IGNORED

CarVan 14: The Abeka Boxes Have Started to Arrive

nelliebelle1197

15 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I agree there's no way they'll do a real elimination diet. I have friends with a child with an overwhelming number of food sensitivities and food allergies (of the anaphylactic version). Their lives revolve around making safe food. Everything's from scratch to the point that they need to know the specifics of the soil things are grown in and what food their meat was fed. It's been life altering and the vigilance never stops. 

I feel for your friends. Our younger dog has many food and environmental allergies. She has off the chart allergies to all meat proteins. Trying to safely feed her is a daily concern, as nothing seems to work for the long term. I will not discuss the $$$$.  I can not imagine having to work through this with a child. 

• Love 5

15 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Health issues are no laughing matter...and yet I had a chuckle at the idea of these two doing an elimination diet.

They seem to eat out for most of their meals and eat pre made type foods when they eat at home.  Eliminating single ingredients is very very hard unless you make your own food, and even then probably still is.

Eliminating sugar is awful. I have some health issues and I eliminated sugar and did feel better but good grief. I ultimately decided it wasn't worth it to get rid of all sugar. Miserable 6 months. And as somebody who hates cooking and is vegan, it was just impossible to maintain without massive and constant pre planning.

Maybe Evan will take up cooking. He's always worried about his weight so it would make sense to expand to cooking healthy.

I agree that they won't do it or at least won't stick to it. But it will be worth a video or two of content where Carlin fixes her hair as Evan drives the Tesla through drive-throughs and orders Chick-fil-A because it is from Jesus and is healthy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I feel for your friends. Our younger dog has many food and environmental allergies. She has off the chart allergies to all meat proteins. Trying to safely feed her is a daily concern, as nothing seems to work for the long term. I will not discuss the $$$$.  I can not imagine having to work through this with a child. 

This is by far the scariest part of it. What was safe last year may be potentially deadly today. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Giraffe said:

This is by far the scariest part of it. What was safe last year may be potentially deadly today. 

I can’t imagine how they could ever leave that child out of their physical care. Every time we travel we get the message about a flaireup. Thankfully, our vet prescribes “on hand” meds and instructions on what to start when, based on current condition. Thankfully our girl has never had anaphylaxis-

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Because I can't help myself - dog food allergies are different than humans, in that dogs develop allergies over time based on exposure.  They don't get anaphylaxis type food reactions (THANK GOD) but generally have GI signs like vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss or derm issues like itching that leads to skin infections, ear infections, and anal gland issues.  Some unlucky dogs get both.  My dog had environmental allergies and food allergies so she was on a special restricted diet AND the pricey allergy meds.  Allergies are such a massive PITA.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Because I can't help myself - dog food allergies are different than humans, in that dogs develop allergies over time based on exposure.  They don't get anaphylaxis type food reactions (THANK GOD) but generally have GI signs like vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss or derm issues like itching that leads to skin infections, ear infections, and anal gland issues.  Some unlucky dogs get both.  My dog had environmental allergies and food allergies so she was on a special restricted diet AND the pricey allergy meds.  Allergies are such a massive PITA.

My girl has all of the above symptoms. She has been on the prescription, hydrolyzed protein food (10 months) and still gets break through symptoms, mainly diarrhea and ear issues. Her skin and hair issues are very much improved on this diet. The one weird thing is, she never loses an ounce, although maybe that could be attributed to her low energy levels. I thought for sure she was hypothyroid, but I had her tested via 2 different tests and she is not.  Also, she is the sweetest, best tempered Golden that we’ve ever had. She has had a course of Apoquell and we have discussed allergy meds. Are those more specific for environmental allergies? Her food allergies were more off the charts vs the environmental ones.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I went to a giant pumpkin festival in Goffstown, NH in 2006 (I think) and it was amazing.  They hollowed out some of the massive pumpkins and decorated them and put outboard motors on them to turn them into boats.  Then notable town people like the first selectman, high school principal, etc all motored around in the river throwing water balloons at each other.  Truly inspiring stuff.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

I was curious if we’d see any “Disney is woke how dare you” type of comments on Carlin’s Disney World posts. I did a quick browse and didn’t see any; I wonder if she’s removed any or if her followers aren’t the rabid MAGA types Trace/Lawson may attract. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I was curious if we’d see any “Disney is woke how dare you” type of comments on Carlin’s Disney World posts. I did a quick browse and didn’t see any; I wonder if she’s removed any or if her followers aren’t the rabid MAGA types Trace/Lawson may attract. 

There are definitely some comments to that effect on her post from two days ago! 

014F8227-E80B-4AFE-B873-1467DE8661F3.thumb.jpeg.6f1a0765691f051b097ec3d4a7d7b4f2.jpegC2E21C53-8166-4389-9761-E22C98D1982E.thumb.jpeg.ffe93b6ba8e143b50d78b4f196e85f95.jpeg9D1275D8-044E-480F-9E2A-EEE109B4991C.thumb.jpeg.f3c5daaaeea8bd08088d526c38b5ece0.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 4

51 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

There are definitely some comments to that effect on her post from two days ago! 

014F8227-E80B-4AFE-B873-1467DE8661F3.thumb.jpeg.6f1a0765691f051b097ec3d4a7d7b4f2.jpegC2E21C53-8166-4389-9761-E22C98D1982E.thumb.jpeg.ffe93b6ba8e143b50d78b4f196e85f95.jpeg9D1275D8-044E-480F-9E2A-EEE109B4991C.thumb.jpeg.f3c5daaaeea8bd08088d526c38b5ece0.jpeg

Ah yes the sorcery! 😂thanks for posting, I hadn’t seen those. The bottom comment is more what I was expecting. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Ah yes the sorcery! 😂thanks for posting, I hadn’t seen those. The bottom comment is more what I was expecting. 

2 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

Darkness replies:

Screenshotfrom2023-10-1407-17-03.png.53cc5c199cc437140121c3bd0b4fcde5.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • Love 8

I work for Disney. Is this something I should add to my resume/LinkedIn?!

FrontHugs: manager of sorcery, excels at darkness, reporter of witchcraft. 

Wait until that IG poster hears about that other theme park down the road and their school of witchcraft and wizardry 😳

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I work for Disney. Is this something I should add to my resume/LinkedIn?!

FrontHugs: manager of sorcery, excels at darkness, reporter of witchcraft. 

Wait until that IG poster hears about that other theme park down the road and their school of witchcraft and wizardry 😳

Hahahahah.....hilarious.

oh wait these people are crazy and have positions of power in government. dang it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love bats. They are so cute. All of them.

Instagram has introduced me to a love of bats. For some reason instagram started showing me bat rescue videos. and oh.my. so SWEET. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Instagram has introduced me to a love of bats. For some reason instagram started showing me bat rescue videos. and oh.my. so SWEET. 

The Rodrigues Fruit bat is so much cuter than the Jill Rodrigues fruit bat. They are both nocturnal but one shrieks in a very high pitched squeal. It’s hard to take. 

E76DF882-3AAA-4C3A-9B94-893AB56D4AF3.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

Something around 30 years ago, my daughter and her husband decided to boycott Disney (I think it had to do with the early Gay Days); no Disney movies at their house, etc.  But they would come to our house all the time, where we had cable and lots of Disney DVD's and their little girl drowned in Disney.  I thought it was hilarious, but managed to keep my mouth shut so they didn't realize I was on to them.  Then a few months later the Disney stores started coming out with high quality princess costumes; I bought every one, including all the accessories.  She wore them and loved them.  We have taken  their three kids to WDW twice, and they took their girls once (boy was in love and didn't want to go, he stayed with me).

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Just so much YIKES to Carlin's wedding episode on BUB. I have a weird little feeling that she was trying to out-Josie Josie with the flower crown and pseudo-Boho dress, maybe as revenge for Josie getting married first. But mostly I just felt sad, because Carlin seems so profoundly emotionally damaged by her upbringing, far more so than the other older girls (who knows with the littles). At least Evan seems like a pretty nice guy, for their circles. I hope she can overcome.

Oh, and I'm SO FUCKING SURE Erin just slipped in making her pregnancy announcement. She's a very nasty, self-centered person. I wonder sometimes if Chad realizes what a snake he married.

Edited by Kiki03910
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Just so much YIKES to Carlin's wedding episode on BUB. I have a weird little feeling that she was trying to out-Josie Josie with the flower crown and pseudo-Boho dress, maybe as revenge for Josie getting married first. But mostly I just felt sad, because Carlin seems so profoundly emotionally damaged by her upbringing, far more so than the other older girls (who knows with the littles). At least Evan seems like a pretty nice guy, for their circles. I hope she can overcome.

Oh, and I'm SO FUCKING SURE Erin just slipped in making her pregnancy announcement. She's a very nasty, self-centered person. I wonder sometimes if Chad realizes what a snake he married.

I dislike Carlin so much from her videos, attitude, and over the topness, but I will say she got screwed over in terms of the announcements of others. From Whitney announcing her pregnancy and the baby's sex at her graduation party to a couple of weeks later Erin announcing her pregnancy at the reception, Carlin had to share the spotlight she so craves. 

• I Agree 2

On 10/14/2023 at 4:48 PM, Alysabeth said:

"Putting the Welcome Darkness doormat out on the front porch" is a new thread title in my head.

And I'll put in my BEC two cents: Carlin's dressy is too shiny and slinky for a daytime outdoor wedding.  Was she going to Studio 54 afterwards?

image.png.d38c1d3a08f03d9e22f7cae423442e49.png

• Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

"Putting the Welcome Darkness doormat out on the front porch" is a new thread title in my head.

And I'll put in my BEC two cents: Carlin's dressy is too shiny and slinky for a daytime outdoor wedding.  Was she going to Studio 54 afterwards?

image.png.d38c1d3a08f03d9e22f7cae423442e49.png

I like the dress on her. It is a bold design and color, for sure. I do agree though it’s an odd choice for a daytime, fundie wedding. They are definitely an attention seeking couple.

• Upvote 5

If I recall correctly  Josie wore something similar to one of the weddings a few years back.  I agree, it seems extra for a daytime wedding. 

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

image0.thumb.jpeg.987ecfd4a1b7eb4e4f41f9e16a9719bf.jpeg

Josie, Carlin and Katie all wore very similar dresses. Based on the photos/videos of the reception/dancing after dark, I'm guessing the wedding itself was late afternoon/early evening. The wedding party/family photos look golden hour-ish to me, which would put those photos roughly around 6PM.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4