IGNORED

TWOP Howard strikes again!

donks

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once got a warning because I wasn't using 'proper punctuation'. With English not being my first language, I still don't know what I did wrong. Didn't really matter in the end, because that account got banned during the big House MD poster exodus from a few years ago. I got myself a new account(with 3 warnings on it currently) to discuss American Idol and Glee. The Mod at the Glee part of the board is ridiculous as well.

sorry, what show are you referring to here?

The Nancy Grace Show on Headline News. She is a crime reporter of sorts.

I'm surprised I haven't managed to get a single warning at TWoP yet. Watch that I've said it and I'll accumulate enough to get banned within the next 3 days. :dance:

I find the rules are unevenly enforced. In the Dancing With the Stars forum you aren't supposed to post lists. Yet there is one person this season that every performance episode posts a list about what s/he thought was right and wrong about each performance, giving a score and why the judges were right/wrong. It's very annoying and this is the first season this person has done it despite being a regular poster since 2008.

I also find it fascinating that you can discuss current events in the Duggar and Karda$hian thread but other threads like the Teen Mom thread get locked.

But anything goes in the Sandra Lee threads; the mods must really hate her. I have never seen a thread as unmoderated as the Semi-Homemade one. But it is a giggle fest.

TWOP Howard closed the thread for The Glee Project because people were talking about the winners' appearances on Glee. TWIT Howard said the thread will only be reopened if there is a Glee Project season 2. Some people are probably pissed.

I'm surprised I haven't managed to get a single warning at TWoP yet. Watch that I've said it and I'll accumulate enough to get banned within the next 3 days. :dance:

I find the rules are unevenly enforced. In the Dancing With the Stars forum you aren't supposed to post lists. Yet there is one person this season that every performance episode posts a list about what s/he thought was right and wrong about each performance, giving a score and why the judges were right/wrong. It's very annoying and this is the first season this person has done it despite being a regular poster since 2008.

I also find it fascinating that you can discuss current events in the Duggar and Karda$hian thread but other threads like the Teen Mom thread get locked.

That really pisses me off. If they are going to enforce no current events on the Teen Mom thread, they should be doing it on other threads. Another thread that they are allowing people to discuss current events is the Dirty Soap thread.

I don't read TWOP (I did pop in on occasion before it became corporate). Here's my question:

What is the overall principle that encourages and motivates them to moderate so severely? Is it a corporate image thing? Do they want it to be a historical record of what people said about the shows? What is it? Surely it's not just a power trip. There must be some principle motivation, which then gets applied in all these awful ways. What is that principle/set of principles?

I think a lot of them are on a power trip. I also think(but am not sure) that it's a paid job since the Bravo take over. The Mod who took over the House forum after the take over had never even seen an episode.

I don't read TWOP (I did pop in on occasion before it became corporate). Here's my question:

What is the overall principle that encourages and motivates them to moderate so severely? Is it a corporate image thing? Do they want it to be a historical record of what people said about the shows? What is it? Surely it's not just a power trip. There must be some principle motivation, which then gets applied in all these awful ways. What is that principle/set of principles?

I wonder about why they moderate severely all the time. i first started posting on twop in 2008, I believe it went corporate before that, but I'm not sure. Several months ago, I stumbled onto a site in which people discussed twop and a couple of them were twop users before it went corporate. They said before it went corporate, twop wasn't too strict. I can't remember the board/site. There is a site that is y devoted to talking about twop and why people think it sucks. It is this site

bitterbutbrilliant.rapidboards.com/index.php?showforum=27

This site isn't taking registrations now. But I read part of a thread there in which the users talk about twop posters that annoy them and I recognized a few people that they were discussing and I saw some Howard bashing posts there too.

I have seen bloggers discuss their dislike for twop and sometimes on IMDB people will mention twop and the issues they have had with mods.

I've lurked/posted there since before the MBTV changeover and they were never not dicks about modding. You used to get admonished by Sars/Glark/Wing Chun directly but that was about the only difference!

I don't mind that they keep a tight ship. That can be good. What I DO mind is how they talk to people who post like they were bad nursery school students. It's seriously condescending. Just say 'don't do that.' Don't tell me why I'm a bad, bad girl and you have your eye on me! Jeebus. I rarely post there anymore. It's annoying as f**k. They're on such a power trip.

BTW, it's totally easy to start a new account after being banned. Just open a phony Yahoo account on something. They don't check your IP address. Banning = meaningless.

I think a lot of them are on a power trip. I also think(but am not sure) that it's a paid job since the Bravo take over. The Mod who took over the House forum after the take over had never even seen an episode.

I can about guarantee it is a paid gig now. It's a legal thing.

I can understand rules, and that rules must be followed even if you don't like them because you do agree to them when you register. My problem comes with the way said rules are enforced over there, with over-the-top rudeness and condescension and no uniformity. I really hate the boards on boards rule. In some places it gets really bad and no one does anything, and in others a mere starter of "I'm glad others here ____" will get you a shitty warning. I still don't fully understand the rule and if anything at all mentioning other posters is acceptable because of the way it is and isn't enforced. And it's difficult to navigate over there to find what you need when you are unsure.

I just don't know what purpose it serves to have such a terrible reputation? It is a puzzle to me.

TWOP and the mods might not be aware of the terrible reputation even though many people have complained on different sites and they maybe don't know about the forum dedicated to talking trash about twop.

Some people like TWOP because part of the purpose is skewering TV shows and TWOP doesn't censor profanity.

On the QVC forum, the hosts were the main topic of snarking and the glark kept finger wagging and deleting about ONLY discussing the shows, NOT the hosts. I got banned after pointing out how utterly stoopid this "rule" was, as people were FINDING twop by googling the hosts names. This was at least 8 years ago, they have always been terrible.

I was a member of TWOP long before the takeover and the modding was always strict. However the recaps were fewer and better quality (in my opinion) and so I thought it was worth it. Now, not so much. I only go there occasionally to read some forums (Big Brother and Amazing Race) and old recaps (The Seventh Heaven ones are fucking hysterical).

I was a member of TWOP long before the takeover and the modding was always strict. However the recaps were fewer and better quality (in my opinion) and so I thought it was worth it. Now, not so much. I only go there occasionally to read some forums (Big Brother and Amazing Race) and old recaps (The Seventh Heaven ones are fucking hysterical).

I remember those recaps, they were great to read.

What I find annoying is that people report other posters. I do not understand that snitch mentality.

Twop Howard has struck again by closing the Kardashian thread: Since the discussion is no longer about the show, but gossip about the Karsashians, I’m closing the thread. Please PM me when new episodes begin airing.

So we're allowed to discuss Kim's marriage but not the divorce now. Hmm... TWOP Howard blows.

Gadget isn't much better. He/she closed the Glee spoiler thread because of the amount of work it takes and has no intentions to open it again. A lot of posters have protested it but to no avail and a bunch of them have relocated elsewhere. I thought the point of a site like that is to get hits, but I guess I was wrong.

Gadget isn't much better. He/she closed the Glee spoiler thread because of the amount of work it takes and has no intentions to open it again. A lot of posters have protested it but to no avail and a bunch of them have relocated elsewhere. I thought the point of a site like that is to get hits, but I guess I was wrong.

I saw that and I was a bit pissed. I liked talking about the spoilers with those posters. I think the posters that were active on that thread will move on and some of them do post on gleeforum and IMDB.

I think Howard and Gadget are the worst.

The Community thread has been going nuts since the announcement that the show is being benched at midseason. TWIT Howard posted this:

Just a couple of reminders: when talking about ratings, please don’t drift into trying to analyze the audience, or predict what people are going to watch and why. That’s boards on boards because it’s not about the show, and because you all are part of the audience.

I thought "boards on boards" meant discussing other posters on this specific BOARD, or what people are saying on the BOARDS of other websites. How can it be "boards on boards" without a 2nd board?

The Community thread has been going nuts since the announcement that the show is being benched at midseason. TWIT Howard posted this:

I thought "boards on boards" meant discussing other posters on this specific BOARD, or what people are saying on the BOARDS of other websites. How can it be "boards on boards" without a 2nd board?

TTWIT Howard and the other mods aren't always consistent on certain rules. I have seen people mention other boards on certain threads and those posts never get snipped.

I do read occasionally read the Community thread and I remember someone on IMDB said that they hated posting on twop because posts about personal community college experiences sometimes got snipped.

TWaT Howard is a moron.

FWIW, I'm "Pauline Fowler" over yonder; it's about my 5th username (Brits should recognize the character reference). You guys wouldn't believe how many PM's I got when I hinted, but couldn't get too specific about Suze Keller. The only peeps who DIDN'T PM me post here. :mrgreen:

Archived