Great question! If it is okay to force women to continue pregnancies to save a life, then it should be okay to force organ donations to save a life.

I can only assume Jericho's refusal to state that the living conditions of poor children in the early 1900's were horrible means he thinks they are okay and it horrifies me that people in this day and age feel that way.

There were poor living conditions in the early 1900's. It was not okay its great that we have modern conveniences and protective laws to live better now. There are you happy?

There were poor living conditions in the early 1900's. It was not okay its great that we have modern conveniences and protective laws to live better now. There are you happy?

Nope. Why did you say that was the time period that proved your point private programs worked better and that you would send a single mother back to that time? Obviously that time period and the conditions of poor children prove that small, hands off government doesn't work and that private programs didn't work as well.

There are places in the USA, right at this moment, where we allow people to continue to live in early 1900s conditions. Have you ever been to the poorest parts of Appalchaia, to name one? It's awful, third world conditions. Not every poor person has a roof, indoor plumbing, potable water and electricity.

So why do you want to remove the government aid that protects the poor from living that way?

So she doesn't have to pay taxes. So she doesn't have to pay for their high-end, fancy lives anymore.

I would love to go on Wife Swap and trade lives with one of these anti-welfare fundies. Come live my life for a day, honey. It will be a serious paradigm shift.

I don't actually have cable or get manicures, btw. I don't want Jericho to misunderstand what I said earlier. My only real luxury is internet, but I need it to work and go to college from home.

So why do you want to remove the government aid that protects the poor from living that way?

Your assumption is that its the government entirely that prevents people from living that way.

Here is the thing...I wasn't told no hope...I SAW NO HOPE. You clearly didn't read my story. It wasn't about a normal life. It was about being compassionate.

I think you are a shithead because you think those two things are the same and I really don't care if you hate me or not. I want you to be honest with yourself and others about what you really want. You want to put women like me into jail with people who kill children. You see that as the same.

Your assumption is that its the government entirely that prevents people from living that way.

Because it pretty much is the government. Those private organizations were around in the 1900's, and you acknowledge that life was pretty sucky back then for the poor.

eta: in my family's case, and in the case of every poor family I know, the government is the sole reason we have food and shelter. Despite working full time.

Archived