IGNORED

Trump 64: He's Finally In Front Of A Judge

GreyhoundFan

I am very much looking forward to someday only hearing the former guy's name in terms of an example of what not to do, and in how his damage to the country is being repaired.

3 hours ago, Becky said:

Aw, is poor widdle Donny having trouble going sleepy-bye?  I'll bet AG James and Judge Engoron sleep just fine.  

(Is it bad that I am amused by the thought of him sitting around his golden palace in a cold sweat, hair askew, typing on his phone like a madman?)

I half wonder if his lawyers haven't managed to stop his posting largely because they can use his ramblings in an insanity defense if push comes to shove. It's starting to sound like even he is trying to figure out how to use the "too dumb to know better" defense without admitting that he's an idiot. 

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, Becky said:

Is it bad that I am amused by the thought of him sitting around his golden palace in a cold sweat, hair askew, typing on his phone like a madman?

Not at all. The schadenfreude I feel at the mere thought of him scared shitless and sweating bullets knows no bounds. :GPn0zNK:

Anyways, any bets on how many times Junior will invoke the fifth today? If you want to count along, Forbes has a running commentary on the court proceedings on its website.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

There goes his defense that he truly believed he had won. Prepare for a slew of even more unhinged Trump posts.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

22 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

There goes his defense that he truly believed he had won. Prepare for a slew of even more unhinged Trump posts.

A couple people on the liberal side of the spectrum have pointed out that the orange fornicate is making unhinged posts in the dead of night.  I think in one case they said one of the Truth unSocial posts was right after midnight and in another case around 4:00am.  (Yeah 15 years ago staying up past midnight and close to 1:00am was a regular thing for me but now it's a late night if I'm awake much past 10:30pm.  But of course that was when I worked almost exclusively 2nd shift.  Once I went to 1st shift as part of transitioning to supervisor then I was going to bed a lot earlier).  

• Upvote 1

I'm unclear on why "I thought I won" is any kind of defense....Even if he 100% thought he won it doesn't mean you can stage a coup.

This is like "I thought my friend stole my laptop, so I broke into their house and stole a laptop" 

breaking into somebody else's house and stealing things is not allowed no matter what you thought about it.

• Upvote 8

He’s looking extra rough. 
image.thumb.png.4d08a559e34164a8300eeba57f7c6399.png

• Haha 11

He's at it again this morning.

Spoiler

Screenshot(16487).png.e204ba30e4b935797db6e4586b761a40.png

Donny's just going to keep saying that Mar-a-Lago is worth a billion dollars until people start repeating it as fact.  

I wonder what he means by "they want to settle"?

• Upvote 6

Donald doesn't like the press coverage and the Judge is hurting Donald's "very good children".

Spoiler

Screenshot(16490).png.a1ebf14ae6bf88a27aa5c3a0b2131852.pngScreenshot(16491).png.62de303255b9134976976bdca9489914.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5

On 11/1/2023 at 10:02 AM, Alisamer said:

I am very much looking forward to someday only hearing the former guy's name in terms of an example of what not to do, and in how his damage to the country is being repaired.

I half wonder if his lawyers haven't managed to stop his posting largely because they can use his ramblings in an insanity defense if push comes to shove. It's starting to sound like even he is trying to figure out how to use the "too dumb to know better" defense without admitting that he's an idiot. 

The premise of an insanity defense though is some form of serious mental illness of which he does not have. (To phrase it differently, he is a difficult and unhinged man and likely does qualify for one or more DSM diagnoses, just not of the type that would be useful in an insanity defense.)

• Upvote 6

Did Ronnie call him “sir”?

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

Judge Engoron just expanded the gag order to include the orange fuck's attorneys.

The judge overseeing Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial has expanded a gag order in the trial to extend to Trump’s attorneys after continued lengthy discussions about the judge’s communications with his law clerk during court this week.

In a written order Friday, Judge Arthur Engoron prohibited Trump’s attorneys from making any further comments about confidential communications between the judge and his staff inside or outside of the courtroom.

“Since the commencement of this bench trial, my chambers have been inundated with hundreds of harassing and threatening phone calls, voicemails, emails, letters and packages. The First Amendment right of defendants and their attorneys to comment on my staff is far and away outweighed by the need to protect them from threats and physical harm,” the judge wrote.

The judge said violating the order would result in “serious sanctions.”

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

I wish this judge could influence others that one's XYZ amendment rights do not outweigh the need to protect people from harm. what a fucking society.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:01 PM, Xan said:

Now he's after Maggie Haberman.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot(16406).png.1dd6d272c5c3f01c3b374da47494bb5d.png

What?  Does he honestly think calling her "Maggot" is going to destroy her or cause her to stop writing about him?  I imagine he struts around Mar-a-Lago patting himself on the back for making up the meanest nicknames for people and thinking about how funny they are.

It's taken me a week of thinking about this off and on to return and post. While I figure Maggie has a fairly thick skin, it sickens me that T is calling her that disgusting name.

In the interest of taking the high road - I would really like to see an end to posts on here that add "t" to the end of MAGA in reference to followers of T. It feels hypocritical.

Disclaimer: This post is not directed at Xan, nor any specific poster.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, apple1 said:

In the interest of taking the high road - I would really like to see an end to posts on here that add "t" to the end of MAGA in reference to followers of T. It feels hypocritical.

I agree.  I've never been able to add the t to MAGA anyway.  It just didn't make sense.  I will, however, continue to call Donald anything that comes to mind because I'm just that thoroughly disgusted with him.

Donald got a shout out from Roseanne Barr and he wished her happy birthday.  He's now headed to the Florida Freedom Summit in Orlando.  Calling it a Freedom Summit is some seriously Orwellian doublespeak.

• Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, Xan said:

I agree.  I've never been able to add the t to MAGA anyway.  It just didn't make sense.  I will, however, continue to call Donald anything that comes to mind because I'm just that thoroughly disgusted with him.

Donald got a shout out from Roseanne Barr and he wished her happy birthday.  He's now headed to the Florida Freedom Summit in Orlando.  Calling it a Freedom Summit is some seriously Orwellian doublespeak.

I would say that I agree with you completely - most of all about the ridiculously mis-named "Freedom" Summit.

• Upvote 4

Again with the windmills…

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 2

TFG is bigly mad that Kim didn’t bend the knee:

• Upvote 6

The whales is weird battle. Do republicans care about the whales? 

What a world when one candidate can post such threatening things about another politician and it's just ....nothing.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Now Donny's saying that Letitia James is backed by Soros.  I hope Soros sues him for this somehow.

Spoiler

Screenshot(16562).png.562e4165f2264566de08a657ae08aa85.png

• Eyeroll 6

Somebody is feeling extra pissy today that he has to go to court.  I'm just curious myself as to how high the value of Mar-a-Lago is going to be.  Will he say it's worth $3 billion?  $4 billion?

Spoiler

Screenshot(16570).png.6e403f45666efb7b1d2b2880aed6984c.png

• Upvote 7

Apparently, TFG is on the witness stand and the judge has already had to admonish him to answer the questions.  He looked at the judge and said, "He always rules against me" and the judge has reminded Donny's lawyers that this isn't a political rally and they need to control their client.  The judge has also told him to move along.  These are answers -- not speeches.

TFG is insisting that the disclaimers that he had inserted into all his financial documents protects him from responsibility about property values.  I guess he can just make up numbers and the lenders have to decide if those numbers are close to reality.  

James did address the press outside earlier and said that TFG would say it was a witch hunt and call her racist but that "the numbers don't lie".

• Thank You 10

Here's a link to a running commentary by Lisa Rubin on Trump's testimony.

The fact that the case visibly irks Trump pleases me so, so much.

Engoron became fed up with Trump's political speechifying-- and Kise is an asshole.

• Thank You 8

Engoron becomes more than fed up with Trump. "I will excuse him and draw every negative inference." Ouch.

:pb_eek:

Lisa is now contributing her commentary on MSNBC's live blog.

• Thank You 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic