IGNORED

TWOP Howard strikes again!

donks

but i caught it before it was deleted (well half of it anyway)

auburngirl

View Member Profile

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Just Tuned In

Today @ 7:13 am

Report · Post#42597

TWOP Howard, you deleted my post because you claim that it is against the rules to post about an episode while it is going on, however, if you would have looked at the time stamp the episode had been over for five minutes. I am done with this website, don't botjer deleting my account, I will do it myself.

Howard is a shithead.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been to TWOP since I found FJ because Howard the Twit and her cohorts are awful. It seems like there are so many sites with mods like that. They act like we should all be SO grateful and genuflect to them because they are volunteering their time, but all they do is make more work for themselves. It's no wonder they hate it...

I can't stand TWOP Howard and reading posts that have [snip] all over the place because he/she felt the need to butcher them. I still have an account but haven't posted anything in years.

I stopped attending TWOP after one incident where a new poster made an innocent mistake error (repeating something others have said and admitting to not reading all 15+ posts before posting in said thread). The moderator Strega posted a really nasty note that she was a piece of crap and I felt incredibly angry about that. No one should be able to get away with posting stuff like that about another poster. If anyone else had wrote that, they'd be in violation of the forum rules. But this was a MODERATOR, and a long time one at that. It made me quit the forum that day. Even though the ire was not directed at me, I was upset that a forum would give someone else the authority and latitude to treat another poster like crap.

Never again.

My only regret was that I didn't send an angry post to Strega or told on her behavior to other moderators. At least, I'd feel like someone called her out on her poor behavior. At least here in this forum, posters are allowed to fight back. TWOP is a one-sided fight. The moderators rule their forum like mini-fiefdoms and we have mini-tyrants running amok. Years later, a mainstream news media did an article about TWOP and showed a picture of Strega. I was mildly surprised to see her as a plain looking, older-appearing, overweight woman. Somehow I pictured her a anorexic, 20 year old sorority girl. Or maybe it was that her behavior made her appear that way? :p

My only regret was that I didn't send an angry post to Strega

You would've been wasting your time. I got a nasty, and I mean nasty PM from Strega that was so over-the-top for my perceived infraction that I had to walk away from the computer. This was only my second warning there, and the previous one was something extremely minute. I had done nothing to deserve that. I then PMed her (him? I dunno what any of them are) to explain what my post meant and that it was in fact not off-topic because it was about something seen in the latest episode and got nothin.' I gave it awhile and tried again, and still radio silence. I then gave her a piece of my mind because, like them, I work for a big corporate-owned website and part of my job is moderating boards, and I wouldn't even speak to the lowest troll in the way she did to me. And I do not ignore PMs from users unless it's something I've already responded to ad nauseum.

Howard sucks too. I left the 19K and Counting board there years ago because of her.

*sigh* I miss the TWoP of Yore...

I stopped posting on some of the reality show threads on TWOP a couple of years back, after the first season of 16 and Pregnant. I can't remember if Howard was the mod on that thread. Major snipping happened back then if the conversation was slightly OT or if posters talked about their own lives in relation 16&P. I remember there were two times I received message from the mod saying that posters could only talk about the show and it's particpants.

A few months back one of the posters here mentioned how the twop mods cherry pick certain rules to enforce on certain threads. I sometimes read threads on there and on some threads there is some leniency on posters discussing things that didn't happen on the shows or discussion the things about reality show stars that happen in real time. But on some threads such as the Teen Mom thread, you can't talk about incidents that weren't filmed. On the Nancy Grace thread, discussions about Casey Anthony or the other cases Nancy covers are not allowed.

As I mentioned on the other thread, the bitch nailed me for TWO "infractions" of "boards on boards" last night. I emailed the twunt to inform her that I wasn't responding to anyone on the board, because the posts were essentially "It's sad that Duggar fans will believe Boob's crap..." and there are no Duggar fans to be found on that board these days (the one we had for a couple of weeks apparently flounced...no posts from the goatkag[e]roo last night).

She had the gall to give me a warning for being ARROGANT (or as she put it, acting like I was the only one who knew anything). I asked her WTF she was talking about and informed her that she had totally misread my posts, letting her know that my inbox is full of posters PMing me about how they totally agree with my posts.

I'll still post there because the core group of regulars, many of whom post here, are great to interact with.

As I mentioned on the other thread, the bitch nailed me for TWO "infractions" of "boards on boards" last night. I emailed the twunt to inform her that I wasn't responding to anyone on the board, because the posts were essentially "It's sad that Duggar fans will believe Boob's crap..." and there are no Duggar fans to be found on that board these days (the one we had for a couple of weeks apparently flounced...no posts from the goatkag[e]roo last night).

She had the gall to give me a warning for being ARROGANT (or as she put it, acting like I was the only one who knew anything). I asked her WTF she was talking about and informed her that she had totally misread my posts, letting her know that my inbox is full of posters PMing me about how they totally agree with my posts.

I'll still post there because the core group of regulars, many of whom post here, are great to interact with.

Uggh what bitch Howard is. The TWOP mods are probably the worst board mods I've ever dealt with.

Howard is an idiot. One day on the old Keith Olbermann's Countdown thread, posters were reamed out for posting while the show was on. The thing is that they were posting on breaking news that was all over the net and not just on Keith's show. I was wondering if we were being told not to post about the news.

Another instance is on the General Hospital thread. Howard became a mod when there were already 11k pages posted. This is the most polite, TWOP rule abiding group ever to post but of course Howard had to show his power. We had a dumb top of the page game that Howard banned. Howard wanted posters to stop using nicknames when referring to past characters. I guess after a while Howard got bored and left us alone.

The rule against not posting about the missing children on NG has to be the dumbest rule possible. What are people supposed to talk about? How beautiful Nancy is? How great a mother she is?

I had a post deleted some time ago on the 19k thread where I mentioned the "water into grape juice" comment from papa Keller. I said that in the Bible it said that the good wine was usually brought out first, then the poor wine was served when everyone was too drunk to notice. The whole post was deleted for being "off topic." It was on the show, so I still don't understand how it was off topic. I never did push for an explanation. I probably would have been banned if I had.

I only lurk at TWOP, and even I know Howard is a bitch. She (she's a woman, right?) must do mod stuff literally 24 hours a day, because she does every topic I read. One of the few people I've actually wanted to punch through the Internet.

Guest LilaFowler

I hate all the post snipping that happens there. Entire or big sections of posts gone for whatever reason TWOP Howard feels like, or because it was "off topic." And I hate that much of the stuff that happens regarding reality shows, you can't talk about. Especially the Real Housewives franchise, and Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant.

The only thing I agree with the mods about is if a person goes on and on and on and on about their personal lives in the threads. I don't really want to read that so much.

The rule against not posting about the missing children on NG has to be the dumbest rule possible. What are people supposed to talk about? How beautiful Nancy is? How great a mother she is?

sorry, what show are you referring to here?

I hate all the post snipping that happens there. Entire or big sections of posts gone for whatever reason TWOP Howard feels like, or because it was "off topic." And I hate that much of the stuff that happens regarding reality shows, you can't talk about. Especially the Real Housewives franchise, and Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant.

The only thing I agree with the mods about is if a person goes on and on and on and on about their personal lives in the threads. I don't really want to read that so much.

I agree with the mods on that. But there are times that things on reality shows remind people of their own lives or the lives of others.

During the first season 16&Pregnant, one of teen dads Josh joined the Air Force after the birth of his daughter. Some twop posters were unsure if Josh was right for the military. On the show, Josh seemed really off and irresponsible. On that thread, a few posters mentioned that maybe the military would mold Josh into a better man and these people used examples of others they knew who were helped by the military. I also gave an example if someone I knew. The mod snipped those posts and said that talking about real life incidents wasn't allowed and that we could only talk about things on the show.

I can see the concern about threads getting a bit off topic. I thought people posting about similar people or situations wasn't a bad thing at all. We still mentioned Josh in our posts and it wasn't like our entire focus was taken off of Josh. After dealing with the mod on thread, I stopped posting on the reality show threads for awhile.

As I mentioned before, there are some reality show threads that the mods aren't really strict on. I noticed on the Dirty Soap thread, posters have mentioned real time incidents and they show evidence that some of the things on Dirty Soap are staged. So far, the mods are ok with it.

sorry, what show are you referring to here?

Lilybee is referring to the Nancy Grace show. The thread on twop about that show has some strict rules that are ridiculous. Basically you can't discuss the people or cases Nancy is covering on that thread.

I those rules are pretty stupid because Nancy Grace does her show to give attention to certain cases and not to discuss herself the whole time.

Guest LilaFowler

I agree with the mods on that. But there are times that things on reality shows remind people of their own lives or the lives of others.

I agree and don't mind when they post maybe a paragraph. But when it goes on and on and on and on and on, lol, that's when it starts to get annoying.

I agree and don't mind when they post maybe a paragraph. But when it goes on and on and on and on and on, lol, that's when it starts to get annoying.

I agree a paragraph should be a limit.

The mods at TWOP are absolutely ridiculous. There is no need to be such hostile control freaks over trivial TV shows. People who have to act like such bullies to people who meant no harm have serious psychological issues. I never bother to read there now that I know of this board.

The mods at TWOP are absolutely ridiculous. There is no need to be such hostile control freaks over trivial TV shows. People who have to act like such bullies to people who meant no harm have serious psychological issues. I never bother to read there now that I know of this board.

I sometimes laugh when the hostile attitudes of the mods comes out on threads, because I think it is ridiculous that they worked up over discussions over TV shows.

I still read the twop thread on 19 kids and counting because the mods are ok with people who dislike the Duggars and the mods are bit on lax on the rules for that thread. They do allow people to mention Amy's twitter and Facebook mentions of the Duggars and they do allow discussion of Gothard to be brought up.

I think most people on twop aren't fans of Duggars. The real Duggar fans only post a few times and then they flounce.

Archived