IGNORED

Jackson and Emerson: Here We Go Yet Again

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

Their ENTIRE relationship has been long distance...
This statement feels fishy. LOL

It just makes it feel more rushed tbh. They have been public for around 9 months, no idea how long they have been together but they have lived apart for all of it and only had sporadic visits and both are so young. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Long distance relationships are so common in fundieland. Multiple Bates couples have done long distance before marriage. I think it’s a terrible idea personally. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

They have added items to the registry and so much white and tan/beige. None of these people know what colour is 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Looking back the number of wedding events we had seems excessive but it is totally the norm in my circles. 

We had two showers (one from each side), we each had a bachelor/bachelorette party and then we had a Jack and Jill (a very small town Ontario thing. It is a party where people pay a ticket cost and then come celebrate the happy couple, mostly they serve as something to do in small towns where there are no bars etc and you will get people who barely know the couple as well as close friends) 

We call those “Socials” on the prairies. Los of dancing, cash bar, silent auction and of course, kielbasa, cheese and crackers. They serve as fundraisers to off-set the cost of a wedding. Most of my family did not do this but it’s rare for couples to not have a social. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

We call those “Socials” on the prairies. Los of dancing, cash bar, silent auction and of course, kielbasa, cheese and crackers. They serve as fundraisers to off-set the cost of a wedding. Most of my family did not do this but it’s rare for couples to not have a social. 

I grew up in northern Ontario, and they were called “shags” there, haha. Which now sounds dirty to me. 😅 a couple of my friends still live there and had really long engagements so they could spend the first part of it just planning the shag!!! Go all out with securing donations for prizes, secured the best date, etc. One of my friends told me their shag raised over $20k!!! We don’t really have an equivalent to that where we currently live, and I was kind of glad because it was one less thing to plan and we wouldn’t have wanted that anyways (and I would have hated approaching businesses asking for prize donations). 

Re: their registry - I think it’s weird that one of the items is an Amazon prime membership. 

• Upvote 2

So funny to hear about shags and Jack and Jill's. Here in southwestern ON they are definitely Stag and Does or Buck and Doe.

• Upvote 3

I’ll put this here because they are the most recent engaged. The Insta is really feeling my fundie judging vibe today and keeps popping me funnies 0FA4904E-C0B1-4D0B-A7C9-3F75D6380991.thumb.png.a89e18843437f747757d906f2e546bb7.png

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16

I really wish these 2 were buying sunscreen and beach towels at Target for a spring break trip instead of doing a wedding registry.

• Upvote 11

14 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

So funny to hear about shags and Jack and Jill's. Here in southwestern ON they are definitely Stag and Does or Buck and Doe.

It I s funny how regional it is. I am in Southcentral ON and 90% of the time we use Jack and Jill. 

My dad used to call bachelor parties Stags though. 

I started watching their video, but I just couldn't watch it. These two are just as obnoxious as Lawson/Tiffany. I just can't. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, xenobia said:

I started watching their video, but I just couldn't watch it. These two are just as obnoxious as Lawson/Tiffany. I just can't. 

Because they are similar in maturity. Many of the Bateses seemed so immature when getting engaged and married. Ex: Carvan.

• Upvote 7

On 3/22/2023 at 10:08 AM, just_ordinary said:

But for the daughter of the cousin of my father (whatever that’s to me)

Second cousin!

I realize probably no one cares, but I felt pleased that I knew this. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

21 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

My dad used to call bachelor parties Stags though. 

That’s British I think

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

That’s British I think

Yes Stag do for men and Hen do for women

On 3/24/2023 at 6:36 PM, backyard sylph said:

Second cousin!

I realize probably no one cares, but I felt pleased that I knew this. 

I think it’s actually a first cousin once removed bc they’re the same generation and share a great grandparent, but not a grandparent. The dad’s cousin would be her second cousin. 

Snarking aside, I think Emerson Wells is a stunning name. It sounds like she should be a famous author or actress. But maybe I’m also thinking of Orson Welles and George Orwell.

I also happen to love androgynous surname names on girls, particularly the name Emerson, and I also love Wells as a first name, which is rising in popularity.

Maybe they’ll name their firstborn son Wells. It’s too bad she will have to become Emerson Bates. Not the same ring to it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

I think it’s actually a first cousin once removed bc they’re the same generation and share a great grandparent, but not a grandparent. The dad’s cousin would be her second cousin

It’s the other way around. If you’re in the same generation, you’re not “removed.” So when Zach’s a grandfather and Jeb’s a father, the kids will be first cousins once removed.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

I can't say that I always think that long-distance relationships are always bad. My husband and I dated long distance for 2 1/2 years before we got married and then spent the first 11 months of marriage apart. We weren't much older than many of the fundie couples (I was 21, and he was 23 when we married). But we weren't nearly as sheltered, and both lived independently, which makes a difference. 

• Upvote 1

According to Instagram, Emerson has asked two friends and her SIL to be bridesmaids. For sure her sister is her MOH (Emerson was hers). I am still betting on her asking Addee 

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2023 at 7:48 PM, CanadianMamam said:

According to Instagram, Emerson has asked two friends and her SIL to be bridesmaids. For sure her sister is her MOH (Emerson was hers). I am still betting on her asking Addee 

Only three bridesmaids? This is gonna be the smallest fundie wedding party of all time!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, indianabones said:

Only three bridesmaids? This is gonna be the smallest fundie wedding party of all time!

No, they haven't posted the wedding party yet, they are just sharing as she asks people. Nothing from his side.

I am guessing 6 or 7 attendants each. 

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 9:14 PM, Keys said:

Re: their registry - I think it’s weird that one of the items is an Amazon prime membership. 

It is automatically included on any Amazon registry. You might be able to take it off, but every single one I have seen includes that and a gift card.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4