IGNORED

TWOP Howard strikes again!

donks

Considering that the following plot from the West Wing derived from Aaron Sorkin's interactions on an earlier iteration of TWOP, I thought it was worth posting for the LULZ.

Josh: Seems to be a very unusual social structure…for instance, there’s a leader who seems to pride herself on her organizational skills and a certain amount of discipline…

Donna: Right, that’s what’s called a “control freak."

Josh: She does seem to do an awful lot of scolding: “You posted in the wrong place… Stay on topic, people… Don’t use capital letters… I don’t have time to tell you twice†when clearly she does have time to tell us twice.

AAB858elJOw

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me forever to figure that one out. It's supposed to mean, you can't talk about other posters or the board itself within your entries. For example, you can't say, "Everyone here is so mean, why are there 50 pages of people who hate christians here?" or something like that. However, Howard (and probably some of the others) use it as an excuse to snip whatever posts they want.

It also took me awhile to figure that one out too. I think that rule is pretty dumb and Howard does love using it as an excuse to snip things.

Considering that the following plot from the West Wing derived from Aaron Sorkin's interactions on an earlier iteration of TWOP, I thought it was worth posting for the LULZ.

Josh: Seems to be a very unusual social structure…for instance, there’s a leader who seems to pride herself on her organizational skills and a certain amount of discipline…

Donna: Right, that’s what’s called a “control freak."

Josh: She does seem to do an awful lot of scolding: “You posted in the wrong place… Stay on topic, people… Don’t use capital letters… I don’t have time to tell you twice†when clearly she does have time to tell us twice.

AAB858elJOw

OH, how I miss the WW.

I have some news: Howard is no longer the mod for 19KAC. It's Gadget now.

When I found out about the Jubilee VSE, I sent Howard a message, telling him about the upcoming episode, on Valentine's Day, no less, and the considerable snark factor. He responded that he would forward my message to Gadget, who took over the forum.

I know a lot of people here hate TWOP, but I do enjoy reading the posts of some of the regulars. The upcoming VSE, questionable and horrible as it may be, will provide some classic snark.

I like reading there too. It's the only place where there is any significant discussion of Say Yes to the Dress and other wedding shows.

I just don't like Howard.

I have some news: Howard is no longer the mod for 19KAC. It's Gadget now.

When I found out about the Jubilee VSE, I sent Howard a message, telling him about the upcoming episode, on Valentine's Day, no less, and the considerable snark factor. He responded that he would forward my message to Gadget, who took over the forum.

I know a lot of people here hate TWOP, but I do enjoy reading the posts of some of the regulars. The upcoming VSE, questionable and horrible as it may be, will provide some classic snark.

I do enjoy reading the posts too. Some of the posters on the 19KAC thread do post here but most twopers snark on the Duggars. Gadget is just as bad as Howard though, so I can he or she flipping out over little things.

I hate Howard the most in the Big Brother thread, I hate when he snips in the live discussion thread because I always want to know what I missed.

Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

I miss BB so much. I found FJ and it is my "fix" until the summer. I can't wait. Have you tried jokers?

I miss BB so much. I found FJ and it is my "fix" until the summer. I can't wait. Have you tried jokers?

Oh you mean crack? Yea I'm addicted. I'd think it just peachy if there was like always a big brother running :dance:

I also love BBDish and I know theirs a 3rd I found this past summer.

I'm pumped for summer without Rachel, thought I could see her becoming the new pandoras box like Jesse.

Brenchel is going to be on the Amazing Race.

I hated Rachel her first season but without Bookie Bear around I started to like her.

I also second Joker's Updates rather than TWoP. I used to read RealityBBQ but no one posts there anymore.

Oh you mean crack? Yea I'm addicted. I'd think it just peachy if there was like always a big brother running :dance:

I also love BBDish and I know theirs a 3rd I found this past summer.

I'm pumped for summer without Rachel, thought I could see her becoming the new pandoras box like Jesse.

Rachel and Brendon have infected my beloved Amazing Race. Not cool, CBS. Not cool. I hang at Hamster Time.

ETA: While TWoP has always been strict (I posted back in the MBTV days), the old owners allowed one thing that I really miss, which is that you could talk about real life intersecting with the shows. So, for instance, it would not have been verbotten in those days to research the Duggars connections with College Minus and then post about them. Now, you can literally only talk about what happens on your tv screen, which is just silly with many reality shows and really hampers part of what I liked about TWoP -- the "investigative journalism" about the difference between reality and what you see on television. Also, the mods did not play such obvious favorites.

Rachel and Brendon have infected my beloved Amazing Race. Not cool, CBS. Not cool. I hang at Hamster Time.

ETA: While TWoP has always been strict (I posted back in the MBTV days), the old owners allowed one thing that I really miss, which is that you could talk about real life intersecting with the shows. So, for instance, it would not have been verbotten in those days to research the Duggars connections with College Minus and then post about them. Now, you can literally only talk about what happens on your tv screen, which is just silly with many reality shows and really hampers part of what I liked about TWoP -- the "investigative journalism" about the difference between reality and what you see on television. Also, the mods did not play such obvious favorites.

I want to say the big one was Jeff and Dumbledor-gate. He snipped that so often when it would come up in show discussions. Thank gawd I don't watch American Race. Though I do agree Rachel was so much better alone. Adam was my absolute least favorite, I have just a red hot rage hate about him.

I think only being able to talk about what happens on the shows is sort of makes it hard to post on TWOP. But the TWOP cherry pick which reality show threads to enforce rules on though. Before Howard closed down the 19KAC thread, there were some mentions of College Minus that didn't get snipped. The Teen Mom thread is pretty strict because discussion about Amber's legal troubles weren't allowed. On the Girls Next Door thread, real time incident discussions were allowed.

I read the Teen Mom 2 thread on TWOP and gawd Howard (I never knew before reading this thread that it was a woman) is obnoxious with the snips and yadayada. Now Gadget took it over and has shut it down twice. So obnoxious. I don't get how people can put so much effort into being mods of a frickin forum. I also never knew before this thread that posting during a show was against the rules. That doesn't even make sense!

I read the Teen Mom 2 thread on TWOP and gawd Howard (I never knew before reading this thread that it was a woman) is obnoxious with the snips and yadayada. Now Gadget took it over and has shut it down twice. So obnoxious. I don't get how people can put so much effort into being mods of a frickin forum. I also never knew before this thread that posting during a show was against the rules. That doesn't even make sense!

For the umpteenth time.... Howard is a MAN!!!

I can sort of understand the posting during a show airing rule for shows that air on broadcast networks. But for cable shows, I think posting should be allowed during the show.

He closed the RHOBH thread YET AGAIN with the below, assy comment and threat:

I’m closing the thread since so many of you are ignoring the rules about what’s on topic here. The subject is what you have seen on the show. Not Twitter feeds, not blogs that aren’t on the Bravo site, not some news article you’ve read elsewhere. The show.

It will be back open for Monday’s show, but if this happens again, I’ll close it for the season.

He closed the RHOBH thread YET AGAIN with the below, assy comment and threat:

I don't get that. RHOBH is a Bravo show, Bravo owns TWOP wouldn't you want more traffic and posts? It seems more like the mods over there are lazy and instead of doing their job and being mods they just close shit down. Which decreases traffic to their a site. I've never understood that.

It was closed again a couple of days ago. Because people were still discussing the same topic for a few days. Which? I'm not sure why that's a problem. He does seem to take his modding very seriously. I don't think he has much else in his life...

I can sort of understand the posting during a show airing rule for shows that air on broadcast networks. But for cable shows, I think posting should be allowed during the show.

Actually, I hate most of TWOP rules except this one. Because people will post: OMG did you see what just happened! I can't believe it.

And leave it at that, which makes you go "WTFBBQ?!!!!" when you read the thread a day, week, year later...

It was closed again a couple of days ago. Because people were still discussing the same topic for a few days. Which? I'm not sure why that's a problem. He does seem to take his modding very seriously. I don't think he has much else in his life...

In all fairness, I do believe it's an actual job for him.

They get paid for being asses? Sure explains a lot. I wonder if they have quotas on how many posts to snip.

He said on his crappy-ass personal website that he was a systems engineer or something. But maybe once TWOP was acquired by Bravo they started paying him enough to do that instead. I'm surprised none of his higher-ups realize what a heavyhanded idiot he is...even relative to the other Twop mods.

I've only really had one run-in with him. In general I'm extremely careful what I say. But he is incredibly over-zealous on the RHBH thread. He snips and rants and generally throws his weight around to an abnormally high degree. Reminds me of the days of Miss Alli when you were either for her or against her and if you disagreed with her you were gonna get banned no matter what you said or how carefully you said it. The problem is with the 'boards on boards' rule which is so amorphous that it can be interpreted any way you want. So you may or may not get dinged for saying you are on so-and-so's 'love train'. Some he's snipped for b/on/b. Some he's allowed through.

A few days ago a poster really blew up at him and a few other posters basically said 'way to go!'. The posters are feeling fed-up and pissed-off. You can't blame them. He just loves to wield his scissors. He's heavy-handed with it. And it can get incredibly irritating.

Archived