• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• AnywhereButHere

• fraurosena

image.png.8ad73b4f6aa16448fbcd60d66d7d9668.png

"Sea Speaker Sink"

I don’t get why Marjorie Taylor Greene has so much power in the House. It’s not like she’s a negotiator. She doesn’t sponsor significant legislation. She doesn’t have a lot of friends. In fact, she even got kicked out of the Goon Caucus. How ridiculous and crazy do you have to be to get kicked out of the Goon Caucus? They chose Lauren Boebert over her.

MTG is a conspiracy theorist. She’s racist and antisemitic. Just yesterday, a Jewish member of Congress admonished her for playing politics with Nazis. Despite this, she sits on two of the most powerful committees in Congress. She sits on the Oversight Committee which should be exercising oversight of her. She sits on the Homeland Security Committee despite the fact she’s defending the terrorists who attacked our nation on January 6, 2021, and calls them “patriots” and “hostages.” She even has a seat on the subcommittee on the Coronavirus pandemic, which she has gaslighted, doubts the science that fought it, and compared safety regulations and precautions to the Holocaust.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is a lunatic and she’s not to be taken seriously and yet, Speaker Mike Johnson appointed her as one of the impeachment managers despite the fact she’s trying to oust Mike Johnson. Seriously.

The impeachment was ridiculous and it never should have happened, yet Johnson allowed it out of fear. Then, he makes Marjorie one of the impeachment managers which tells the entire world that the impeachment of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas was bogus and not to be taken seriously. And the Senate dismissed it on the same day the House managers presented it. That’s exactly what they were supposed to do.

Now that the impeachment drama is over, Marjorie can get back to focusing on removing Mike Johnson from the Speakership. Yes, she’s ridiculous but unfortunately for Speaker Johnson, so is the rest of his caucus. If he survives, he’ll have to be saved by Democrats.

Now I want to talk about something else: You know I love hiding objects in my cartoons. We like to call those Easter eggs because you have to hunt to find all of them. And like the sippy cup and Pizza Rat, I don’t own the Easter eggs but still, most of my colleagues respect that I do them and they don’t copy them….most of my colleagues. Yesterday, a “colleague” stole Wilson. Wilson is a nod to The Castaway, a movie starring Tom Hanks stranded on a deserted island and his only friend is a volleyball named Wilson. I’ve put him in at least ten cartoons (now it’s 11). And maybe it’s not a big deal for someone to come along and copy me but it does piss me off. The thing for me is, why do I work to create stuff that’s original, unique, and irreverent just for some plagiarizing tracer who couldn’t write a decent cartoon if he had a brain transplant to come along and steal it? And then I get to watch him take bows, and compliments, and receive major reprints with something I created.

Anyway, today’s Easter egg of Wilson contains an Easter egg. As Iron Man told Thor in The Avengers, “Stop taking my stuff.”

Continued here:

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic