IGNORED

Jackson and Emerson: Here We Go Yet Again

Coconut Flan

Jackson and Emerson are engaged.  She already has her wedding gown.  

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2

Based on the date stamp on Emerson's sisters photos, they got engaged yesterday and then went dress shopping today, so not wasting any time. 

Her sister had a very non-fundie gown, so I am very curious to see what Emerson chooses. 

Her sister's gown (I cropped the face because whike her Instagram is public she is not a public figure and it was the dress I was curious about).

You can't tell in the black and white photo but the bodice is kacy with a sheet back, corsette-style. 

Screenshot_20230311-173718.thumb.png.e03ee830fccc4f5d661c4cd89eb1a2f0.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 13

I’m sure they’ve kissed just like all his older brothers. And they shouldn’t feel bad about it since Kelly and Gil kissed before marriage. I get tired of how often fundie parents want their kids to do as they say and not as they do. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Based on the date stamp on Emerson's sisters photos, they got engaged yesterday and then went dress shopping today, so not wasting any time. 

Her sister had a very non-fundie gown, so I am very curious to see what Emerson chooses. 

Her sister's gown (I cropped the face because whike her Instagram is public she is not a public figure and it was the dress I was curious about).

You can't tell in the black and white photo but the bodice is kacy with a sheet back, corsette-style. 

Screenshot_20230311-173718.thumb.png.e03ee830fccc4f5d661c4cd89eb1a2f0.png

That dress is very pretty and age appropriate. I assume her sister married young. Good job on cropping. V considerate :) edit to add age appropriate I mean it’s very young flirty fairy light and fun. But in saying that I would not object if a 70 year old bride wanted to wear it. Pretty is pretty after all.

I wonder if it was a miss Renee dress. Miss Renee is to fundies what that British lady was to the my big fat gypsy wedding brides. I remember there was one seamstress that was super popular and was used all the time on the show 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Add stuff
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

That dress is very pretty and age appropriate. I assume her sister married young. Good job on cropping. V considerate :) edit to add age appropriate I mean it’s very young flirty fairy light and fun. But in saying that I would not object if a 70 year old bride wanted to wear it. Pretty is pretty after all.

I wonder if it was a miss Renee dress. Miss Renee is to fundies what that British lady was to the my big fat gypsy wedding brides. I remember there was one seamstress that was super popular and was used all the time on the show 

Definitely not a Miss Renee dress. 

Enerson got hers from a mainstream boutique and I imagine her sister did too. 

The boutique Emerson went to doesn't have a single fundie-approved dress on their instagram. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

An engagement and wedding dress in less than 48 hours?!?!?! I’m sure it took me more than 48 days. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

I believe her sister had 2 wedding dresses, a ceremony one and a reception one.

They must be rich then. It must be nice to just spend lots on a wedding without worrying too much about money.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

Who is Emerson and her family? Are they fundies? Quiverful? Fairly normal fundie beliefs or pretty nutty? Homeschooled?

• Upvote 6

WAIT WAIT. How old is he? I think he is barely 19, am I wrong? I have a 18 year old kid. I know it's legal to marry but it sounds WRONG to me, especially because no birth control no divorce no financial independence (at least for the bride). 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I believe her sister had 2 wedding dresses, a ceremony one and a reception one.

No that second one on her Instagram is a modelling shoot. I got confused too. 

5 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

WAIT WAIT. How old is he? I think he is barely 19, am I wrong? I have a 18 year old kid. I know it's legal to marry but it sounds WRONG to me, especially because no birth control no divorce no financial independence (at least for the bride). 

Jackson just turned 21. He has also lived away from home for the last couple years. He has a life in Arkansas.

5 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Who is Emerson and her family? Are they fundies? Quiverful? Fairly normal fundie beliefs or pretty nutty? Homeschooled?

Mainstream conservative Christians  I think. 6 kids. Mom and sister run a social media management company, not sure about dad. I think Emerson might be the youngest. 

I am trying to figure out if she was hone-schooled. She ran cross-country, I found that. 

She is friends with Alyssa's friend Kinsley and that is she met Jackson.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 14

34 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think he is 21.

• Upvote 2

So Emerson's mom's work bio says "mom to 6" but I can only find evidence of 4 kids. They did family photos and there were only 4 kids there, 2 boys and 2 girls and that adds up with most of her sister's posts. 

I kind of wonder if her mom is including her two children in-laws? Which would be weird, I know. Or she lost two pregnancies? Because there is definitely not another living sister, maybe two more brothers? 

• Upvote 7

The Duggars and Bateses were finally tied with married children. Both had 11 children married. But now when Jackson gets married, there will be 12 and no more tie. Unless Jason or James pop up with a proposal soon.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, manda b said:

I think he is 21.

I think Johanna is 18 like my eldest. She and Jackson are very close age, that's why I assume he is younger. I may be wrong, though.

• Upvote 2

I think this is another case of Jackson versus Jackson. Jackson Duggar and Johanna Duggar are close in age but Jackson Bates was around before Jackson Duggar. If only these enormous families wouldn't use each other's names!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think Johanna is 18 like my eldest. She and Jackson are very close age, that's why I assume he is younger. I may be wrong, though.

Jackson Bates is 21. He is next after Katie (who turned 22 in October). 

Jackson Duggar is 18, almost 19. He is ahead of Johanna who will be 18 this year. 

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

I think this is another case of Jackson versus Jackson. Jackson Duggar and Johanna Duggar are close in age but Jackson Bates was around before Jackson Duggar. If only these enormous families wouldn't use each other's names!

Yep. Jackson Bates falls between James and Justin Duggar. 

• Upvote 4

The Duggars copied the Bateses for names. Both Jackson and Josie Bates were born before Jackson and Josie Duggar. But the Duggars really limited themselves when they said only J names allowed. 

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

So Emerson's mom's work bio says "mom to 6" but I can only find evidence of 4 kids. They did family photos and there were only 4 kids there, 2 boys and 2 girls and that adds up with most of her sister's posts. 

I kind of wonder if her mom is including her two children in-laws? Which would be weird, I know. Or she lost two pregnancies? Because there is definitely not another living sister, maybe two more brothers? 

I thought the same, but if you go back enough on her facebook you will find pictures with the 2 missing daughters.  They have not been mentioned for years now or featured in family pictures but they adopted 2 ukrainian teen sisters. One of then is married now and it doesnt seem like the family attended the wedding.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Duggars copied the Bateses for names. Both Jackson and Josie Bates were born before Jackson and Josie Duggar. But the Duggars really limited themselves when they said only J names allowed. 

Well, except for pesky Caleb.

Not meaning to be dismissive or rude, but do many of the Bateses ILs look similar? Maybe that’s why Esther(?) dyed her hair so dark?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

8 minutes ago, llucie said:

I thought the same, but if you go back enough on her facebook you will find pictures with the 2 missing daughters.  They have not been mentioned for years now or featured in family pictures but they adopted 2 ukrainian teen sisters. One of then is married now and it doesnt seem like the family attended the wedding.

Oh!!! Interesting, I never expected sthr missing children to be daughters because her sister refers to Emerson as her only sister many times. Maybe some drama there?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a conservative Christian family adopted older siblings from another country and now that they are grown, they are basically estranged. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Duggars and Bateses were finally tied with married children. Both had 11 children married. But now when Jackson gets married, there will be 12 and no more tie. Unless Jason or James pop up with a proposal soon.

My bet for the next Duggar/Bates engagement is Jason and Clarie Langdon. And it think it will be this year. So then it will be a tie again. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I see we are back to the destination engagements, with family members in tow, with JackEmer.  And is she a Crown College student, or am confusing her with someone else? All these fundy blonde maidens are blending together.

Were Lawson and Tiff spotted in attendance? Weren't they in London (presumably en route from Turkey) a couple of days ago?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I see we are back to the destination engagements, with family members in tow, with JackEmer.  And is she a Crown College student, or am confusing her with someone else? All these fundy blonde maidens are blending together.

Were Lawson and Tiff spotted in attendance? Weren't they in London (presumably en route from Turkey) a couple of days ago?

No, she is from Florida and Jackson proposed in her hometown. So not really a destination engagement. 

You are thinking of Emma Langdon, who may be dating Warden. 

No Lawson and Tiffany, but engagement was Friday so around the time they were in London. 

• Upvote 6