IGNORED

TWOP Howard strikes again!

donks

I've only really had one run-in with him. In general I'm extremely careful what I say. But he is incredibly over-zealous on the RHBH thread. He snips and rants and generally throws his weight around to an abnormally high degree. Reminds me of the days of Miss Alli when you were either for her or against her and if you disagreed with her you were gonna get banned no matter what you said or how carefully you said it. The problem is with the 'boards on boards' rule which is so amorphous that it can be interpreted any way you want. So you may or may not get dinged for saying you are on so-and-so's 'love train'. Some he's snipped for b/on/b. Some he's allowed through.

A few days ago a poster really blew up at him and a few other posters basically said 'way to go!'. The posters are feeling fed-up and pissed-off. You can't blame them. He just loves to wield his scissors. He's heavy-handed with it. And it can get incredibly irritating.

I have to say that one thing that really bugs me about TWOP is you can't mutiny. Another community I'm a part of just did this when one of the mods got pissed we criticized her and deleted the community. We didn't like that, got our community back and kicked all of the mods off the mod-train.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd just like to say FUCK TWOP. It has the most irritating moderation I've ever seen. Also, it's the board that made me conclude that all sufficiently large message boards need a spot for venting (boards on boards, if you will). We all need to let off steam sometimes.

Oh yeah, another thing - I really think moderators should participate in the community as members (as they do here). It's really annoying on TWOP to see the moderators only warn/ban people and not contribute to the discussions ever.

That said, the Office forums on TWOP aren't too heavily moderated. Of course, that's probably because they're pretty inactive.

So with the final reunion episode airing tonight, anyone want to take bets on how long until he locks the thread until the next season?

I'm also wondering if he really will open the 19K & Counting thread tomorrow night.

Since I have no life, I read Forum Traffic Court fairly often. I wonder what makes posters snitch so much, especially on Teen Mom and the HW's; but I have never seen anyone snitch on the Duggar thread.

Since I have no life, I read Forum Traffic Court fairly often. I wonder what makes posters snitch so much, especially on Teen Mom and the HW's; but I have never seen anyone snitch on the Duggar thread.

I used to read the Forum Traffic Court and Troll Patrol (I've stopped going to TWOP). There was one poster who's only posts were to the FTC to rat on the 19K&C thread. She stopped when someone from the FJ Facebook page decided to have a little chat with her via PM.

I asked about it in the Olde Suggestion Box, yesterday.

Teen mom was reopened this morning, so there may be hope.

I only became a moderator here so I could tell you all what to do, cut your posts, suspend your accounts, and just, generally, get drunk on power.

Alecto won't even let me have a sip from the Power Gourd. It's like that, here, ok?

Well, the thread is back open now. May as well go over and test the non-tolerance level of the new mods. I have a thing for abuse. The condescending tone of the mod post isn't promising.

I mentioned two events they had to cover in spoiler tags, but openly said they'd end with an hour special before the Bateses' special (making sure to note that fucking TLC announced it).

Come on over, Pauline needs some company!

I mentioned two events they had to cover in spoiler tags, but openly said they'd end with an hour special before the Bateses' special (making sure to note that fucking TLC announced it).

Come on over, Pauline needs some company!

Amazing I got logged in but I can't find the forum. Linky poo :D

Oh I'm in!!

Thanks for getting it reopened, even if I only got to see maybe 30 seconds of last night's episode. I have a feeling it will be kind of slow there anyway, most of us came over here or to DWOP. I can't imagine the ratings for this season being any better than last, where they were right around 1 to 1.2 million viewers per episode.

I'm afraid to post anything there. Will they warn people for talking about the miscarriage since it still hasn't happened on the show?

I thought if TLC showed a preview, it was free for discussion(in the teen mom thread after Leah said the word cheat in the preview it was finally ok to talk about) . The Duggar preview is on almost everytime I turn on the channel of the funeral, and ultrasound.

Now in the past they have let the today show be dicussed as well?

I get too scared to post too. I got yelled at once for posting to early(I get a pacific feed in mtn zone so I get the latest TLC showing in the lower 48 so for example the first showing of the Duugars came on at midnight last night).

Thanks for getting it reopened, even if I only got to see maybe 30 seconds of last night's episode. I have a feeling it will be kind of slow there anyway, most of us came over here or to DWOP. I can't imagine the ratings for this season being any better than last, where they were right around 1 to 1.2 million viewers per episode.

I posted ratings earlier today, but Sharla reported 1.499MM, or as she said, "Not great for a season premiere."

I posted ratings earlier today, but Sharla reported 1.499MM, or as she said, "Not great for a season premiere."

That is not good at all, considering all the promotions. Even Kate started her last season with the premiere getting over 2 million. It will be interesting to see the rating next week for the big hair cut episode. I bet they go down because some people tuned in to see the miscarriage.

To put the ratings into perspective, Duugars last night were beat by RERUNS of shows like American Dad, Big bang theory, Pawn stars, storage wars, Chopped and house hunters. (House Hunters pays the couples $500 and the reruns get better ratings then the Duggars)

the Duggars also have the lowest share of the 18-49 at .5 (so are the viewers teens or seniors?)

Teen Mom II SSN 2 MTV 10:00 PM 3.459 2.0

Big Bang Theory, THE TBSC 10:30 PM 3.184 1.4

TOSH.O CMDY 10:00 PM 2.463 1.4

Family Guy ADSM 11:30 PM 2.780 1.3

Big Bang Theory, THE TBSC 10:00 PM 2.981 1.3

GAME, THE S5 BET 10:00 PM 2.405 1.2

Family Guy ADSM 11:00 PM 2.601 1.1

Big Bang Theory, THE TBSC 9:00 PM 2.728 1.1

Big Bang Theory, THE TBSC 9:30 PM 2.814 1.1

Dance Moms LIF 9:00 PM 2.277 1.0

Robot Chicken ADSM 12:00 AM 2.165 1.0

Top Gear HIST 9:00 PM 2.070 1.0

Daily Show CMDY 11:00 PM 2.005 0.9

Hardcore Pawn TRU 9:00 PM 2.266 0.9

KEY & PEELE CMDY 10:30 PM 1.585 0.9

Pawn Stars HIST 8:30 PM 2.529 0.9

LETS STAY TOGETHER S2 BET 10:30 PM 1.701 0.9

American Dad ADSM 10:30 PM 2.062 0.8

FX MOVIE PRIME FX 7:00 PM 2.280 0.8

REAL HOUSEWIVES OF OC BRVO 9:00 PM 1.697 0.8

Top Shot HIST 10:00 PM 1.827 0.8

Robot Chicken ADSM 12:15 AM 1.805 0.8

INK MASTER SPIKE 10:00 PM 1.523 0.8

Justified FX 10:00 PM 2.130 0.8

Big Bang Theory, THE TBSC 8:00 PM 1.860 0.8

Storage Hunters TRU 9:30 PM 2.120 0.7

Colbert Report CMDY 11:31 PM 1.490 0.7

TNT BIG PICTURE MOVIES TNT 7:30 PM 1.914 0.7

Pawn Stars HIST 8:00 PM 2.073 0.7

Storage Wars AEN 10:00 PM 2.000 0.7

Switched At Birth FAM 8:00 PM 1.457 0.6

Chopped FOOD 10:00 PM 1.584 0.6

Pawn Stars HIST 7:30 PM 2.046 0.6

American Dad ADSM 10:00 PM 1.628 0.6

136TH WESTMINISTR DOG SHOW USA 8:00 PM 3.110 0.6

Southland TNT 10:00 PM 1.888 0.6

Storage Wars AEN 10:30 PM 1.612 0.6

Storage Wars AEN 9:30 PM 1.901 0.5

Storage Wars AEN 11:30 PM 1.493 0.5

Storage Wars AEN 9:00 PM 1.783 0.5

19 Kids and Counting TLC 9:00 PM 1.499 0.5

HOUSE HUNTERS INTL HGTV 10:30 PM 1.550 0.5

Is anyone else getting viruses from TWoP today? I have adblock on Firefox and my anti-virus has popped up twice today on TWoP. Ah well, on the blacklist TWoP goes as amusing as the tattle tale threads are.

I use AVG as well. I tested it again and it's the third time I've got the virus pop-up while going to the forums. I haven't gotten it anywhere else on the internet. I was wondering if I was the only one.

No seeing any overmoderation. *sob*

• 10 months later...
I wonder how one could get a job as a TWoP mod? I can be an anal jackass for money...

I am bumping because I googled bitter but brilliant and it came to this thread. Amusing no?

Howard finally deigned to re-open the Duggars but with a smug little note/threat.

I just read Howard's note. I wonder if he will close the thread since some of the recent posts are speculation about Anna being pregnant.

Archived