IGNORED

CarVan 14: The Abeka Boxes Have Started to Arrive

nelliebelle1197

Oh yes there was a bump pic! I forgot. These fundies have to take bump pics no matter what. It’s a fertility cult after all.,

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh yes there was a bump pic! I forgot. These fundies have to take bump pics no matter what. It’s a fertility cult after all.,

IIRC It was an awkward one where Josie was kind of leaning her stomach away rather than into Erin’s, like just getting it over with not to be rude.

• Upvote 2

I think Michael would never actually pick a side. She is basically Kelly Jr and Kelly would never pick a side. But I could see Tori picking Erin’s side. Alyssa lives in Florida and so does Erin, but she has always lived so far from TN that she probably doesn’t have to pick a side. That’s what I have always liked about living over an hour away from my hometown full of my family. They can have their squabbles and I’m too far away to constantly be brought into it. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Michael would never actually pick a side. She is basically Kelly Jr and Kelly would never pick a side. But I could see Tori picking Erin’s side. Alyssa lives in Florida and so does Erin, but she has always lived so far from TN that she probably doesn’t have to pick a side. That’s what I have always liked about living over an hour away from my hometown full of my family. They can have their squabbles and I’m too far away to constantly be brought into it. 

I feel this. I have an insane family, and being pretty far away from most of them is FANTASTIC. They can have their drama. I'm just over here at my house looking at profane teepublic.com tanktops, sipping bubbly, and obeying my cats' orders.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kiki03910 said:

I feel this. I have an insane family, and being pretty far away from most of them is FANTASTIC. They can have their drama. I'm just over here at my house looking at profane teepublic.com tanktops, sipping bubbly, and obeying my cats' orders.

I think it’s funny how so many influencers and social media personalities act like they are just one big happy family. It’s literally impossible with a family of 19 kids and spouses and children to get along all the time. People act like kids are the only siblings who fight. Yeah right. Adults siblings can and do have arguments, disagreements, fights, and cut each other off all the damn time. All this to say social media is fake. Yes, we can see the truth slip through the cracks sometimes. But the majority of this stuff is just fluff. About 10% of reality is on social media. If I’m being generous. I’m sure there are tons that none of us are aware of going on behind the scenes that can get very messy. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

The younger set (Ellie, Addee, Warden, etc) are always flying down to Alyssa’s. I wonder if they ever fly to help Erin or even stop by to say hello since they’re in the area. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/14/2023 at 2:50 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I went to a giant pumpkin festival in Goffstown, NH in 2006 (I think) and it was amazing.  They hollowed out some of the massive pumpkins and decorated them and put outboard motors on them to turn them into boats.  Then notable town people like the first selectman, high school principal, etc all motored around in the river throwing water balloons at each other.  Truly inspiring stuff.

Oh do

you have photos? 

On 10/15/2023 at 12:48 PM, SoSoNosy said:

Something around 30 years ago, my daughter and her husband decided to boycott Disney (I think it had to do with the early Gay Days); no Disney movies at their house, etc.  But they would come to our house all the time, where we had cable and lots of Disney DVD's and their little girl drowned in Disney.  I thought it was hilarious, but managed to keep my mouth shut so they didn't realize I was on to them.  Then a few months later the Disney stores started coming out with high quality princess costumes; I bought every one, including all the accessories.  She wore them and loved them.  We have taken  their three kids to WDW twice, and they took their girls once (boy was in love and didn't want to go, he stayed with me).

Adopt me please. I’ll go to wdw and let you buy me dresses. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

@AussieKrissy not quite what @GuineaPigCourtship was talking about, and not so hilarious, but maybe this, from Belgium, will whet your appetite for giant pumpkin boats…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-67188609

and editing to say, that when I watched the clip of them carving out the seeds from the massive pumpkins I was sad not to be there. My boys (rats) love pumpkin seeds, but too many pumpkins these days are almost seedless :( especially the ones they also like to nibble on. They‘d‘ve been in heaven ripping out and stashing those pumpkin innards, lol. 

Edited by Zebedee
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Zebedee said:

and editing to say, that when I watched the clip of them carving out the seeds from the massive pumpkins I was sad not to be there. My boys (rats) love pumpkin seeds, but too many pumpkins these days are almost seedless :( especially the ones they also like to nibble on. They‘d‘ve been in heaven ripping out and stashing those pumpkin innards, lol. 

Not related to pumpkin boats OR rats but I love this video of sunbears working on a giant pumpkin:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 8

On 10/23/2023 at 2:47 PM, MariaariaM said:

Not related to pumpkin boats OR rats but I love this video of sunbears working on a giant pumpkin:

I love sun bears. Their ears being tiny and flat unlike other bears makes them endearing. And their little white bib is cute too. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 10/20/2023 at 1:13 AM, justmy2cents said:

I could have sworn there was a bump pic of Erin with Josie. Maybe it was only in Erin's stories. She does seem to get along with Josie. And there was a pic with Katie sometime in the last year. Probably the holidays.

Josie posted it first and then Erin added in her stories after she made the post and didn’t include it. But the two of them do get along. 

On 10/20/2023 at 7:45 AM, justmy2cents said:

IIRC It was an awkward one where Josie was kind of leaning her stomach away rather than into Erin’s, like just getting it over with not to be rude.

Eh. I am not  sure I would call it awkward or Josie leaning away. Josie always stands in ways that emphasize her booty. I

2D0F9C3A-FAB0-414B-8EA1-798AD02500FE.jpeg

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

I’m sure Erin and Josie get along just fine. I don’t think they’ve had the falling out. I think it’s just awkward amongst the sisters because of it. Like if Josie and Carlin are chatting and laughing together, Erin won’t go and join them. She will wait until Josie isn’t with Carlin to get a pic and chat. Same for some of the other sisters that are close. And I assume Erin is the same way with Whitney. Even though they are just sisters in law. I haven’t seen a picture of them together in a very long time. Just like Carlin. I assume all the sisters know there’s a rift and know it’s an uncomfortable part of everyone getting together. I know this from personal experience. I’ve been to plenty of family reunions where there are rifts among certain family members and everyone knows it. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure Erin and Josie get along just fine. I don’t think they’ve had the falling out. I think it’s just awkward amongst the sisters because of it. Like if Josie and Carlin are chatting and laughing together, Erin won’t go and join them. She will wait until Josie isn’t with Carlin to get a pic and chat. Same for some of the other sisters that are close. And I assume Erin is the same way with Whitney. Even though they are just sisters in law. I haven’t seen a picture of them together in a very long time. Just like Carlin. I assume all the sisters know there’s a rift and know it’s an uncomfortable part of everyone getting together. I know this from personal experience. I’ve been to plenty of family reunions where there are rifts among certain family members and everyone knows it. 

I think Whitney is part of the rift. It seems to have started with the boutique. 

honestly, with that many kids and spouses, the drama must be exhausting. My mom’s family has 8 kids and the drama was never ending. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

On 10/20/2023 at 7:47 AM, Kiki03910 said:

Just to add, maybe others aren't feeling so well. We are here for you. Don't hesitate to hit me up.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

New video up. Family was sick. They spare us pictures of them throwing up, but tell us more than we need to know. It’s OK to skip days, Evan. Layla fell and hit her chin, necessitating a trip to the ER. Poor kid, she’s worried they’ll give her shots. 

Then they start putting up Christmas decorations. Carlin and Layla are wearing matching pink Christmas PJs with feather trim. Evan shows us a battery organizer he invested in last year and says, “I’m so pleased with myself for that.” Me: “cut ‘for that’ off the end of that sentence, and you’ll be accurate.” 

Not one mention of Tesla, which may be a first.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

hahah thanks for the recap. I saw the thumbnail. I KNOW it's clickbait. I say to myself they probably just have some run of the mill sickness nobody else would mention except to say "yeah slow week, we've been sick"

I somehow actually listened to myself this time....here it is late at night. I'm feeling pretty tired and my resolve is low. I might have actually watched it but you've saved me, @postscript

I want to know what idiotic things they are doing. And yet, I feel like I've been a happier person these past few weeks when I quit watching them.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I know their videos will be boring and clickbaity, but I tend to watch when I’m bored or tired. I mostly watch because the kids are cute, and I fast forward when Evan is at his most irritating. He and Lawson are both way too fond of listening to themselves talk. 

Also watched the camping video last week, but it wasn’t particularly memorable. Both they and Zach and Whitney took way too much expensive camping equipment for what was effectively a 2-night stay in a campground already full of amenities. Zach did the cooking, the kids seem to have spent most of their time at the playground, and the adults spent theirs lounging around the campfire. 

• Upvote 2

I was very susceptible to Saturday afternoon tired zone out watching.  But lately I've managed to do other things- Well now that I think about it I've been watching the Israel/hamas news every weekend.  But I think I reached a "can't deal with this point" when they started bombing more civilians and now I've had to stop watching that stuff, so I guess I'm more tempted this weekend.

------

Evan's weird with his camping thing. He seems to feel he *ought* to go camping despite being a eat everything at fast food/restaurants, comfort all the time, constantly check my hair, sitting in a backyard of nothing but grass is satisfying sort of guy/family.

I notice that since their hospital stay their viewer numbers have gone up a bit. I expect they'll go back down when people realize nothing ever happens on that channel that hasn't already happened 20x.

When I think of all the things I'd love to do if I had better health....and see them just shopping and eating and shopping....it's depressing. Use your youth and health and do something valuable, interesting, challenging, educational....something!

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
had a thought
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

When I think of all the things I'd love to do if I had better health....and see them just shopping and eating and shopping....it's depressing. Use your youth and health and do something valuable, interesting, challenging, educational....something!

Absolutely agree!   I know its trite, but they won't be young and fit forever.

• Upvote 5

On 11/5/2023 at 6:47 AM, postscript said:

Yeah, I know their videos will be boring and clickbaity, but I tend to watch when I’m bored or tired. I mostly watch because the kids are cute, and I fast forward when Evan is at his most irritating. He and Lawson are both way too fond of listening to themselves talk. 

Also watched the camping video last week, but it wasn’t particularly memorable. Both they and Zach and Whitney took way too much expensive camping equipment for what was effectively a 2-night stay in a campground already full of amenities. Zach did the cooking, the kids seem to have spent most of their time at the playground, and the adults spent theirs lounging around the campfire. 

It was essentially one expensive trip to the playground. I'm not a camping person. I am the first to say that if you ever get a message that I am enjoying myself out in wilderness or at a campground - send help - it's code for me being kidnapped. 

If you want to do a get away, go rent a cabin. They dropped a ton on that AirBNB or VRBO in Orlando. You don't have to camp because that is what you've been taught to do as children. (Here's a hint - Gil and Kelly did that rather than actually rent a hotel. At least they had Zach to cook for them. Whitney looked bored to death 98% of the time in the video. 

It might do better to have Zach (and Evan if he insisted) take some of the older kids (Bradley, Kaci) camping overnight while Carlin and Whitney did more of a slumber party with the rest of the kids. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

It was essentially one expensive trip to the playground. I'm not a camping person. I am the first to say that if you ever get a message that I am enjoying myself out in wilderness or at a campground - send help - it's code for me being kidnapped. 

If you want to do a get away, go rent a cabin. They dropped a ton on that AirBNB or VRBO in Orlando. You don't have to camp because that is what you've been taught to do as children. (Here's a hint - Gil and Kelly did that rather than actually rent a hotel. At least they had Zach to cook for them. Whitney looked bored to death 98% of the time in the video. 

It might do better to have Zach (and Evan if he insisted) take some of the older kids (Bradley, Kaci) camping overnight while Carlin and Whitney did more of a slumber party with the rest of the kids. 

I’m not a camping person either, so it’s hard for me to judge what’s normal on these outings. But I would have expected them to at least go for one hike, try some campfire food (other than s’mores) with the kids, or fish in a local creek (hey, Evan! More toys for you to purchase!). Everything they did could have been done in Zach and Whitney’s back yard. 

This just seemed like an opportunity for them to acquire expensive camping equipment that probably won’t get used more than once a year. Evan and Carlin were lusting after some fancy tent that attached to the top of Zach and Whitney’s car. They like their creature comforts. I don’t see them lying outside in sleeping bags, staring at the stars. 

• Upvote 5