IGNORED

TWOP Howard strikes again!

donks

I hate Gary Zwicke a.k.a. Howard with a fiery passion. He closed the Duggar thread for no fucking reason at all. He treats TWoP posters like schoolchildren. He is a dick of the first order.

His personal website is the most laughably arrogant and pitiful thing I've ever seen.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate Gary Zwicke a.k.a. Howard with a fiery passion. He closed the Duggar thread for no fucking reason at all. He treats TWoP posters like schoolchildren. He is a dick of the first order.

His personal website is the most laughably arrogant and pitiful thing I've ever seen.

He kicked me out because I was off topic after a few posts. I don't regret it for a sec.

No ugly bored creep is going to scold me or correct me. Elementary school reruns? No spank you.

From Howard's website:

I'm looking for Friends who consider Courtesy and Kindness two of their Top Values.

Courtesy and Kindness, of all things?! I seriously don't even know what to say.

He is not looking for friends since friends are equal. He is way too dominant to have friends. He is looking for doormats to kick around, scold, lecture. I might be wrong but that's what I think about Big Gulp and 7-11 taco roll Howard.

Hmm...and I think it's the laziest form of criticizm there is to attack a person for their looks and/or weight. Those things have no bearing on their actions, which is where the real criticizm should be directed.

I mostly just lurk on FJ these days, but lately it has become rampant to attack people for their looks. I get so sick of reading about that when there are so many things these people do that are truly dangerous to society. Stop worrying about Smuggar's waistline and start trying some critical analysis of what the impact of his fame is. In my opinion, it does nothing to help the anti-fundie argument to spend so much time attacking such superficial issues.

I realize this Howard person isn't a fundie, but the same thing applies. You really think the best way to deal with someone who is acting like that is to call him fat and ugly? It sounds like what 13 year-olds do. Try giving it real thought and come up with a strong, cogent argument against his behavior instead.

I'd hate to see FJ degenerate into a name-calling popularity contest.

I think the difference with Josh is he posts pictures of freaking unhealthy food on his Instagram almost every single day. Although I do think the nutrition thing is definitely a criticism of the fundie lifestyle. Yikes. Although I think he's just messing with the internets at this point.

TWoP Howard... There is so much more to complain about this person than their weight. But I'm still confused if Howard is a male or female, or male trying to pretend to be female because he's ashamed to admit he watches Say Yes to the Dress. What is it TWoP Howard? You can tell me!

But I'm still confused if Howard is a male or female, or male trying to pretend to be female because he's ashamed to admit he watches Say Yes to the Dress. What is it TWoP Howard? You can tell me!

He's definitely male. At one point he was trying to pretend to be female, if only to mess with the TWOPers he so deplores. That's why a lot of people think he's female.

Actually, there are plenty of very talented choreographers who are physically unable to demonstrate things. That's why there are instructors and why there are dance terms to communicate what they should be doing.

I don't think it should be a banned topic, but I do agree it was beaten to death. Abby has a lot of negative characteristics. Fat shaming her just seems a bit over the top especially when no, it doesn't matter.

I agree, for the most part. A lot of former dancers gain a lot of weight after they stop, especially people who were ballet dancers and have ruined their feet. It certainly doesn't stop them from choreographing. I also think fat-shaming is not needed and doesn't add to the discussion. There were far too many posts that talked about her weight just for the sake of commenting on it.

However, I think the posts questioning her effectiveness as an instructor because of a number of factors - her lack of mobility being one of them, the fact she appears to have opened her studio at the age of fourteen and has never been a top tier performer herself being another - are absolutely relevant, as long as the only issue with her choreographing isn't her weight. As you said, even if the discussion was getting repetitive, it shouldn't be grounds for banning it.

It seems like all the shows that I watch with threads on TWOP are moderated by Howard, which is why I barely ever post.

Howard just got flamed in the Suggestion Box thread.

Get rid of the bitch known as Howard! Who is she sucking to be a mod? She is anal retentive, edits your posts for punctuation and is just a general, miserable person!!

This was said by a poster.

Pembleton banned me for agreeing with the post. I think they get sick of the Howard bashing. I rejoined the next day with a different email.

I have been thinking about this, and while I know we snark hard on Howard and all the mods, there is a piece that none of us have really talked about - Bravo/Universal NBC. The truly sucktastic modding did not come along until after that point. It is entirely possible that some of the behaviors we are seeing are a direct result of internal policies coming down from above on modding.

Pembleton banned me for agreeing with the post. I think they get sick of the Howard bashing. I rejoined the next day with a different email.

Aw, that disappoints me, Pembleton's always been the best mod over there.

Alecto, I would agree on the policy thing if they weren't so damned arbitrary on what they decide to enforce.

Hmm...and I think it's the laziest form of criticizm there is to attack a person for their looks and/or weight. Those things have no bearing on their actions, which is where the real criticizm should be directed.

I mostly just lurk on FJ these days, but lately it has become rampant to attack people for their looks. I get so sick of reading about that when there are so many things these people do that are truly dangerous to society. Stop worrying about Smuggar's waistline and start trying some critical analysis of what the impact of his fame is. In my opinion, it does nothing to help the anti-fundie argument to spend so much time attacking such superficial issues.

I realize this Howard person isn't a fundie, but the same thing applies. You really think the best way to deal with someone who is acting like that is to call him fat and ugly? It sounds like what 13 year-olds do. Try giving it real thought and come up with a strong, cogent argument against his behavior instead.

I'd hate to see FJ degenerate into a name-calling popularity contest.

Deelaem, I've missed your posts and am glad to see you are back to posting again. I am hoping this continues. I also have to agree with pretty much everything you just said.

I have been thinking about this, and while I know we snark hard on Howard and all the mods, there is a piece that none of us have really talked about - Bravo/Universal NBC. The truly sucktastic modding did not come along until after that point. It is entirely possible that some of the behaviors we are seeing are a direct result of internal policies coming down from above on modding.

I do think that is possible, but the twop boards are a bit weird, because rules don't always get enforced on certain threads.

I post on the GH thread there because there really isn't another fairly mature place to post about that dumb soap opera. The GH thread there got to be almost 11k pages without any mod interference until Howard became a mod. All of a sudden were were getting edited, and basically yelled at. I think that since Howard was a new mod, he was trying to use all the power that he had.

After a while of being annoying, Howard decided to leave us alone.

The funny thing is that the Sandra Lee thread seems to have no rules and is completely unmoderated. I do not understand why but it is a fun place to visit.

After a while of being annoying, Howard decided to leave us alone.

The funny thing is that the Sandra Lee thread seems to have no rules and is completely unmoderated. I do not understand why but it is a fun place to visit.

I haven't checked out that thread. The threads that I know go unmoderated are sometimes the reality shows that aren't extremely popular that are sometimes in the "other candid reality shows" categories. I mentioned the Dirty Soap thread in previous posts. It is surprising that Howard hasn't snipped anything there, especially since some of the posters on that thread are probably enemies of his from the GH thread. On the DS thread, people discussed real time events mainly Kirsten Storms' illness and the fact that she stopped filming for the show earlier than the rest of the participants. People also discussed JP Lavoiser's mom's online activities and one poster mentioned the swinger and gay rumors about Brandom Beemer. There are only about 30 some pages in the DS thread, that show didn't get high ratings, but it was renewed for a second season that will start in March. I have a bad feeling more moderating might happen in that thread once season 2 starts.

The one thread that will probably never really be moderated is the True Life thread. True Life is the documentary series on MTV that covers different topics and participants in each episode. The posters on that thread dug up a lot of dirt on some of the people who have appeared in episodes and the mods seem ok with people posting links for FB, MySpace, and blog profiles.

I think I disagree with this. I got banned for starting a post with "Um" long before Bravo bought out the place, and warned for something else ridiculous. Even then people were complaining about the overly strict mods. I don't think I've posted since they were bought.

I think they always modded like dicks, it's just more obvious now because there are more posters overall, so more posters being banned or warned for trivialities (although the actual ratio of banned/warned posters hasn't changed).

Guest Anonymous

I love this thread. I originally found freejinger by searching "twop howard sucks." I used to post on TWoP all the time, and now maybe visit once a month.

I love this thread. I originally found freejinger by searching "twop howard sucks." I used to post on TWoP all the time, and now maybe visit once a month.

I found this site the same way! And I noticed he just "shut down" the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills forum with his usual condescending snottiness, then opened it again after about 15 minutes.

Archived