• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• AnywhereButHere

• fraurosena

image.thumb.png.c4f42211f3395d2260e2b83d1f8b44ae.png

"A Bucket For Marjorie"

Maybe the right metaphor for Marjorie Taylor Greene is flying monkey. She’s not human, which means this witch cartoon isn’t sexist, and she does the bidding of Donald Trump, her cult master.

Tomorrow, Speaker Mike Johnson will travel to Mar-a-Lago to kiss Trump’s ass. Remind me how well that worked out for the last speaker, Kevin McCarthy. Will kissing Donald Trump’s ass save Mike Johnson’s job? Will kissing Trump’s ass move him to order his flying monkey to end its campaign to oust Johnson from the speakership? Even if it does, will it last?

MTG doesn’t do anything without Trump’s blessing.

MTG filed a motion to oust Johnson for the sin of negotiating with Democrats to avert a government shutdown. She’s also angry over other issues including additional aid for Ukraine and the reauthorization of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), because Trump believes it’s used against him every time he breaks the law. For her role opposing aid for Ukraine, outgoing congressman Ken Buck has labeled her Moscow Marjorie. It fits.

MTG claimed that “a lot” of the Republican conference agreed with the motion to oust Johnson. Tonight on CNN, a Republican colleague said that wasn’t true. I believe him.

House Republicans are tired of being the gang that can’t shoot straight. They can’t govern. The last thing they need is more chaos. While Democrats would usually sit back and enjoy Republican mayhem, this affects everyone, especially providing more aid to help Ukraine defeat Putin. Moscow Marjorie and Putin’s puppet Donald Trump oppose aiding Ukraine.

Folklore says blues legend Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads in exchange for his amazing ability to play guitar. Mike Johnson is selling his soul to the devil which is Donald Trump at the crossroads that’s Mar-a-Lago.

When your deals involve the wicked witch, flying monkeys, and the devil, I don’t see it working out for you.

• Upvote 7

image.png.7f8cfb7907008f08a911eff497fd8892.png

• Upvote 6

image.png.5910dc75e3c7bf4f9f92069e312dbfc3.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

image.png.7de7353b5559a977a87a377585f896ce.png

• Upvote 5

JudgedLife.thumb.jpg.7d4b96eae7336ff2a23f89764ed70f0e.jpg

• Upvote 4

OrangeJuice.png.bc81931a042928003acf249f04366b39.png

• Upvote 4

image.jpeg.13f96aa225efe907e8f7339a2055db13.jpeg

• Upvote 6

IMG_9908.thumb.jpeg.9d4b5e6fcffd4ead5d4f03abb9dc1305.jpeg

• Upvote 6

IMG_9912.thumb.jpeg.9e84a6047ee30b145d14870a35077476.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

image.jpeg.9483d0eda2b7e7feb6b4ed58d9b8a0cc.jpeg

• Upvote 7

I can't stop laughing:

image.png.1dab7d25c0393d54bc417fd9a2b7d8fa.png

• Haha 10

image.png.f6484c73a8082afeebf026eb2e5cd0fd.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

image.png.6b291321485e3bc38b3a1e2ef04220ee.png

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

image.thumb.jpeg.e1eb96944dec8a8ae7f80f81a975aa28.jpeg

• Upvote 8

At this point, nicknames for Trump don't usually amuse me (I'm just so tired of it all, and I think Trump is too horrible for even the meanest nickname to cover it), but I just heard one that made me chuckle, so I found a picture to go with it:

Spoiler

8mwl7g.thumb.jpg.a13c0a0d299f187143046a7e8b893515.jpg

Edited by thoughtful
clarity
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

image.png.daf3be65b8bf56499d67c947201639d8.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

20240415_andersonn1.JPG

• Upvote 6

Colbert's take on the Gettysburg debacle:

Spoiler

• Thank You 5

Good one:

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

He’s in a chipper mood this morning;

image.png.f28bde65ac9573613375c5917d3e955f.png

• Upvote 6

image.png.a66ebd3a3bb074fca10e862115a4beb3.png

• Upvote 5

image.png.77a3dbf7f090f1564f344b7242b5abdb.png

• Upvote 6

image.png.edd2bb6cd4a67dfab1863fcc2a183040.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

image.thumb.png.7de7363670a67c087e4d6c987ae3dd32.png

"Sleepy Don"

If this was a nation where the president used the legal system to go after his political opponents, as Donald Trump so often claims, then he would have fled the country to live in exile after his failed coup attempt and not be sitting through jury selections in a courtroom while dozing off.

Trump lies and says his criminal trials are politically motivated and now, he can lie and say he didn’t fall asleep in court yesterday…and probably again today. Is it just me or is he not looking well? His hue has gone from a bright ugly racist orange to a sickish tangerine that fell off a truck.

Maggie Haberman reported for The New York Times that Trump visited Snoozeville, Nappyland, Snoretown, yesterday while Judge Juan Merchan listened to last-minute arguments in the hush money case. Haberman wrote, “Mr. Trump (sic) appeared to nod off a few times, his mouth going slack and his head drooping onto his chest.”

What does a sleeping Trump dream about anyway? Does he dream about grifting, grabbing, a little pillaging, hamberders, or maybe big buckets of fried chicken? We’ll never know but I’d love to hear your theories.

The fun irony and hypocrisy here is that Trump and his MAGA minions accuse President Joe Biden of having “low energy” and they call him Sleepy Joe. Like most things with MAGAts, if they accuse others of something, then they’re projecting. Dementia Joe, check. Pedo Joe, check. Corrupt Joe, check fucking check.

Haberman also reported that one of Trump’s bottom-of-the-discount-barrel-last-resort-lawyers-because-no-self-respecting-attorney-will–ever-work-for-him, Todd Blanche, passed him notes for several minutes before he “appeared to jolt awake and notice them.” She also wrote that Trump appeared very irritated at other times which is what a baby does when it misses its naptime.

If you want to know if Trump talks in his sleep, you can’t ask Melania because she doesn’t sleep with him. Like decent lawyers or even average ones, she doesn’t want to get into bed with him. There are at least three horrible things in Trump’s bed… bedbugs, fried chicken crumbs, and Trump.

I’ll bet you 25 shares of Truth Social stock, which is currently hovering around $22 after starting out around $70, that Trump dozes off again during his trials. For everyone in the courtroom, I hope he’s not a sleep farter, but you know he is. Again…Melania sleeps in another room and sometimes, in another state.

Creative note: I didn’t want to draw two cartoons in a row on the Trump jury/trial thing, but I couldn’t wait a day before drawing a cartoon on Donald Trump falling asleep during a court proceeding because DONALD TRUMP FELL ASLEEP DURING A COURT PROCEEDING!!! I watched three of the late-night monologues this morning just to be sure none of them beat me to my cartoon idea, and Jimmy Fallon called Trump Dozo the Clown and Donny Nappleseed. The hashtags “DonSnoreleone” and “NodFather” are also trending.

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic