IGNORED

TWOP Howard strikes again!

donks

I have never understood the whole attitude towards Duggar posting over there. I've been reading/responding for years and it has always struck me that there is some sort of weird power trip going on. What is the whole point of allowing comments on TWOP? I assume it is to make the place popular and increase the value of the site, no? Yet Howard moderates the Duggar space like it is her own little fiefdom and we are merely the serfs who might be allowed to comment if she is feeling generous. It pisses me off, but of course if you question her judgement or criticize in anyway your comment is erased.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just read Howard's note. I wonder if he will close the thread since some of the recent posts are speculation about Anna being pregnant.

Then if someone were to post a link to the FB picture that confirms it, Howard would close the thread for posting pics from someone's private FB page. He slammed people for doing that with Famy's FB and twitter.

Someone just put up a link to the screenshot of the sisters in matching maternity tops picture.

• 11 months later...

Recently. Howard posted a threat that we were not allowed to post about Gothard because he was not on the show.

Funny thing, is that people posted back how important Gothard was to the Duggars including Journey to the Heart, Alert Camp and the annual ATI conference. None of these posts were deleted.

No reason to post over there. You have to be so careful as to what you say, just like talking to my stepkids. :roll:

Exactly!

Recently. Howard posted a threat that we were not allowed to post about Gothard because he was not on the show.

Funny thing, is that people posted back how important Gothard was to the Duggars including Journey to the Heart, Alert Camp and the annual ATI conference. None of these posts were deleted.

Is Howard actually finally losing her grip? The last time I looked on the Duggar thread (back in November) there were a couple of references to Free Jinger that hadn't been deleted. Not only is that "Boards on Boards" ::faints:: but Howard used to wipe FJ references within seconds and very pissily.

I haven't check the twop thread in awhile. Some of the threads on TWOP can do days or sometimes weeks without mods reading them. In the past, posts about other fundie families like the Maxwells would stay up for awhile. I remember a post over there that mentioned Daniel and Lyndsie and there was a link to Lyndsie's old blog which had pictures of when she met the Duggars at the Courageous filming.

How can you not talk about Gothard when talking about the Duggars? He's their religious God. Whether they talk about him on the show or, not, we all know it.

How can you not talk about Gothard when talking about the Duggars? He's their religious God. Whether they talk about him on the show or, not, we all know it.

I think the TWOP mods might use the excuse that Gothard shouldn't be discussed because he isn't on the show or the show doesn't mention him.

What IS Boards on Boards? My infraction is gone now, but I still don't even know what I did wrong. (sigh) I have managed to keep my current username for years now by just not having much of an opinion.

When the witch Strega was moderating, she did admit that the mods usually didn't watch the shows that they moderated. I do know that Howard watches Sons of Anarachy and a few others, mostly animated stuff.

I think that it would make it hard to ding someone for being off-topic, if the mod doesn't watch the show.

TWOP Howard is a Dick. I got my second warning for boards-on-boards. Which isn't what it sounds like. If you say anything regarding the board you are on, another poster on the board, the mods, another board, you are posting on the board about a board. Not the show. Keep posts related to the show! Something as innocuous as "People seem to feel" or "Posters are fired up today" is "board on board." Can't even comment on what another poster is saying. Might as well just type up my own commentary then delete it for all the discussion allowed.

Yeah. The rules on TWOP are ridiculous. I got two warning points for the same post. TWOP Howard said I was starting trouble because I said something about no one being deserved to get hit. I think it was taken away, because now I only have three points. They'll warn you if you don't use proper capitalization and punctuation. What a joke.

Yeah. The rules on TWOP are ridiculous. I got two warning points for the same post. TWOP Howard said I was starting trouble because I said something about no one being deserved to get hit. I think it was taken away, because now I only have three points. They'll warn you if you don't use proper capitalization and punctuation. What a joke.

TWOP Howard definitely has issues. I know she shutdown at least 2 boards (RHofBH and RHofNY) because people were commenting about something she felt was not covered by the show. I think she did it because it was offseason - if she shut down a forum until the next season, that was one less forum to moderate.

When TWOP was hit with that malware attack last year, there were a lot of funny comments on their Facebook page that it was all TWOP Howard's fault! (Karma's a b*tch!) <--- :penguin-no: (TWOP Howard would have given me a warning for not spelling out the word!).

TWOP Howard definitely has issues. I know she shutdown at least 2 boards (RHofBH and RHofNY) because people were commenting about something she felt was not covered by the show. I think she did it because it was offseason - if she shut down a forum until the next season, that was one less forum to moderate.

When TWOP was hit with that malware attack last year, there were a lot of funny comments on their Facebook page that it was all TWOP Howard's fault! (Karma's a b*tch!) <--- :penguin-no: (TWOP Howard would have given me a warning for not spelling out the word!).

I noticed that shutting down a forum between seasons was one of TWOP Howard's favorite things to do. If I hadn't been banned, which is extremely easy to accomplish, I might have quit posting since the rules are a major joke.

I don't know how long TWOP will keep liming along. People are leaving because they are either fed up with the arbitrary rule enforcement and meanness of the mods, or they are sick of the constant "system upgrades" and bugs that make the site practically unusable.

The other day, one of the mods slammed someone for posting a picture. The mod said something like, "I know that option's available, but it shouldn't be, so don't post pictures." So in all the umpteen system upgrades that have happened in the last several years, they haven't found a way to remove functionality that they don't want?

Archived