IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 16

Coconut Flan

10 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

She gonna let him sink or swim on his own.

She figured out or someone told her to get away from crying victim and blaming the royals for every little thing.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

She figured out or someone told her to get away from crying victim and blaming the royals for every little thing.  

Blaming the royals for their own crappy behavior, you mean.

2 hours ago, viii said:

This. It’s like how during his book release she was nowhere to be found. She knows when to be seen with him and when to take a step back. 

And if she’d been there, you’d say she was butting in.

Her crime is “Being Brown While Married to a Royal.” 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

The berserk button has been pressed so a rant is a coming.  Fuck it.  Far as I'm concerned it was totally OK for Harry to visit his grandmother's resting place.  No matter what.  If I went to visit my grands on either side of my family, and any member of my family complained they might be missing some teeth afterwards.  In the early 2000s while my depression was really bad visiting my grandparents graves were the only thing that really kept me going was going to be with them.  Even after things got better.

A few years later I posted a photo of my Grands resting place along with one of me sitting next to it and I had as the description hanging with my grandparents.  One of my friends asked me about that post.  I explained that I was still really close to my Grands even though they passed, especially my maternal Grandma and just wanted to sit with her and grandpa even though I didn't know my maternal Grandpa all that well.  I just have fleeting memories of him since I was really young when he passed.  (Mainly that he and I had some differing views about what to watch on TV.  There were shows he insisted on watching when we were up at the grandparents house and I was upset because I wanted to watch my own favorite shows instead and other memories of our interactions from my mom and siblings that now make me laugh.  I do hope to get to know him better when my time comes).

Harry strikes me as one who is considered by the royals a black sheep of the family.  I haven't kept up with Harry & Meghan news that much because it's too painful for me.  In my own family I AM considered a black sheep along with a couple others.  Not all my family considers me one but there's enough who disapprove of my anti-fuck face stance, my life choices, or other things to treat me like shit and make it painful for me.  So in some ways I do identify with Harry and Meghan no matter how people here or elsewhere dislike it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 10

10 hours ago, 47of74 said:

.  Far as I'm concerned it was totally OK for Harry to visit his grandmother's resting place.  No matter what.  If I went to visit my grands on either side of my family, and any member of my family complained they might be missing some teeth afterwards.  In the early 2000s while my depression was really bad visiting my grandparents graves were the only thing that really kept me going was going to be with them.

Somebody complained because Harry visited Elizabeth's grave? Who? What on earth for?

• Upvote 4

Makes no sense. Clearly, Harry and EIIR were close, and if he took time to visit her, I think that's lovely.. and to spend time in a church, even better.

• I Agree 2

I’ve seen a lot of online complaints about Harry visiting the grave. They also accuse him of hiring photographers to take his picture, even though the one public released was from a member of the public. I’ve seen the complaints range from he’s treasonous and doesn’t belong in England anymore to he made his grandparents lives hell for their final years and doesn’t deserve to see their graves. 

It’s so stupid. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Somebody complained because Harry visited Elizabeth's grave? Who? What on earth for?

I don’t think anyone in the family did. Of course you will find people online who complain because you always do, about anything.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 3

No. Of course no one in the family said a damn thing and they never do. 

Meanwhile  on Twit er the cult Harry worship is playing with a new theory: OMG HARRY IS DIANAS REINCARNATION! 

🤔 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2023 at 3:45 PM, Jackie3 said:

And if she’d been there, you’d say she was butting in. 

Nah. I was hoping she would show up to some events with him. I’m far more interested in what she has to say than I am with him. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, viii said:

I’ve seen a lot of online complaints about Harry visiting the grave. They also accuse him of hiring photographers to take his picture, even though the one public released was from a member of the public. I’ve seen the complaints range from he’s treasonous and doesn’t belong in England anymore to he made his grandparents lives hell for their final years and doesn’t deserve to see their graves. 

It’s so stupid. 

That's because Windsor was not open to the public when he was there. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

No. Of course no one in the family said a damn thing and they never do. 

Meanwhile  on Twit er the cult Harry worship is playing with a new theory: OMG HARRY IS DIANAS REINCARNATION! 

🤔 

I like this one: OMG, ARCHIE AND LILI  WERE BORN BY A SURROGATE (and therefore conveniently out of the LOS).

ansd 

ARCHIE AND LILI DONT EXIST AT ALL!!!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

How can you be a reincarnation of someone who lived at the same time as you? OMG people are stupid. 

Diana had a kind of "street smarts".. the sly looks, the innuendoes... Harry doesn't have that.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

If Diana was alive and she really was paragon certain people have built up their minds no way she would be Happy or stand for any of this. Diana was never anti monarchy, she had much respect for The Queen plus she as a mother would never have wanted to make things difficult for William either and No way  she would not have wanted her grandchildren thousands of miles away. 

With her influence on Harry this interminable debacle would have not happened at all In my mind. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

How can you be a reincarnation of someone who lived at the same time as you? OMG people are stupid. 

Right? It would make FAR more sense to say either Archie or Lilibet is Diana reincarnated... not Harry. 

56 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

With her influence on Harry this interminable debacle would have not happened at all In my mind. 

It's hard to say what would have happened in Harry's life, if Diana had never died, but I definitely do agree that he would not be married to Meghan and living in California. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, viii said:

It's hard to say what would have happened in Harry's life, if Diana had never died, but I definitely do agree that he would not be married to Meghan and living in California. 

Considering how Diana was often jealous of people she thought had gotten too close to the boys or the boys had gotten too attached to, I’ve often wondered how things would have played out if she’d been alive when they were in college and beginning to date seriously.
I could see her either trying to go the friend/buddy route and almost being inappropriately wrapped up in all their relationship drama based on how she was already leaning on William so much during the divorce. I could also see her going to the other end of the spectrum and behaving like Jackie Kennedy did to John, Jr…if she didn’t like the direction his life was going she’d invite him to dinner, and make it clear he had no option but to change to whatever course his mother wanted.

Based on her own mental health, chaotic relationships, and attachment issues, I think there may have been some intense rows between Diana and the boys over some of the girls they dated/wanted to date. I do think William may have still ended up with Kate, but Harry is anyone’s guess.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I actually don't think William would have ended up with Kate. One of Kate's main draws for him has always been her stable family life, providing him what he lacked growing up, and I think that was a huge deciding factor for him. If his childhood had been less traumatic, then I think he would have perhaps still dated Kate, but I'm not convinced he would have ended up marrying her. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Growing up with parents at war on a world stage and eventually losing your mother at a young age must be so formative to who you are as an adult and will have a massive influence on what you seek in a life partner. I think both William and Harry would probably have ended up with other women if Charles & Diana were still happily married today.

• Upvote 3

I mean William would still have married minor nobility or wealthy commoner like Kate. I don’t think anyone can really argue that. Maybe Harry would have played the bachelor  for a lot longer and married a high(er) profiled  British Commoner like Zara or a wealthy long time family connection like Beatrice did who knows. 

I’m confused. Is losing your mother such a minor trauma that Harry should shut up about it already? 

Or is it such a large trauma that it affected his choice of life partner?

I can’t see why Diana’s death would affect the type of woman these men find physically attractive. I can’t see why it would affect who they connect with emotionally. Neither one married a woman with short blonde hair from an aristocratic background. So where is the evidence? Physically, both women are the opposite of Diana.

6 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

You feel Harry would have let his mother decide who he marries? How many men in their thirties allow Mummy to do that?

19 hours ago, viii said:

Nah. I was hoping she would show up to some events with him. I’m far more interested in what she has to say than I am with him. 

You’ll be delighted, then, because she is coming to the closing ceremonies. (Now it’s time to say she’s coming to overshadow him and get attention!)

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2023 at 4:06 AM, Jackie3 said:

I like this one: OMG, ARCHIE AND LILI  WERE BORN BY A SURROGATE (and therefore conveniently out of the LOS).

ansd 

ARCHIE AND LILI DONT EXIST AT ALL!!!

I do not like Meghan, but both of those theories are absolutely ridiculous and people spreading them are nasty. Those kids will read that stuff online eventually. I've always guessed that the constant speculation about Harry's paternity negatively impacted his mental health--especially now that we know he obsesses over everything written about him both in the press and on social media. Setting up the next generation for that same damage is evil. 

The Sussex kids are not the only ones, though. And this nonsense is not exclusive to Meghan, any one race or royals. There's an entire rabbit hole of celebrity baby conspiracy theories exactly like it on the internet. 

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

There's an entire rabbit hole of celebrity baby conspiracy theories exactly like it on the internet. 

Yes - Beyonce, Katie Holmes, Benedict Cumberbatch and his wife... Meghan isn't the first one to fall victim to these ridiculous conspiracies and she unfortunately won't be the last. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, viii said:

It’s so stupid. 

I saw articles about how his visit was tring to steal William and Kate's thunder, and it was a calculated volley in their fued. 

Insane.

• I Agree 1

On 9/11/2023 at 10:25 PM, Jackie3 said:

I’m confused. Is losing your mother such a minor trauma that Harry should shut up about it already? 

No but he (and you) might want to stop acting like he was her only son and the only one traumatized.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic