IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 51

GreyhoundFan

image.png.dbec21c7512c6f1b1d618acd62ead78b.png

"Trump 3000"https://claytoonz.com/2023/11/28/trump-3000/

Trump has boasted that Russia didn’t invade Ukraine when he was president, as if Vladimir Putin is afraid of him. But the fact is, Putin has Trump’s tiny orange balls in his coat pocket. The only reason Russia didn’t invade Ukraine while Trump was president is because they didn’t have to. Trump was doing Putin’s bidding in attempting to weaken or even destroy NATO and invading Ukraine at that time would have undermined plan one. After Trump lost the 2020 election, Putin invaded Ukraine because that nation had a clearer path to joining NATO. Putin can’t invade a NATO country as it would start a war with every nation that’s a member of it. Invading Ukraine was Putin’s backup plan.

Anyone who thinks Putin didn’t invade Ukraine during the Trump presidency (sic) doesn’t know Borsch about foreign policy.

Hamas attacking Israel doesn’t have anything to do with weakness in the Biden administration. In fact, the attack may have been set in motion when Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Anyone who believes Trump could have prevented Hamas’ attack on Israel doesn’t know crap about the Middle East.

Donald Trump and Republicans love to cry that we have an “open border.” They blame President Biden for refugees entering our nation. But the claim our border is open is a lie. Immigrants wouldn’t have to sneak into our nation if our border was open. They wouldn’t be dying in semi-trailers from heat stroke if we had an open border. Remember during the Trump presidency (sic), Trump claimed George Soros was funding migrant caravans to “invade” our nation. So remember, anything Trump says about immigration, or anything else for that matter, is a lie.

Anyone who believes we have an open border doesn’t know shit about immigration.

I am kinda expecting Donald Trump to blame President Biden for one of the greatest rappers in history leaving rap to make a flute album. And honestly, this is kind of a travesty. Have you ever listened to Outkast? They’re incredible and Andre 3000 was half of that. Before last week, has anyone in history ever said, “Golly, I’d love to hear an Andre 3000 flute album.”? I don’t think so. This is almost as bad as when Michael Jordan quit basketball to play minor league baseball in Alabama.

Every critic raving about Andre’s new album, his first in about a decade, has probably never listened to a flute album before in their entire career. The last time they heard a flute solo was from Ron Burgundy. Sometimes, I think critics give a review they feel have to give before they’ve even heard the music. I this a feel-good story? Does the public want to hear praise for an album such as this? I bet every music reviewer loves Kiss but giving them a half-decent review would lose them cool points with the other critics. Sure, most music by Kiss does suck (especially 80s-keyboard Kiss. Listen to “Crazy Nights” and you will want to kill yourself…or cleanse your brain with Andre’s flute album), but everybody loves “New York Groove” and “I Was Made For Loving You,” even if they don’t tell anybody. Yes, I know “New York Groove” was on Ace’s solo album but it’s part of the Kiss discography.

I bet music critics love professional wrestling too and watch it in secret.

Donald Trump’s plan to stop the war in Ukraine is…he hasn’t told us. His plan for peace in the Middle East is…he hasn’t told us but it probably involves Saudi Arabia giving Jared another $2 billion and giving Trump more Liv Golf tournaments at Club Bedbugs. His plan to “close” our border is the same as the first one, separate families and throw kids into cages. At least there are probably fewer bedbugs in the cages than there are at Trump Doral.

At any rate, I’m not ready yet to blame President Biden for Andre’s flute album but if we talk about it too much, Republicans may find it to be another reason for impeachment.

By the way, go find the “Hey Ya” acoustic version that was featured on Scrubs. It’s kinda beautiful.

• Thank You 2

image.png.74c1ea9f9bcf792533f628ec5ca4c8d5.png

"Sympathy For The Devil"

What a drag it is getting old.

Many years ago when I was much younger, I was a bit of a stinker. OK, I still am, but back then, I made fun of old people for the simple act of getting old. I used to tease one of my editors, Rupert, back when I worked at The Panolian (my first newspaper job) in Mississippi about his age, and when he hit the ripe old age of 40, I pulled a prank on him.

This was back when I thought 37 was ancient which was Rupert’s age when he hired me. So the night before his 40th birthday, I went to the newspaper building after hours and placed a walker I had gotten ahold of and put it in his office with balloons attached. I think I may have also left a card. When he discovered the walker the next morning, he thought it was hilarious and laughed and laughed and laughed.

OK, maybe that last part isn’t true, but he didn’t fire me and everyone else in the building got a big laugh out of it. But now at my age, I’m thinking maybe it wasn’t that funny. Now when I meet a 40-year-old, I think, “You lucky son of a bitch.”

So I don’t begrudge Pete Townsend for writing, “I hope I die before I get old” because he wrote it before he thought he’d ever get old. He wrote it when he was young and believed he was invincible. I also don’t hold it against Mick Jagger for a quote in a 1975 People Magazine article, “I’d rather be dead than sing Satisfaction when I’m 45.” Mick was 31 when he made that statement and for Mick, 31 was a long time ago. Hell, I feel that 31 was a long time ago for me.

Mick Jagger is 80 years old and if you listen to critics of President Joe Biden, then 80 is too old to do much of anything other than eat prunes and shout at squirrels…unless you’re Mick Jagger.

Mick and The Rolling Stones just released a new album and the first single from it, “Angry,” isn’t half bad. Now, the Stones will hit the road in April for a 16-city tour across the U.S. and Canada. Among the hits mentioned on the website that concert attendees can expect to hear is…Satisfaction.

The Stones aren’t pretending they’re young. They know they’re old and in fact, the tour is being sponsored by the AARP. It’s not ironic that the Stones are old and being sponsored by the organization formerly titled the American Association of Retired Persons. The AARP sponsoring the Stones’ tour is good marketing and the band knowing its audience. Eligibility to join the AARP starts at 50, which doesn’t seem very old anymore. Green Day, Pearl Jam, and the Foo Fighters can join the AARP. The only thing ironic about the AARP sponsoring the Rolling Stones is that the Rolling Stones are not retired. In fact, I’m a member even though I’m not retired.

I don’t expect President Biden to do a 16-city rock tour with Keith Richards, but he’d have a much better shot at pulling it off than Donald Trump, who’s only three years younger than the president but in much worse health. Donald Trump needs to take a golf cart to get to his golf cart.

Old Man Biden can’t sing and dance around like Mick, but what he can do is rescue the economy that Donald Trump destroyed. Old Man Biden can add 13.2 million jobs. Old Man Biden can roll out vaccines for COVID just a couple months after taking office despite the previous administration not leaving any plans for it whatsoever. Old Man Biden can get Congress to pass a $1 trillion infrastructure bill, which Trump promised but never delivered. Old Man Biden can increase the size of NATO. Old Man Biden can rally and lead the free world to support Ukraine from an illegal Russian invasion. Old Man Biden can lower the cost of prescription drugs. Old Man Biden can put the first Black woman on the Supreme Court. And Old Man Biden can kick Donald Trump’s ass because he did it once before.

Old Man Trump can’t climb stairs. Hopefully, there’ll be a golf cart to take him to his prison cell. That would be a gas gas gas.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

image.png.4f2761ac4155f73adf2d06b3db33c3ef.png

"MAGA Hangry"

Shortly after the Trump insurrection attempt in which he sent white nationalist terrorists to attack the Capitol on January 6 to stop the certification of the 2020 election he had just lost, Kevin McCarthy blamed Trump.

McCarthy played tough guy and told some gathered Republican colleagues the story of how he told Trump over the phone that it was all his fault and shame on him. Kevin thought he was ahead of the polls and the Republican Party was going to denounce Trump and move on to more traditional type Republicans. But Kevin underestimated and when he saw Republican voters were still standing by Trump and putting the cult over the nation, Kevin stopped playing tough game.

As we saw during the 15 votes for him to become Speaker of the House, Kevin has no integrity. It wasn’t important to him how he became Speaker or what power he truly yielded, as long as he became Speaker. He had a huge shit-eating grin on his face after the 15th vote, not caring that he had made too many deals to be a Speaker with any integrity. He didn’t care that there wasn’t enough genuine support for him to be Speaker. He didn’t care that the check for his Speakership would arrive in less than a year.

And he displayed that he’s a sniveling coward without integrity back in 2020 when he saw the GOP was still a cult and knowing he’d never be Speaker without Trump’s support, he promptly ran down to Mar-a-Lago to kiss Trump’s ass.

According to her new book, Oath and Honor, Liz Cheney asked Kevin shortly after his return, “Mar-a-Lago? What the hell, Kevin?”

Kevin replied, “They’re really worried. Trump’s not eating, so they asked me to come see him.”

“What? You went to Mar-a-Lago because Trump’s not eating?” Cheney responded.

“Yeah, he’s really depressed,” said Kevin.

At the time, McCarthy claimed he went to Mar-a-Lago to unite the party. But was it because Trump was really depressed or was it just an excuse to get Liz off his back?

But it does make sense because any time I feel depressed, the only thing that can cheer me up is a pep talk from Kevin McCarthy. I can only imagine how many people he’s talked off ledges and after Joe Biden won the election, it must have been thousands.

But I’m wondering why Trump was depressed? Was it because he lost the election, lost the attempt to steal it, or the insurrection didn’t work?

Maybe he was depressed because the McRib hadn’t returned yet. Maybe he was depressed because Stormy wouldn’t return his calls. Maybe he’s depressed because Putin won’t return his calls. Maybe he was depressed because Donald Trump Jr does return his calls. Maybe he’s depressed because there will be no more love letters from Kim Jong Un. Maybe he was depressed because he wouldn’t be able to grift taxpayers as much as could while president (sic). Maybe he was depressed because the Saudis gave Jared $2 billion and not to him. Maybe he’s depressed Ivanka is his daughter and society would frown on them dating. Maybe he was depressed because none of the classified documents he stole revealed if Oompa-Loompas were real or not. Maybe he was depressed because he has a Trump penis. Maybe he’s depressed because he knew even back then that he was probably going to prison.

I’m not that worried about Trump’s depression because judging from his mug shot, it doesn’t look like he’s starving.

According to Cheney’s book, Republicans mocked McCarthy for sucking up to Trump, using the “you complete me” line from Jerry Maguire.” Cheney wrote that Republican Mark Green said “sheepishly to no one in particular, ‘The things we do for the Orange Jesus.’” And while they may have mocked McCarthy for his lack of a backbone, none of them did it publicly.

What will really depress me is if somehow Donald Trump retakes the White House. I need a sandwich.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 11/27/2023 at 10:02 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.811595cf8485ece2c81777ac99b80474.png

"Hate Cake"

I recently came across a comment where someone pointed out that Pope Francis is another head of state who is older than Biden is now and practically no one accuses of senility.  Well, extremist nutjobs like Vigano, Burke, or St. Pius X memebers might but practically no one else does.

Also, I just saw this on FB.

LtrToGrandpa.thumb.png.993fb4892934431689fc1b865087fc36.png

I'm just glad none of my grandparents lived long enough to see that FUCK as President of the United States.  Especially my paternal granddad who served in World War II.  He would've died of shame if he had lived long enough to see that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic