IGNORED

CarVan 14: The Abeka Boxes Have Started to Arrive

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:
  Hide contents

image0.thumb.jpeg.987ecfd4a1b7eb4e4f41f9e16a9719bf.jpeg

Josie, Carlin and Katie all wore very similar dresses. Based on the photos/videos of the reception/dancing after dark, I'm guessing the wedding itself was late afternoon/early evening. The wedding party/family photos look golden hour-ish to me, which would put those photos roughly around 6PM.

They look like they're a bottle of champagne and a couple lines of coke away from an episode of "Footballers Wive$".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

If you look at the many pictures posted from the wedding, it’s obvious Erin and Carlin aren’t going near each other. Erin has an excuse most of the time because she lives in Florida. But there’s no excuse when everyone is at the wedding. Erin took pics with Michael and stork, her two BFFs. And she was socializing with Alyssa too. But there’s not a single picture of video of Carlin and Erin even near each other. It’s so obvious they don’t talk anymore even though they used to be BFFs. 

• Upvote 6

Is that just a bad pic of Josie? She looks pained.

I hate their white bleach blond hair so much. Makes them seem older and washed out.

Carlin looks pretty good in the gold dress and her hair sleek and simple. Josie and Katie look like cheerleaders 20 years after high school ends.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Did Carlin not get the color memo? All the Bateses, excepting the bridesmaids, wore blue or black. Even Nathan, who looked like he just came in from working in the fields. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Carlin looks pretty good in the gold dress and her hair sleek and simple

Her hair looks very nice and classy. It's refreshing to see a simple cut in the sea of heatless curls. That kind of simple cut makes the person look put together with almost no effort, comparing to the curling one.

• Upvote 7

Ok, that video of Layla meeting Princess Tiana at Disney World was about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I don’t know how someone could watch that and then bitch that Disney is evil and the great Satan. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/16/2023 at 6:13 PM, Kiki03910 said:

They look like they're a bottle of champagne and a couple lines of coke away from an episode of "Footballers Wive$".

I unironically loved that series.

• I Agree 1

I know this is not a fan site, but I have to say that Evan impressed me by staying with Carlin so faithfully while she was having that EEG.  

1 hour ago, SoSoNosy said:

I know this is not a fan site, but I have to say that Evan impressed me by staying with Carlin so faithfully while she was having that EEG.  

Funny, I'm the opposite. I was actually unimpressed he left the children with others to spend so much time with her. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

35 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Funny, I'm the opposite. I was actually unimpressed he left the children with others to spend so much time with her. 

And I am very grateful that this is a site that allows different opinions.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I’m awful. I would be like, “go away. I’m a mom so I get very little alone time. Let me enjoy this EEG alone.”

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 3

Evan and Carlin are together ALL THE TIME. It's a little much for me and doesn't seem sweet. It seems codependent and unhealthy to me. They are all up in each others' business 100% of the time and have almost no individual hobbies or activities or interests. That said, some people like living like that. I have a relatives that are a couple like this. Makes my skin crawl but they are happy and have been for decades.

Overall I can admit that Evan's concern for her is always evident and that is sweet. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Not sure if a having an adult accompany a patient undergoing this type of EEG is encouraged or not. But I will say, I am sure that staying with Carlin was likely easier for Evan vs parenting 2 toddlers alone for several days. I said the same when John Webster was in the hospital to R/O A-Fib and pregnant Alyssa parked herself at his bedside while some B kid watched her brood. Hospitals have workers to care for patients. Most parents have to defer to caring for their minor children in these  situations-

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I unironically loved that series.

It was fucking HILARIOUS. Tanya was my fave!

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Evan and Carlin are together ALL THE TIME. It's a little much for me and doesn't seem sweet. It seems codependent and unhealthy to me. They are all up in each others' business 100% of the time and have almost no individual hobbies or activities or interests. That said, some people like living like that. I have a relatives that are a couple like this. Makes my skin crawl but they are happy and have been for decades.

Overall I can admit that Evan's concern for her is always evident and that is sweet. 

Evan does golf, and if Evan still had his job, he'd be there and Carlin would be at the boutique more by herself. Also carlin has had quite a few girl trips. I think them being the close other than because of her seizures is just the stage of life their in right now.

• Upvote 4

I think all the sisters looked very nice at the wedding. Just the two more extreme sets looked like they were at two entirely different events, in different locations, and probably didn’t even know the same people. 

Carlin, Josie and Katie were so outfit coordinated that I wonder if they each had some sort of official role - guest book, or, supervising the caterers or singing or something. They are the sisters closest in age to Jackson.  I also hadn’t realized the three of them were so close in age! For some reason I’d lumped Carlin and Tori together with a fairly big gap before the Josie/Katie duo. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I think all the sisters looked very nice at the wedding. Just the two more extreme sets looked like they were at two entirely different events, in different locations, and probably didn’t even know the same people. 

Carlin, Josie and Katie were so outfit coordinated that I wonder if they each had some sort of official role - guest book, or, supervising the caterers or singing or something. They are the sisters closest in age to Jackson.  I also hadn’t realized the three of them were so close in age! For some reason I’d lumped Carlin and Tori together with a fairly big gap before the Josie/Katie duo. 

I loved the picture with all the kids standing in birth order. Beyond the first 3-4, I could not have told you who was next in line. It’s crazy how KJ had babies year after year for 20 years. As ridiculous as the reality is, especially when you factor in that BC is readily available, to have that many kids is a feat.

• Upvote 2

I would love to have been a fly on the wall to know what happened between Carlin and Erin?  It hadn't occurred to me that Erin taking off for Florida might have something to do that with that but maybe it did.  The one I feel for is Michaela.  They always seem happy to have her babysit, all of them, but they're not in the photos with her at events. She takes pictures of their kids. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I would love to have been a fly on the wall to know what happened between Carlin and Erin?  It hadn't occurred to me that Erin taking off for Florida might have something to do that with that but maybe it did.  The one I feel for is Michaela.  They always seem happy to have her babysit, all of them, but they're not in the photos with her at events. She takes pictures of their kids. 

Erin posed with Michael and Tori for pictures, but not anyone else. It’s obvious her only sister friends are Alyssa, Michael, and Tori. I hardly ever see her interacting with any of the other sisters at these events. She used to post pics with a lot of her sisters. I wonder if some sisters chose a side. Like if Josie, Whitney, and Katie chose Carlin’s side. And that’s why you don’t see Erin interacting with them much. 

• Upvote 1

I guess with those extreme beliefs it almost had to happen, but it’s a shame that it did.  I remember when Erin and Chad were fairly newlywed the younger kids would be at their house and she was experimenting with cooking.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin posed with Michael and Tori for pictures, but not anyone else. It’s obvious her only sister friends are Alyssa, Michael, and Tori. I hardly ever see her interacting with any of the other sisters at these events. She used to post pics with a lot of her sisters. I wonder if some sisters chose a side. Like if Josie, Whitney, and Katie chose Carlin’s side. And that’s why you don’t see Erin interacting with them much. 

Interesting that the sisters Erin is still chummy with are the sisters closest to her own age. She likely attributes some of her other sisters’ behaviors and decisions to their youth and immaturity. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s obvious? You can’t tell who’s friends with who, based on that. Not really. There is so much more to a friendship.

She could even have sister friends among the teen girls (though they never seem to count, for some reason).

You’ve hardly ever see her interact with others….because you’ve never seen her interact at all. You aren’t there.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I could have sworn there was a bump pic of Erin with Josie. Maybe it was only in Erin's stories. She does seem to get along with Josie. And there was a pic with Katie sometime in the last year. Probably the holidays.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I could have sworn there was a bump pic of Erin with Josie. Maybe it was only in Erin's stories. She does seem to get along with Josie. And there was a pic with Katie sometime in the last year. Probably the holidays.

I saw that picture. I think Josie and Katie are OK with everybody, but probably have not very much in common with Michaela. Josie seems to be a quiet person the opposite of a drama queen, so she probably is polite with everybody and prefers not to fight. 

• I Agree 2