IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 51

GreyhoundFan

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I still think he’s trying to channel Mike Score from A Flock of Seagulls. I half expect him to break out into a bad karaoke version of “I Ran” at one of his hate rallies. 
image.png.81adec54fc254a7e833e389aae0422c6.png

I wonder if he's using the blonder hair dye to accentuate the age difference between him and President Biden even though it's not very many years. You know his trope is that Biden is old and senile (or is my mom would say, pot meet kettle.)

• Upvote 5

Someone should put this up on the closest billboard to Malware-a-Tugjob. 

IMG_6310.thumb.jpeg.45d094bc4edb8d93f37bd9b3d951d3fd.jpegl

• Haha 5

image.png.c6cb263488e3852e089c82ca056a7ca1.png

"Trump Vermin"

If you don’t see the threat Donald Trump presents to this nation, then you’re betraying it. When I showed this cartoon to proofreader Laura today, as I do for every cartoon, she replied that this was more truth than satire and the cartoon made her “queasy,” which means it’s a good cartoon.

Alexandra Petri wrote in her column for The Washington Post before they yanked it (just kidding. It hasn’t been up long enough to be yanked), “I don’t mean to worry you, but people are running around with their hair on fire, saying they are suffering from intense, nauseating levels of déjà vu, and those people are historians. I don’t like seeing historians this stressed out. If something in my house has to emit an ominous beeping, I want it to be the alarm clock, not the smoke detector.” That’s good stuff.

A political leader might want to sound like presidents of the past who won our nation’s wars and defeated our fascist enemies while speaking on Veteran’s Day. But Donald Trump would rather sound like our fascist enemies.

During a speech on Veteran’s Day last Saturday, Trump said, “We pledge to you that we will root out the communists, Marxists, fascists and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country that lie and steal and cheat on elections. They’ll do anything, whether legally or illegally, to destroy America and to destroy the American Dream.”

And he didn’t stop there. He also said, “The threat from outside forces is far less sinister, dangerous, and grave than the threat from within. Our threat is from within. Because if you have a capable, competent, smart, tough leader, Russia, China, North Korea, they’re not going to want to play with us.”

As evidenced by the January 6 white nationalist terrorist attack to install losing candidate Donald Trump as an Oompa-Loompa fascist dictator, the threat is very much from within.

The threat is very much from within as that threat is Donald Trump becoming president (sic) again but in his second term (sic), not holding anything back and going full dictator on the nation. Trump and his team are planning on weaponizing the Justice Department to seek revenge on his enemies and critics, to deport millions of “illegal” aliens, and put millions of Americans into special camps.

These are plans. Trump wasn’t ad-libbing this shit. He was speaking from a teleprompter which means they put some thought into this, at least enough to write them all down unless someone’s playing a prank knowing Trump will read anything on the monitor, like Ron Burgundy. We would all feel a lot better if he had simply said, “Go fuck yourself, San Diego.”

When people complained that Trump was sounding like Hitler and Mussolini with his “vermin” talk, a spokesgoon for the campaign said, “Their entire existence will be crushed when President Trump returns to the White House.” The goon later tried to clean up the Nazi talk to defend Trump’s Nazi talk with the clarification of replacing “entire existence” with “their sad, miserable existence.” Yeah, that’s so much better.

When The New York Times asked the Trump Campaign about its future plans of raids, mass deportations, and bringing a hammer down on his critics and foes, the campaign redirected the Times inquiry to Stephen Baby Goebbels Miller, the architect of Trump’s immigration policy (fun stuff like family separation and putting kids in cages) during his first (and hopefully only) presidency (sic).

Baby Goebbels said while having a tiny erection, “Any activists who doubt President Trump’s resolve in the slightest are making a drastic error: Trump will unleash the vast arsenal of federal powers to implement the most spectacular migration crackdown. The immigration legal activists won’t know what’s happening.”

Baby Goebbels then described the tactic to overwhelm immigration lawyers and circumvent silly things like laws as a “blitz” which is another word that makes Nazi wannabes feel warm and squishy inside.

Typically when a person is compared to Nazis or Hitler for their political positions, it’s usually hyperbole and exaggerated. We used to say that as soon as the Hitler comparison came out, you lost the argument. But that was before Trump. When a guy starts goosestepping, it’s fair to point out the similarities to Nazis. If Trump is re-installed back into the White House, it’ll be Springtime for Trump.

It’s not hyperbole to claim Trump and his cult want to dismantle the Constitution and violate existing laws when they come out and say that’s exactly what they’re planning.

According to The Times, if Trump returns to office in 2025, he plans to “round up undocumented people already in the United States on a vast scale and detain them in sprawling camps while they wait to be expelled.” He also plans to “scour the country for unauthorized immigrants and deport people by the millions per year.”

The Times adds, “To implement mass deportations quickly, the Trump team is preparing an enormous expansion of a form of removal that does not require due process hearings. To help Immigration and Customs Enforcement carry out sweeping raids, they plan to reassign other federal agents and deputize local police officers and National Guard soldiers voluntarily contributed by Republican-run states.”

And, “To ease the strain on ICE detention facilities, Trump wants to build huge camps to detain people while their cases are processed and they await deportation flights. And to get around any refusal by Congress to appropriate the necessary funds, Mr. Trump would redirect money in the military budget, as he did in his first term to spend more on a border wall than Congress had authorized.”

Trump told the crowd at an Iowa hate rally back in September, “Following the Eisenhower model, we will carry out the largest domestic deportation operation in American history.” This was a reference to the 1954 campaign to round up and expel Mexican immigrants that was named for an ethnic slur, “Operation Wetback.”

Also in a second Trump administration (sic), The Times says “the visas of foreign students who participated in anti-Israel or pro-Palestinian protests would be canceled. U.S. consular officials abroad will be directed to expand ideological screening of visa applicants to block people the Trump administration considers to have undesirable attitudes. People who were granted temporary protected status because they are from certain countries deemed unsafe, allowing them to lawfully live and work in the United States, would have that status revoked.”

There’s more. “Similarly, numerous people who have been allowed to live in the country temporarily for humanitarian reasons would also lose that status and be kicked out, including tens of thousands of Afghans who were evacuated amid the 2021 Taliban takeover and allowed to enter the United States. Afghans holding special visas granted to people who helped U.S. forces would be revetted to see if they really did.”

And, Trump “would try to end birthright citizenship for babies born in the United States to undocumented parents — by proclaiming that policy to be the new position of the government and by ordering agencies to cease issuing citizenship-affirming documents like Social Security cards and passports to them.”

There’s also talk about sending Trump haters and anyone who challenges his “authority” to Guantanamo where the Yelp reviews for the sandwiches are not good.

For Trump to implement all his hate policies designed by Baby Goebbells, he would have to do away with courts and Congress. He’s also preparing to use the Justice Department for revenge and go after all the “vermin,” like me, who have criticized him. Help me, Pizza Rat!

When Trump cultists praise Trump and say he’s going to “make America great again” without providing any context or what makes him so great, what they’re really saying is, “Heil Trump.”

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

image.png.b68b376a26260083105cd2f1e00ec245.png

"Ethics and Hot Tubs"

The Supreme Court issued a “code of ethics” which is a first for the the highest court in the land but doesn’t actually insert a new ethics policy or guideline for the justices to follow.

The “code” doesn’t place any new guidelines on corrupt justices like Clarence Thomas, who has taken luxury vacations, loans for recreational vehicles, and tuition costs for family members, from billionaire buddies, with one of them also buying his mother’s house. They also don’t place guidelines on Samuel Alito who took a very expensive fishing excursion on the dime of a billionaire.

The justices wrote in the introduction of this code, “For the most part these rules and principles are not new. the absence of a Code has led in recent years to the misunderstanding that the Justices of this Court, unlike all other jurists in this country, regard themselves as unrestricted by any ethics rule.” But don’t they though?

Clarence seemed pretty unrestricted when he accepted a $500,00 yacht cruise. According to ProPublica, Clarence’s unrestricted gifts included at least 38 destination vacations, including a previously unreported voyage on a yacht around the Bahamas; 26 private jet flights, plus an additional eight by helicopter; a dozen VIP passes to professional and college sporting events, typically perched in the skybox; two stays at luxury resorts in Florida and Jamaica; and one standing invitation to an uber-exclusive golf club overlooking the Atlantic coast.

If the “code” allowed Clarence to accept all that, what the fuck did it restrict? A ride on Jeff Bezos’ rocket? No, it would allow that.

The new code was created “to dispel” this supposed “misunderstanding,” the justices write, and it “largely represents a codification of principles that we have long regarded as governing our conduct.” It codifies corruption.

So basically, the justices only created this “code” to clear up our misunderstanding, not to change anything. And since I’m “misunderstanding” this, then I wish the justices could explain it to me more simply. Explain it to me as though I view taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in gifts from billionaire assholes with interest and often cases before the court… as bribes.

Explain to me how Clarence taking an interest-free $267,000 loan without any payment schedule from a Republican benefactor instead of a bank isn’t a bribe.

There is no enforcement of any rules in this “code.” For example, it states that justices are to decide when they need to recuse themselves from a case. For example, if the goon who gave Sammy a $100,000 fishing vacation in a lodge that costs $1,000 a night and treated him with $1,000 bottles of wine has a case before the court, it’s up to Sammy to decide if he should recuse himself.

Ginni Thomas, Clarence’s wife, was involved in Donald Trump’s attempt to illegally steal the election he lost to President Joe Biden. When that case came before the Supreme Court, it was left to Clarence to decide if he should recuse himself or not. Guess what he didn’t do.

Clarence didn’t recuse himself from hearing the case involving his wife’s attempt to steal an election because there’s no real code that would have forced him to do the right thing.

If these guys can’t clearly see when they need to recuse themselves from cases involving people they literally sleep with (assuming Clarence sleeps with Ginni…ew), or that taking bribes is wrong, then they shouldn’t be on the court. If any of these justices believe the problem is our “misunderstanding,” then they shouldn’t be on the court.

And while Thomas and Alito are the most corrupt members of the court, all nine are guilty with this excuse of a code that allows any of them to be corrupt. All nine, yes, even the liberals, signed this.

Who do these corrupt justices think they are to receive bribes while they’re in office, Donald Trump?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Screenshot2023-11-15at7_47_47PM.thumb.png.8ac412eb3f8a27911d6a49fa33bd4019.png d

I HATE that piece of shit.  I really do.  There.  I fucking said it.  It's either that or having a whole goddamn fucking series or heart attacks, seizures, strokes, aneurysms, and/or attacks of constipation.

• Upvote 6

Some good, and very FJish, stuff about Tim Scott dropping out and Mike Johnson's use of Covenant eyes in this monologue:

Spoiler

• Haha 5

Reposting this from the Virginia thread per @Xan's request. One of the most eloquent speeches by a member of the public I've ever heard. Just listen...

• Love 6

noshitsherlock.jpg.de419ccc085783483b7ae56b3fb190f0.jpg

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic