IGNORED

Harry and Meghan 15

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

One young mother is constantly attacked by the media. Her looks, her kids, her relationship with her husband, the security of her job are all attacked daily. Even when she is silent for months, she is on the front page daily, far more than other celebrities. Some crazies threaten her life.

Doesn’t Kate also experience this? Possibly not the “security of her job,” but the rest fits. Not to be too cavalier, but media abuse is par for the course with marrying royals, it seems. 

Although since both M and K are in their 40s, neither is a “young mother.” It’s rather an important distinction, since age should bring maturity, patience, and general life skills those in their teens or twenties haven’t had a chance to fully develop. 

• Upvote 7

I have to agree that it’s actually Harry who can‘t keep it shut. Meghan hasn‘t really said anything this year and still gets lots of criticism. Not fair.

• Upvote 11

17 hours ago, apandaaries said:

Although since both M and K are in their 40s, neither is a “young mother.” It’s rather an important distinction, since age should bring maturity, patience, and general life skills those in their teens or twenties haven’t had a chance to fully develop. 

I thought someone would comment on that! When I said "young mother", I mean she had young children and was new to the job. Meghan's been a mom for four years, so she is pretty new to parenting.

17 hours ago, apandaaries said:

Doesn’t Kate also experience this? Possibly not the “security of her job,” but the rest fits. Not to be too cavalier, but media abuse is par for the course with marrying royals, it seems. 

Maybe she does.  I don't know. If she deals with the same level of hatred, that is certainly a stress for her too.

I googled them just now and half the links say they're headed for a divorce and half say their relationship is stronger than ever, just smiles and bliss.

If at least half of what's being written about you is BS the best strategy for your mental health  might be to ignore most news about you, let a PR person follow the stupidity and tell you if there's something you need to react to. 

But I wouldn't be surprised if Harry googles himself the first thing every morning.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

I googled them just now and half the links say they're headed for a divorce and half say their relationship is stronger than ever, just smiles and bliss.

If at least half of what's being written about you is BS the best strategy for your mental health  might be to ignore most news about you, let a PR person follow the stupidity and tell you if there's something you need to react to. 

But I wouldn't be surprised if Harry googles himself the first thing every morning.

I believe probably most of what is written about them is nonsense. I agree, they should hire a PR person to handle it. It can’t be good for their mental health to do keep such close tabs on the gossip. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I go by the rule that 75% is either made up or grossly exaggerated to a point where it’s actually wrong. Another 20% are stories with a clickbait headline that maybe aren’t wrong but give a completely false impression. „dramatic health scare. How Harry has to be strong now for his wife and children“ with a picture of glooming looking H&M. Only the whole article is about how sorry they are for close friends where one is seriously ill. If you just skim the headlines though it gives the impression it’s about them. Actually it might even be more. That’s stuff our tabloids print ALL the time. Health, babies, affairs, divorce, family feuds….. and it’s never about them but someone associated with them.
And 5% is actually true, be it good or bad. 
And they absolutely have a PR firm that must monitor what’s written about them. They won’t give much attention to the background noise, but to get a general direction, but rather check specific outlets. They will advise them when and how to react to achieve the image H&M set out to portray. I absolutely see H googling themselves and going down all rabbit holes though. 
What I find sad is that on several discussion boards and blogs I have seen great ideas for content and whole PR strategies that, if worked through for five years, would most definitely bring more success than what they are doing right now. Not everyone criticising their actions dislikes them as people.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I get the impression that Harry and Meghan read the comment section on the articles.  It would explain the exaggerated number they cite of the number negative articles about them when they were active members of the Royal Family.    An article might be neutral towards them but the comments would be mixed with some racist and very negative ones in there.  Once that happened then then the article went from neutral to negative and then because the comments weren't removed quick enough or at all then the media was out to get them.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I'm sure both Netflix and M&H are disappointed they weren't nominated for an Emmy. Especially since the media, for the most part, had thought they would be!

On 7/10/2023 at 1:55 AM, just_ordinary said:

What I find sad is that on several discussion boards and blogs I have seen great ideas for content and whole PR strategies that, if worked through for five years, would most definitely bring more success than what they are doing right now. Not everyone criticising their actions dislikes them as people.

How do you do much better than million-dollar deals, awards aplenty, and the best Hollywood agent around?  I think that's quite successful. There's really no need to be sad for them, honestly.

• Upvote 1

No Emmy but no need to despair yet, they might still win something, according to some.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1790377/prince-harry-meghan-markle-emmy-nomination-netflix

Apparently there was some money riding on an Emmy award.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1790442/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-Emmy-Award-win-huge-amount-catch

First I thought the Mark Boardman comment was about the likelihood of a HCA victory but nope, he was predicting an Emmy.

• Haha 1

Not a new story but I hadn't seen this before. Apparently, the Netflix series has used some creative editing to imply that HM were relentlessly hounded by the press, including footage from photographers who were supposed to be there as part of an agreed press pool, , and photographers who were in fact photographing Michael Cohen or Katie Price.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11504211/Latest-Harry-Meghan-trailer-uses-footage-Donald-Trumps-lawyer-Katie-Price.html

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Not a new story but I hadn't seen this before. Apparently, the Netflix series has used some creative editing to imply that HM were relentlessly hounded by the press, including footage from photographers who were supposed to be there as part of an agreed press pool, , and photographers who were in fact photographing Michael Cohen or Katie Price.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11504211/Latest-Harry-Meghan-trailer-uses-footage-Donald-Trumps-lawyer-Katie-Price.html

Of course they were hounded by the press. I don't think there's any doubt about that, no matter what footage was used.

On 7/13/2023 at 3:39 AM, AmazonGrace said:

First I thought the Mark Boardman comment was about the likelihood of a HCA victory but nope, he was predicting an Emmy.

That was quite the limb he climbed out on.  

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

That was quite the limb he climbed out on.  

Speaking of limbs. . . before the nominations, I've seen posters rushing to say that Emmys could easily be bought. That's because H&M were expected to win a nomination, and they were trying to discount it before it had even happened!

They had to hustle back off that limb once they did not.

On 7/10/2023 at 1:55 AM, just_ordinary said:

Harry and Meghan seem to be doing just fine relying on top Hollywood agents, publishing houses and lawyers. I don't think they want help from online discussion boards, though I'm sure those commenters are more knowledable than the experts M&H have hired.

If they invested their money properly, Harry and Meghan don't need to worry about their reputations or popularity.

Say they got a total of $100 million for their book, documentary and podcast. It was probably much more, but say it was 100 million after taxes

Invested properly, that should generate about 6 million a year, for life.

Assume they need 2 million/year for security, and another 1 million for taxes (assuming their financial advisor invested in tax free vehicles).

That leaves them an income of $3 million a year. Or $250,000 per month. Maybe that's not a huge amount in CA, but they certainly won't starve. Plus, they have Harry's inheritance, Meghan's residuals, and any future income they make--all of these are worth more millions. 

Even if they dip into principal, that's still OK. They have perhaps another 40-50 years of life. They can dip quite a bit and still not run through 100 million. It's actually hard to spend down that kind of money, because it's always generating more money.

They'll be OK, and they really don't have to be "popular" or "relevant." They'll still be fine.

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2023 at 6:52 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Or  'a scrum of photographers at a Harry Potter premier.' Which is really going back a ways, as the last HP premiere was when...2010? 😆

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

A lie called a misrepresentation is still just a lie.  

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

A lie called a misrepresentation is still just a lie.  

Someone should tell this to the other royals!  Then the public will hate on them for years, amiright?

Edited by Jackie3

1 hour ago, Manda said:

Meghan took one of her dogs to the no dogs allowed farmer's market.  ::smh::

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12300433/Meghan-Markle-shops-Montecito-Farmers-Market-without-Prince-Harry.html

There are many people in the world committing small crimes and misdemeanors. We've all done  things like this. The question is, why is Meghan the focus? Any thoughts?

There are reports of Meghan doing good things, too. For example, Harry's ghostwriter reports she visited him in the guest house and brought him treats. To present a fair picture of Meghan, focus on these too. You'll be happier for it.

Believe it or not, there are people doing worse things. Even in the royal family.

Edited by Jackie3

Meghan can’t go any higher up The who’s who  society food chain than Harry, She will never be an A list actress/socialite, influencer or philanthropist and her fumbling  embarrassing efforts have been met with derision and overall failure. If she really is such a determined Social Climber this has got have made her very frustrated/unfulfilled and Makes you wonder what she will try next to climb the latter. 

• I Agree 3

13 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Meghan can’t go any higher up The who’s who  society food chain than Harry, She will never be an A list actress/socialite, influencer or philanthropist and her fumbling  embarrassing efforts have been met with derision and overall failure. If she really is such a determined Social Climber this has got have made her very frustrated/unfulfilled and Makes you wonder what she will try next to climb the latter. 

What's so terrible about social climbing?

I understand "social climber" is frequently used as an insult. Why is it so bad? Don't we all want to improve ourselves? Wouldn't we all like rich and powerful friends?  Who wouldn't want a friend who can lend them a private jet?

And Harry? Is he a social climber, too? The answer is. . . it doesn't matter. This is really an insult that's applied to women, not men, so you hardly ever see Harry being accused of this crime.

Why does it bother you if Meghan wanted to climb to a higher place on the social ladder? Did you want her to stay squashed down, for some reason? 

What if Meghan doesn't become an A-list actress? Big deal, most people aren't one.  She's still got plenty of money, a loving husband, and a beautiful home and kids. 

She and Harry are a member of the 1% whether or not they climb to the top of the social ladder. They really lead blessedly lucky lives.

They have a loving partnership, children, good health, enough money to sustain themselves, a home, and  caring friends. These are the things that really and truly matter in life. 

Edited by Jackie3

On 7/15/2023 at 12:14 PM, Manda said:

Meghan took one of her dogs to the no dogs allowed farmer's market.  ::smh::

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12300433/Meghan-Markle-shops-Montecito-Farmers-Market-without-Prince-Harry.html

also, that Farmer's Market is only open on Tuesdays yet the pictures weren't published until Friday... either no one was buying or they were waiting for Wimbledon. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

also, that Farmer's Market is only open on Tuesdays yet the pictures weren't published until Friday... either no one was buying or they were waiting for Wimbledon. 

"...the former actress went virtually undetected by locals..."

While of course smiling for the camera. The locals never noticed the photographer snapping madly away, though, did they?😆

• Haha 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic