IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 17: St Meghan's Hagiography

Coconut Flan

Real talk Sounds like they have a real Hexit on their hands. What a way to begin a new Monarchs reign 

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I was actually not finding fault with them until that interview at the end of the tour when I was going what is going on here?  Meghan whining in an official post-tour interview that no one was asking how she was?  That's your mother's job Meghan not everyone else's. 

2 hours ago, viii said:

I agree with you. That's what I'm saying. Of all the things to dislike Meghan for, picking out that comment seems unnecessary to me. 

You need to pay attention to what I'm saying.  I did not say I disliked Meghan for one comment.  I said that interview was the first time I began noticing Meghan's behavior was "off."  No, I didn't use those exact words, but that's what I was trying to say.  

Also postpartum at least in the US is considered six weeks.  By four months the initial recovery should be complete.  Meghan was up and around, going to events, and up until that interview giving the appearance at least of coping tolerably well.  It was my first clue, she wasn't fitting in, seemed to want more than average attention and coddling, and wasn't following the royal program as closely as many others.  To me what was most obvious was I could never, ever imagine Queen Elizabeth or now Queen Camilla ever coming out with that kind of comment in an official interview.  

For me it was the very beginning of paying closer attention to Meghan because it made me wonder what was behind it: true mistreatment, real callous behavior from others, attention hunger, slinging mud, what?  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

I seem to recall another interview where she said she thought that particular comment wasn't going to be aired that it was just conversation between takes.  I know she doesn't have much "credit " for being honest. But just as a human I think it was a sucky time for her and she was trying....now LATER... I think she started to see another side of her.

And truly we will never see the other side of the coin and what really made her give up trying to fit in. I do think she was trying at first and I still think if they had stuck it out they might have been able to live the half and half life they wanted. Sort of like Beatrice and Eugenie

I also think Harry was behind a lot of this. He stated that he didn't want to be a royal really (although clearly he didn't think that through) but I also think he was and is clearly traumatized by the manner of his mother's death and having Meghan being hounded and stressed probably triggered a very reactive stance from him. 

I don't think we'll really know. It can be hard to explain things in families. I had to go no contact with my mother and there was no way I could explain to our extended family. I was recently speaking to the matriarch about it for the 1st time (2 years later) and she admitted to me that she had been blaming me for 2 years for being a horrible horrible person and only recently had come to understand for herself why it happened. And she doesn't even know the whole situation even now! 

At best we have a warped mirror image of what  happened with Harry and Meghan.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

My personal observations of Meghan:  She seemed to flaunt going against what were supposedly the Queen's wishes.   She never wore hose/tights, she immediately wore off-the-shoulder clothes, she wore wedge heeled shoes, and that's the three that I immediately think of.   She just didn't seem to want to even try to fit.

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Also postpartum at least in the US is considered six weeks.  By four months the initial recovery should be complete.  Meghan was up and around, going to events, and up until that interview giving the appearance at least of coping tolerably well. 

Six weeks is when doctors tell you it is safe to resume most activities, specifically sexual activity. A high percentage of women who do, will experience pain. Postpartum is nowhere near done at six weeks. And it isn‘t at 4 months either. Despite doing special exercises daily, I didn‘t notice my traumatized pelvic floor making any progress in healing until 6 MONTHS postpartum. I am now almost 18 months postpartum and still have postpartum depression. A recent guideline advises pediatricians to check on mom‘s mental health for the first 2-3 years when she comes in to have baby checked. Because nobody else will. New mothers are neglected by the system.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 6

26 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Six weeks is when doctors tell you it is safe to resume most activities, specifically sexual activity. A high percentage of women who do, will experience pain. Postpartum is nowhere near done at six weeks. And it isn‘t at 4 months either. Despite doing special exercises daily, I didn‘t notice my traumatized pelvic floor making any progress in healing until 6 MONTHS postpartum. I am now almost 18 months postpartum and still have postpartum depression. A recent guideline advises pediatricians to check on mom‘s mental health for the first 2-3 years when she comes in to have baby checked. Because nobody else will. New mothers are neglected by the system.

Yup. When I had my last kid almost 8 years ago, it was being advised to wait a year before trying to have another baby, because that was how long it took to really recover. 

Carrying and giving birth messes with your body so much, 6 weeks for recovery is nothing. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

It’s pretty wild that Harry took a 14 hour emergency flight to see his Dad, and Dad flew off to a different location after 45 minutes. Maybe Harry is going to meet up with him there, but ….wow. 

• Upvote 4

Three time mother - post partum and full recovery are not the same thing.  One birth was so difficult/handled improperly that I ended up with plastic surgery of the region.  I wasn't fully healed until that was done after the next birth, but I wasn't post partum the whole time.  In fact aside from that particular issue I was great in four weeks with that one.  

• Love 4

13 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

My personal observations of Meghan:  She seemed to flaunt going against what were supposedly the Queen's wishes.   She never wore hose/tights, she immediately wore off-the-shoulder clothes, she wore wedge heeled shoes, and that's the three that I immediately think of.   She just didn't seem to want to even try to fit.

Huh? Kate has been wearing wedges, slim pants and off shoulder gowns repeatedly from the start? I mean, yes she raked in the same headlines about disrespecting the Queen or breaking protocol but it died down over the years. Those “Queens wishes” or “royal protocol” around clothing were always speculation for the first and mostly bs for the latter. 
I do think what broke M back was the “so glamorous/pr trained/ heavy lifter/ educated power house” narrative that was spun around her. I don’t think anyone could have delivered all what was placed on her. The “black woman marrying into the RF and therefore being the beacon light of change for their ways”, while a nice sentiment, was only adding to the burden. My personal take is that H sold her on to a version of royal life that was never going to happen and than proved to be completely “helpless” till leaving was the only viable option. Now, I don’t think it would be problematic to leave even if you knew what you are going into. Sometimes you have to experience things. The way they left though- that’s definitely on them and I can’t excuse their weird and bratty approach. Just remember their exit statement they had to re-write like 3 times…. The inaccuracy around facts is also on them and them alone.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I am forever mystified that fitting in to the BRF and adjusting to royal life would be considered a flex. 😂

Edited by noseybutt
  • Upvote 1

Maybe She thought she could Magical pixie dream girl her way into changing 1000 years of protocol and tradition they are mostly happy with to make them “Modern” and thus get renown, praising accolades, power( either soft or real) and overshadow all the rest . 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I mean, yes she raked in the same headlines about disrespecting the Queen or breaking protocol but it died down over the years. 

Funny how those headlines started to really die down around 2018... 

• Upvote 1

BBC are reporting Harry has been spotted at Heathrow Airport, presumably heading home. Sounds like his visit maybe didn't get the warm reception he'd hoped for. Apparently he only saw King Charles for 45 minutes and then stayed in a hotel overnight whilst Charles went back to Sandringham. Hmmm... to be a fly on the wall...

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Kind of seems like he flew out there uninvited. It probably would have looked better if he had asked to visit, made a schedule with his family, and then flew out. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Six weeks is when doctors tell you it is safe to resume most activities, specifically sexual activity. A high percentage of women who do, will experience pain. Postpartum is nowhere near done at six weeks.

(clipped for space)

A recent guideline advises pediatricians to check on mom‘s mental health for the first 2-3 years when she comes in to have baby checked. Because nobody else will. New mothers are neglected by the system.

I still remember a friend telling me about how she went back to work when her child was 6 weeks old. She was flat-out sobbing when she got to work, and she really isn't the type to cry in public. I wish we (in the US; I know some places are better off) had better options, and more realistic expectations for new parents.

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Added 1 thing
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

V

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Maybe She thought she could Magical pixie dream girl her way into changing 1000 years of protocol and tradition they are mostly happy with to make them “Modern” and thus get renown, praising accolades, power( either soft or real) and overshadow all the rest . 

I suspect this as well. And when she couldn’t, she struggled with it 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

To me what was most obvious was I could never, ever imagine Queen Elizabeth or now Queen Camilla ever coming out with that kind of comment in an official interview.  

For me it was the very beginning of paying closer attention to Meghan because it made me wonder what was behind it: true mistreatment, real callous behavior from others, attention hunger, slinging mud, what?  

That is what I noticed.   The comment was just not something that you hear from members of the RF on official tours / duties.   I remember thinking there's things going on behind the scenes here but not sure what.   At that point I did have sympathy for her, as tabloid press had really been terrible.   And she had experienced a lot of changes in a short time but still it got me wondering that other things might be at play there. 

16 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I noticed a number of times that she dressed in ways that went against established protocol.  For example wearing a different color other than what was protocol for the occasion like the green dress at the Commonwealth Day service.   At first I chalked it up to being new but by the time of Megxit, I suspected that she really wasn't trying.

It is a shame really.  I still think that she could have done a lot of good for the RF had she hung in there but seems she wanted out instead as did Harry.  

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

You need to pay attention to what I'm saying.  I did not say I disliked Meghan for one comment.  I said that interview was the first time I began noticing Meghan's behavior was "off."  No, I didn't use those exact words, but that's what I was trying to say.  

Do you read your own posts before you hit submit? Don't tell me to pay attention to what you're saying, when you didn't even use those words in your original post. It's one thing to come back and say, "Oh, perhaps I wasn't clear, this is what I meant". But telling me to pay attention when you were the one that didn't have a well thought out response is a choice. 💀

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 1

Twisting people's words is such a troll move and you dance that line more than you think.  In the second post I did state that I did not use those exact words..  You also did not use my exact words.  You implied something I never said or even hinted at.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Twisting people's words is such a troll move and you dance that line more than you think.  In the second post I did state that I did not use those exact words..  You also did not use my exact words.  You implied something I never said or even hinted at.  

Calling you out on your own poor response is not a troll move. If you have an issue with how I've responded to you, then say that. Tell me that I'm implying something you didn't mean.

I wouldn't say you've never hinted at it, though. In the last 17 threads of Harry and Meghan, you've made your dislike for them, particularly Meghan, pretty clear. I didn't think I was out of line for saying that you disliked her, judged off what you've said about her in the past.  

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2

*flexes fanfic muscles*  I don't think it's all that weird that they had such a short visit.  I mean it probably went something like this.

Charles: "Hello my boy, thank you for coming out, you really didn't need to..."

Harry: "Of course I came, Pa.  How are you? Do you have everything you need?"

Charles: "Yes, yes.  The doctors have been marvellous, really.  Everything's being taken care of.  Some more tests, and.." (waves hand vaguely)

awkward silence

Charles: "How is the family?"

Harry: "Good, great, everyone's fine.  Everyone's doing really well.  Meghan, and the kids..."

awkward silence

Charles: "Yes, well, excellent.  Glad to hear.  Love to see their pictures..." 

awkward silence

(I could go on for another 30 minutes, but I suspect it was a lot of that.)     

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Charles is grumpy when he doesn’t feel, like most people, and I expect the above conversation is pretty much on target.

He also wants peace in the family.

Ten minutes of peace is probably enough for him.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I feel like Charles at his best and most loving wouldn't be a "a happy reunion with my dear boy" sort of guy. And I image he's very very stressed out right now. 

One wonders if Harry just impulse flew out there. To me that seems like something he would do. Without consideration of the many many many many people on this planet who live far from dear relatives who get sick and can only zoom or call. Rich people doing rich people stuff ya know.

I think were it me I get a phone update and then make a steady plan to come out and visit for a multi week visit (assuming I were wanted).  One hopes it was a positive encounter just on the human side.

Any rumors about whether he might have met with his brother??

• Upvote 1

It was specifically stated that the brothers did't meet, William was off doing an investiture and something else.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic