IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 12

Coconut Flan

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Liz should spend more time embracing spellcheck.

I honestly wonder how much education her parents got. Did they stop at the 8th grade like most Amish? Did her parents go to an Amish school or were they homeschooled? I don’t remember them saying. 

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Liz should spend more time embracing spellcheck.

Yup, I've noticed that before: Liz has so many spelling and grammar mistakes in her posts. She even had the word "femininity" misspelled as "femininty" in her bio for ages (someone must have told her because it got fixed a little while ago). No clue whether that says something about the quality of Bontrager homeschooling - I haven't noticed it so much with her older siblings, but maybe Ma Bontrager put in more of an effort there? Or maybe it could be a case of mild dyslexia that they never bothered to address, much like the speech issues some of the kids have? Or maybe it's just very sloppy editing, because she posts on the road / in a hurry. Either way, I find it very noticeable in Liz' case (way beyond the occasional little slip-up or typo).

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Yup, I've noticed that before: Liz has so many spelling and grammar mistakes in her posts. She even had the word "femininity" misspelled as "femininty" in her bio for ages (someone must have told her because it got fixed a little while ago). No clue whether that says something about the quality of Bontrager homeschooling - I haven't noticed it so much with her older siblings, but maybe Ma Bontrager put in more of an effort there? Or maybe it could be a case of mild dyslexia that they never bothered to address, much like the speech issues some of the kids have? Or maybe it's just very sloppy editing, because she posts on the road / in a hurry. Either way, I find it very noticeable in Liz' case (way beyond the occasional little slip-up or typo).

yes--far more mistakes than her older sisters.

• Upvote 5

Even when I was 19 like Liz, I knew better than to share something like this. There wasn’t such thing as social media, but I definitely wouldn’t have agreed with this if I’d read it in a magazine. She is a single 19 year old with zero kids and still lives at home. She has no clue how hard it can be for working moms today. I hope she looks back on her posts 20 years from now and is deeply embarrassed. 

A19016F4-69B8-4C04-AABE-651CD58FC787.jpeg

• Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 12
  • WTF 3

Liz tries too hard at everything. Frantically pushing her essential oils, frantically "embracing her season of singleness", frantically BEING BEST FRIENDS WITH HER SIBLINGS.  She's 19, the age her mom got married, & I wonder if she isn't starting to panic because no Godly Young Man has started sniffing around her yet. And unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have to opportunity to distract herself by working at the hotel like her older sisters did. That was a really good change of pace for them & I wish she could at least try it.

• Upvote 10

16 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Liz tries too hard at everything. Frantically pushing her essential oils, frantically "embracing her season of singleness", frantically BEING BEST FRIENDS WITH HER SIBLINGS.  She's 19, the age her mom got married, & I wonder if she isn't starting to panic because no Godly Young Man has started sniffing around her yet. And unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have to opportunity to distract herself by working at the hotel like her older sisters did. That was a really good change of pace for them & I wish she could at least try it.

What’s sad is that her older sisters went through similar situations. Both seemed to try pretty hard to love their singleness. Chelsy was a little better about it. Allison was just pathetic in her singleness. It was so obvious she hated being single. But tried so hard to convince herself she wasn’t. Chelsy married at 27 so she must know she has time. But she’s young and her very young brain is telling her she wants a boyfriend. She wants to date. She wants to do so many things. But her cult is telling her that she can’t have those things and she better be content in that. Or she’s an ungrateful little sinner. 

Such a lovely thing to do to your child isn’t it? 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

She is worse than I remember Allison being. I am being ugly, but I don't wish she could try anything new. I have just had it with their judgement and she has LITTLE TO NO life experience to even base it on. Cripes. 

• Upvote 7

26 minutes ago, Margarita said:

She is worse than I remember Allison being. I am being ugly, but I don't wish she could try anything new. I have just had it with their judgement and she has LITTLE TO NO life experience to even base it on. Cripes. 

Probably because Allison seemed more pathetic while Liz seems more self righteous. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Allison and Liz are two peas in a pod, Allison sounds just as pathetic now that she's married.  I hope when Liz gets married to someone she actually had chemistry with as Chelsy did (well, for all we know Allison and her godly husband may have chemistry which doesn't present itself on social media) and not settle for a seemingly arranged marriage as Allison did. Has anyone heard anything about Denver and Paige lately? Any kids yet for them?🤔

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Allison and Liz are two peas in a pod, Allison sounds just as pathetic now that she's married.  I hope when Liz gets married to someone she actually had chemistry with as Chelsy did (well, for all we know Allison and her godly husband may have chemistry which doesn't present itself on social media) and not settle for a seemingly arranged marriage as Allison did. Has anyone heard anything about Denver and Paige lately? Any kids yet for them?🤔

No news from them. It must suck to have infertility in a fertility cult. Especially if her sister gets easily pregnant after her august wedding to her husband’s brother. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

On 7/22/2023 at 9:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Liz’s posts are just pathetic. I hope one day she looks back on these with regret. She sounds so young and clueless. She’s never thought about this for herself. She just repeats what her parents and older siblings say. And yes, you are being legalistic Liz. And you are shaming yourself into asking your dad for his opinion. It’s not your job to keep men from stumbling. That’s where the shame comes in. And btw Liz, many many cultures over the past 2000+ years had men wearing skirts and dresses. Including Jesus. 

8D3CECF0-2C85-4A80-9002-97B549F81D63.jpeg

4A971594-71D2-47DE-8E6D-31D806AB9D4A.jpeg

5820395E-86C0-43F9-B159-2B5CC82B62CC.jpeg

I'm in a big American city on vacation. A young guy got on the elevator in my hotel and he was wearing an attractive long skirt and a tube top. I assumed he was a man because he had the "countenance" and body type of a man. But I didn't really care What his /their gender was

and no one else seemed to either. Dear Liz should definitely stay on the farm. That would be better for everyone.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I'm in a big American city on vacation. A young guy got on the elevator in my hotel and he was wearing an attractive long skirt and a tube top. I assumed he was a man because he had the "countenance" and body type of a man. But I didn't really care What his /their gender was

and no one else seemed to either. Dear Liz should definitely stay on the farm. That would be better for everyone.

I wish fundies would study fashion history. Throughout Europe and the US. I think they would be shocked by how quickly styles change and by how many wire things we would consider feminine all through history. Example high heels, tights, lots of jewelry, big hats, lace, and ruffles. 

• Upvote 7

Ok I just feel like posting a picture. Like does Liz even know how people dressed in the 16/17/1800s? 

This outfit has a dress (it’s a long coat but looks like a dress), tights, long pretty curly hair, high heels, lace, ruffles, embroidery, and I bet that guy was wearing powder on his face too. 

82DC1192-429E-4EF3-826A-1A625AB96663.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Yup. And Louis XIV (surely a super manly man, a powerful king and so on) loved to wear tights to show off the well toned calves he got from doing ballet lessons. Gender norms change all the time. Sigh.

• Upvote 10

Guys watch out! Satan is getting to people through Taylor swift and The Barbie Movie! According to Liz 🙄

2AD8CEA3-3CD8-4F50-8D79-3CF98607241D.jpeg

A6B647C3-D992-45A9-9575-154A8E6120E7.jpeg

Plus she ends her argument with my dad says so. Is she 5?

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 13
  • Thank You 2

She's such a self-important little twat. She just parrots what she hears Marlin scream about at the dinner table.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

Reading Liz‘ brainwashed babbling really makes me appreciate my smart, snarky, opinionated, woke teenage daughters so much more. They would run circles around her in any discussion. And yup, my younger daughter adores Barbie and Taylor Swift (her big sis is far too worldly and sophisticated for either, at the ripe old age of 17 😅).

Honestly, whenever fundies rant against something, you just know it’s going to be good. Works for me every time.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Reading Liz‘ brainwashed babbling really makes me appreciate my smart, snarky, opinionated, woke teenage daughters so much more. They would run circles around her in any discussion. And yup, my younger daughter adores Barbie and Taylor Swift (her big sis is far too worldly and sophisticated for either, at the ripe old age of 17 😅).

Honestly, whenever fundies rant against something, you just know it’s going to be good. Works for me every time.

I have sons who have zero interest in Taylor Swift. But I’d I had daughters who really wanted to go to her concert, I would have tried to get tickets so I could take them. I like some of her songs but I wouldn’t call myself a fan or anything. But I’m sure I would enjoy taking my kids. And I would have no problem taking my boys to see Barbie. But they aren’t interested in that either. I never poo poo stereotypical feminine interests to my boys. But I know they pick it up from other boys. Which does annoy me. I would have no problem with them liking the Barbie movie or Taylor swift. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 7/30/2023 at 12:17 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Plus she ends her argument with my dad says so. Is she 5?

Mentally, yeah. Not intellectually (as in I don't think she has any learning difficulties) but in terms of curiosity, of looking beyond her tiny milieu, of daring to disagree with him? Yeah, she's very early primary school. (Also in spelling, but that's a bit mean).

• Upvote 9

IF Liz were allowed to listen to and experience a Taylor Swift concert I bet she would 100% be a Swiftie.. My brother in law bought tickets for my daughter and I a few years ago for the Reputations Tour and IT was a blast.. I am borderline jealous watching ALL the Eras videos.. Looks like such a good time but I just could not justify the cost for us... bummed I did not think of us  Taygating in Pittsburg until too late... 

Lets talk about how BAD this concert is- many of these venues are 2 night events... The financial impact on EVERY locality is massive... hotels are BOOKED full, Restaurants are  slammed, local independent stores are seeing so much extra business, pharmacies, grocery stores, bars.. ALL seeing upkick in business as people arrive early and stay the weekend.  The venues are packed and using all the workers for set up, event and clean up... that is work and income for lots of people.  The tax revenue goes up b/c of the increase in spending.  

Taylor has employed a LOT of people as support staff, stage entertainment, the 50 freaking truckers that carry her production along the way.. all these people are getting a paycheck, the bonuses she is paying people for their support is making news, I am sure she will pay a good chunk in taxes... 

But yeah.. she is BAD.. a bad example to all.  Her music is very clean compared to many, her messages are positive, her costumes are tame and in the land of entertainment pretty modest.. The girl wears a LOT of bodysuits and shows no booty.. she has granny panty coverage and people LOVE it!  

• Upvote 12

On 7/26/2023 at 9:20 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Even when I was 19 like Liz, I knew better than to share something like this. There wasn’t such thing as social media, but I definitely wouldn’t have agreed with this if I’d read it in a magazine. She is a single 19 year old with zero kids and still lives at home. She has no clue how hard it can be for working moms today. I hope she looks back on her posts 20 years from now and is deeply embarrassed. 

A19016F4-69B8-4C04-AABE-651CD58FC787.jpeg

But remember Anna Maxwell wrote a screed denouncing college and Mariah/Leon Brown wanted to be a polygamist? These kids word-vomit what they are taught until they (if they get) life experience to challenge the brainwashing. P.S. I find it utterly impossible to do the cooking, cleaning, and child care I do, and I'm retired!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

On 7/19/2023 at 8:48 PM, ifosterkittens said:

Why does Allison have to emphasize she needs her husband's help with the children? It is called parenting. He's the father; he should be an active parent. He doesn't get bonus points for doing what he's supposed to do. 

If Allison's cycle affects her that greatly each month, she needs to see her OBGYN and determine why it is taking such a toll on her. I understand she is likely opposed to birth control, but there might be other things that could help. Shocker her essential oils aren't curing her period problems. 

I think people in healthy partnerships are able to count on their partner for emotional support. I also think that when a partnership is going well, and the couple feels connected it is easier to thrive then during those difficult times when you are just trying to survive. I don't think these qualities of partnership are unique to them. 

As far as needing his spiritual leadership she probably genuinely believes as a woman she isn't as capable of being a spiritual leader given the atmosphere for which she was raised. I don't see that changing. 

@JermajestyDuggarbeat me to it! 

1. It is possible Allison is of the "weak sauce" variety of person. 2. I am sure she is astonished at her good fortune and the wonderfulness of a husband who helps with the kids plus is caring to her compared with other Fundie men to whom she is exposed. 3. Their family culture is to be suspicious of conventional medicine and she is probably reluctant to seek medical help for her period problems.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

But remember Anna Maxwell wrote a screed denouncing college and Mariah/Leon Brown wanted to be a polygamist? These kids word-vomit what they are taught until they (if they get) life experience to challenge the brainwashing. P.S. I find it utterly impossible to do the cooking, cleaning, and child care I do, and I'm retired!

I do hope she changes her mind. But I’m afraid she will marry into the Bowers family or the Helferich family. And then she will have more pressure to never stray from the family beliefs. 

• Upvote 8

On 8/4/2023 at 7:56 PM, Ozlsn said:

Mentally, yeah. Not intellectually (as in I don't think she has any learning difficulties) but in terms of curiosity, of looking beyond her tiny milieu, of daring to disagree with him? Yeah, she's very early primary school. (Also in spelling, but that's a bit mean).

I read an interview of a person who  worked on the 19 kids production crew. He commented on the Duggar kids' lack of curiosity and imagination. It is part and parcel of how they are raised, of the process of turning a child into a Fundie robot.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic