IGNORED

M is for Mama 16

Coconut Flan

Europeans all over Europe can celebrate when Braggie and her brood finally leave for home back in Texas. 😅🎉 Aren't they returning June 15th??

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I don't think the youngest will actually remember anything, but they will be reminded by Braggie over and over and over and over and over ... as the years go on how badly they behaved and what a trial they were to Braggie and how many times they had to be spanked, etc. etc etc.

Oh yes I do believe Braggie is spanking on this trip as she always does. She just isn't posting about it.

I think Abbie’s go to approach when her children act out is to dump the offender on someone else. I am sure this trip is extremely hard for Abbie as it’s harder to “get away” when you are already away. She talks about her older 3 children and Shaun taking a child or 2 when they are melting down. It’s likely an effort to prevent Abbie from melting down. Abbie has no shame and doesn’t acknowledge that other people can be affected by how she parents (or doesn’t parent).  She is an entitled narcissist. 

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I don't think the youngest will actually remember anything, but they will be reminded by Braggie over and over and over and over and over ... as the years go on how badly they behaved and what a trial they were to Braggie and how many times they had to be spanked, etc. etc etc.

Oh yes I do believe Braggie is spanking on this trip as she always does. She just isn't posting about it.

She spanks. She blanket trains. I got blocked from her insta after telling her she was complicit in harm by encouraging other parents to blanket train.

She pretended ignorance in her stories as though she had never heard of what blanket train really was - it's just time on the blanket! 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

She spanks. She blanket trains. I got blocked from her insta after telling her she was complicit in harm by encouraging other parents to blanket train.

She pretended ignorance in her stories as though she had never heard of what blanket train really was - it's just time on the blanket! 

One of the saddest things about "blanket training" is that it actually works almost as quickly and just as well without any violence or spanking at all. All those women hitting their children for absolutely no reason. It makes me so sad.

(To "blanket train" nonviolently all you have to do is skip the part about putting a tempting toy out of reach, and the hitting part. You just put a crawling baby on a specific blanket with some things to play with, and stay with them, gently retrieving them and cheerfully saying, "Keep your body on the blanket! Great job!" -- whenever you need to. Lots of repetition and a kid picks up on what you want.)

But nooooo. Hit the kid, it will save you 10 minutes of work for a few days. Why not! Blanket training never did work because of the violence. It has always worked because of the repetition. The uselessness of it all!!!

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Maybe her "Ask Me Anything" needs to be changed to "Ask Me Anything With The Exception Of *Loaded* Questions".  Really, if she finds the questions rude, offensive, or intrusive just don't answer them. 🙄  She's 💯% okay with judging others, but if there is even a hint of someone judging her... 

Me thinks she's not responding in the manner Jesus would..🤔😅🙄

Screenshot_20230606-165521_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230606-165045_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Maybe her "Ask Me Anything" needs to be changed to "Ask Me Anything With The Exception Of *Loaded* Questions".  Really, if she finds the questions rude, offensive, or intrusive just don't answer them. 🙄  She's 💯% okay with judging others, but if there is even a hint of someone judging her... 

The stage of parenting she’s talking about is having parentified older children to constantly watch the little ones so she could get a break. For most parents, having more and more children means more work and less breaks. But not Braggie! She has live in Nannies who parent her children better than her. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

She should stop doing those Ask Me Anything posts. She doesn’t have the personality to be answering the questions that others pose. She is so lacking in self awareness and perception. She literally has zero social skills and is so easily offended. She is the poster child for You Cant Stand the Truth.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

19 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Most of Shaun's time is alone time. At least that seems to be the case when they're at home. I agree that Shaun's vacation tactic is to send Abbie away to calm things down because that's probably the easiest course of action. It's funny that she got pissy about it. She knows there's some truth there.  

Shaun is no better than any other fundie dad. In Abbie's own words, it took him 8 kids before he bothered to be "all in" on parenting. I can't understand why they kept having children knowing that neither of them were mature enough to work as team. And why would you admit this to the world?! It doesn't make you relatable. It makes you an asshole.

Screenshot_20230523-1709582.png.add7c07ac68053424332c3eaf0d98f3c.png

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Most of Shaun's time is alone time. At least that seems to be the case when they're at home. I agree that Shaun's vacation tactic is to send Abbie away to calm things down because that's probably the easiest course of action. It's funny that she got pissy about it. She knows there's some truth there.  

Shaun is no better than any other fundie dad. In Abbie's own words, it took him 8 kids before he bothered to be "all in" on parenting. I can't understand why they kept having children knowing that neither of them were mature enough to work as team. And why would you admit this to the world?! It doesn't make you relatable. It makes you an asshole.

She’s also omitting the fact that her oldest 5 children are acting as Nannies along with the actual nanny. It’s not that she and Shaun are finally mature (because they aren’t). It’s because they have 6 helpers which makes their jobs a million times easier. Oh wow he fed a toddler yogurt! How amazing! Too bad he couldn’t handle A meltdown in St Peter’s so they didn’t get kicked out. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s also omitting the fact that her oldest 5 children are acting as Nannies along with the actual nanny. It’s not that she and Shaun are finally mature (because they aren’t). It’s because they have 6 helpers which makes their jobs a million times easier. Oh wow he fed a toddler yogurt! How amazing! Too bad he couldn’t handle A meltdown in St Peter’s so they didn’t get kicked out. 

This is what gets me. This whole European tour has been one fiasco after another. How many places were they kicked out of? How many times have they been yelled at? This isn't successful team parenting. If Abbie had a bit more self awareness she would be embarrassed but nope. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

She also sort of complained that they spent too much time in rural France, implying that it was time wasted. NO, that was most family appropriate way to spend time on this vacation. Abbie has her priorities all wrong in terms of raising a family and what’s important and what’s not.

She might as well have just said the vacation was all about her and what she wanted to do.

I suspect when her parents declined to accompany the family (as I’m sure they did), Abbie and Shaun were quite disappointed. I wonder if Abbie asked them to keep the 3 youngest boys and her parents declined? 

Yes, Europe is beautiful, and yes, the family is lucky to get this opportunity to see another part of the world, but man, taking those 3 youngest kids on a trip like this had to be so hard. 

It always leaves me scratching my head, when people make choices (like having 10 kids), but then refuse to take and do all that comes with making that decision. In other words, stay closer to home and take ventures that are more age and large family appropriate. 

But not Abbie. She wants it all her way.

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And notice Abbie specifically said Rome was her least favorite. Those damn Catholics and their rules.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She wants it all her way.

And she's determined to get her way. No matter what. No matter what she has to do. Everyone around her is just so much background to the fabulouness that is Bragiie.

Jesus loves her the best after all.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

She is her own worst enemy. I do not understand why anyone would follow her for her content. She is simply awful, and so, so passive aggressive. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

She is her own worst enemy. I do not understand why anyone would follow her for her content. She is simply awful, and so, so passive aggressive. 

Agreed, yet another example:🙄

Screenshot_20230607-180809_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 12

Ok let’s play a game. What “loaded” question would you ask Braggie when she posts “ask me anything!” 

1) How much did your European trip cost? 
2) How often do your older children babysit the younger children? Do you pay them? 
3) what if your child wanted to go to college? 
4) How often do you shop at thrift stores per month?

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

Okay, I'll play!

How would you feel if one of your blessings wanted to convert to a different religion?

Are you the type of mother who thinks it's okay to forgo healthy eating on vacation and indulge in sweets/ice cream on a daily basis?

Are you the type of mother who uses sweet treats as a distraction so your young children will behave while on vacation?

How would you feel if one of your blessings married a non-Christian?

And the list could go on and on and on...

• Upvote 7

Anthropologie is an LGBTQ+ supportive company. Yet you still shop there. Why as you are very much not LGBTQ+ supportive yourself?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I love that her proof that he's "all in" is that on a very long trip, very far away from home he has occasionally carried one of his children or offered one yogurt.  My husband is "all in" with our (thankfully only two) children more than this all day, every day - carrying and feeding them but also changing diapers, giving baths, making breakfast or dinner, playing outside, reading books, putting them to bed, etc.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

So spooning yogurt into a toddler's mouth is "all-in" parenting now?  My husband is off work today and literally spent the whole day hands-on parenting the toddler and the preschooler.  He just came back from a walk with the baby (that I did not go on).  He is doing all this voluntarily because he won't see them when he's at work tomorrow.  We won't even get into things like spending the night on those uncomfortable chair-beds in a child's hospital room.  He must be some sort of parenting saint.  Or, you know, just a dad who put some thought into what being a dad entails....

Braggie Abbie drives me nuts.  I feel like the whole reason I started following these families in the first place was because my husband and I had chosen not to limit our family size and I am always interested to see how other larger than average families do things.  But I'm not even sure Abbie and I live on the same planet.  Although I did make two recipes from her blog that were well-received.

Also, having taken 5 children to a museum, including some rather energetic 3 and 4 year old boys... it is doable.  If you discuss expectations ahead of time, stay engaged with the kids to hold their interest, and be prepared to leave when they've obviously reached their limit.  If you focus on the kids instead of how much attention you are generating or crafting your next social media post.  

I am jealous of one thing though.  I lived and studied in Europe twenty years ago and I would love to have the money to go back with my family.  Either to revisit places I love from before or to discover new sights.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 6/8/2023 at 9:40 AM, SassyPants said:

She also sort of complained that they spent too much time in rural France, implying that it was time wasted

But they were in a castle!

She's very much a check items off a list traveller, with what seems like not a lot of thought about how to manage the needs of a variety of ages.

Also they must be in the UK now?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

She is in London now it seems, she just posted in her stories she went to my favourite area too, Camden. I see why the shopping and food would interest her, but her kids must have been bored silly. I avoided taking my kids there when they were really young because besides a meal and the fun sweet shop (surprised she didn't photograph the place) there, it's not really kid friendly. Even now with mine it would be a fast pop in for them as part of a day.  It has small shops, very narrow paths and is a bit confusing to navigate. Bet she skipped one of my favourites Cyber Dog a multilevel Raver Shop with a kink level that is very pro LGBTQ+.  My kid loved the black light lit Jetson's clothing looking section so much, we just stayed upstairs when travelling with our kids. But not shocked she has seemed to avoid nearly all age appropriate museums and locations as much as she could for most of this trip, but ticked off castles and shopping at every stop.

She is asking to meet up with London Fans, but wonder how many she actually has? I want to think none, but you never know. 

Edited by tankgirl
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

No further mention in her stories of any of her fans actually running to meet her in London, so best guess no one did at least i hope not! She probably will just not revieve those stories later on act like it never happened.

I am shocked how badly she has worked this trip for IG. I know it's hard, I do quite a bit on IG myself, while on holiday but I will say it again she has been boring! It seems like they saw castles, stairs, shops and ate gelato that's it, she really has not used this trip well, she even got bored part way in on the counting in a foreign language to 10 nonsense. I wonder how long before she travels again after getting home trying to achieve something?

Also weird question has bubble tea not hit Texas? She said it was their first time, and had to explain it like a new concept and I was shocked, because it doesn't seem like a rare thing to me.

• Upvote 11

23 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

Also weird question has bubble tea not hit Texas? She said it was their first time, and had to explain it like a new concept and I was shocked, because it doesn't seem like a rare thing to me.

I'm a Texan.  Bubble tea is definitely here.  All over in both cities I've lived in over the last decade.  I think there are two within 3 miles of my house.  

Edited by mhainlen
Clarity
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

There are several places you can get bubble tea in Tyler.  Braggie is just too busy slurping Dr. Pepper Icees when she wants a treat. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, tankgirl said:

No further mention in her stories of any of her fans actually running to meet her in London, so best guess no one did at least i hope not! She probably will just not revieve those stories later on act like it never happened.

I am shocked how badly she has worked this trip for IG. I know it's hard, I do quite a bit on IG myself, while on holiday but I will say it again she has been boring! It seems like they saw castles, stairs, shops and ate gelato that's it, she really has not used this trip well, she even got bored part way in on the counting in a foreign language to 10 nonsense. I wonder how long before she travels again after getting home trying to achieve something?

Maybe on Ask Me Anything day, someone will yet again ask her a *loaded* question, "How did the meet-up go with your followers, was it exciting meeting your British followers in-person and signing your book for them".🙄

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic