IGNORED

Jackson and Emerson: Here We Go Yet Again

Coconut Flan

They could name all their kids with -son at the end. Won't that be cute? 🤮

Jackson & Emerson

Grayson, Carson, Allison, Mason, Kayson, Jameson, Bryson, Samson, Hudson, Madison, Addison, Jason, Harrison, Tyson, Anderson, Edison, Benson, Watson, Nelson, Jetson, Orson, Jefferson, Dawson, Crimson.....the possibilities are endless!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Sk8ter said:

They could name all their kids with -son at the end. Won't that be cute? 🤮

Jackson & Emerson

Grayson, Carson, Allison, Mason, Kayson, Jameson, Bryson, Samson, Hudson, Madison, Addison, Jason, Harrison, Tyson, Anderson, Edison, Benson, Watson, Nelson, Jetson, Orson, Jefferson, Dawson, Crimson.....the possibilities are endless!

I admit I’m not a huge fan of girls with son at the end because it often means “Adam’s son”-Addison. One of the only ones that doesn’t mean someone’s son is Alison. 

Emerson means son of Emery. 

• I Agree 5

And here I was hoping that Jackson was less of a douche than his brothers...

Spoiler

143D3A3A-C38A-4FB3-AEB4-118C41A1F47B.thumb.jpeg.c657723b38edf6e494733f7f23f560bd.jpeg

Ugh. She's not your freakin' possession, you idiot!

• Disgust 5
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit I’m not a huge fan of girls with son at the end because it often means “Adam’s son”-Addison. One of the only ones that doesn’t mean someone’s son is Alison. 

Emerson means son of Emery. 

I know someone named Emery who named his daughter Emerson and I rolled my eyes so hard. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I know someone named Emery who named his daughter Emerson and I rolled my eyes so hard. 

I know an Adam who named his son Addison since it means Adam’s son. Which is fine. He wouldn’t have named a daughter Addison though. Even though it’s more popular as a girl name these days.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

WAIT WAIT. How old is he? I think he is barely 19, am I wrong? I have a 18 year old kid. I know it's legal to marry but it sounds WRONG to me, especially because no birth control no divorce no financial independence (at least for the bride). 

Jackson is 21, but Emerson is 19. That's so young. 

In the current US, there is some access to birth control and people have the right to divorce, no matter what the religion says. Unfortunately there are conservatives rising in power who may want to change things, but right now she still has the legal right, no matter what the in-laws say. 

• Upvote 1

I believe Emerson goes by Emy a lot so that’s a nice nickname at least. And it’s rumored Emma Langdon is seeing Warden Bates. So Emy and Emma could be the next two Bates Brides. 

• Rufus Bless 1

The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the name Emerson, is Emerson, Lake and Palmer!!😅

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

For people that love to preach stereotypical gender roles and have a fit when someone suggests biological sex and gender aren't the exact same thing, I'm surprised when they use a name like Emerson or Addison for a girl.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know an Adam who named his son Addison since it means Adam’s son. Which is fine. He wouldn’t have named a daughter Addison though. Even though it’s more popular as a girl name these days.

I don't know a single male Addison. I guess I don't even think of it of a male name. Addison and Maddison have become girl's names in my mind. 

• Confused 1
  • I Agree 3

Just now, CanadianMamam said:

I don't know a single male Addison. I guess I don't even think of it of a male name. Addison and Maddison have become girl's names in my mind. 

Everyone else’s too. I know a male Addison, Madison, Taylor, and Emerson. But they are more popular with girls these days. 

I don't usually like -son names for girls for exactly that reason, but I have gotten soft on Emerson after meeting the cutest little toddler girl with that name.  She is the daycare's unofficial greeter and hugs my legs every morning.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

30 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I dated a guy named Addison about 15 years ago though it does seem to be more common for girls now. My daughter had 2 girl Addisons in her kindergarten class. 

34 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I don't usually like -son names for girls for exactly that reason, but I have gotten soft on Emerson after meeting the cutest little toddler girl with that name.  She is the daycare's unofficial greeter and hugs my legs every morning.

It seems like every girl with a son name goes by a Nick name. Addy, Emy, Maddy for example. Which makes sense.

• Upvote 3

Allison? For some reason I never thought of it as a -son name, though of course it is. 

• I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

Allison? For some reason I never thought of it as a -son name, though of course it is. 

Probably because it doesn’t mean Al’s son. Unlike so many other son names. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Wrong post, sorry

Edited by Melissa1977

The Spiveys have a female Carson, which I don't see as a feminine name at all. Agree, for someone who is into traditional gender roles, a lot of the -son names seem weird on girls. 

• Upvote 7

Is it just me, or do most of the Batesessess tend to marry nearly identical looking people? With a handful of exceptions -  the Sons- in- laws look very, very similar. And the same with all these Daughters in- laws. Nothing against their looks, or taste, just found it interesting. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Is it just me, or do most of the Batesessess tend to marry nearly identical looking people? With a handful of exceptions -  the Sons- in- laws look very, very similar. And the same with all these Daughters in- laws. Nothing against their looks, or taste, just found it interesting. 

I can see it. I think maybe Kelton is one of the exceptions. But I can see people thinking Bobby, Evan, and John looked alike. Of course Tiffany is the odd one out since she’s literally the only non Caucasian person in the entire family. But some of the girls look alike. They are all thin, lighter long haired, pretty white girls. Maybe that’s why Esther dyed her hair. To stand out. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Probably because it doesn’t mean Al’s son. Unlike so many other son names. 

I was really just being flippant about names ending in son. I did think of Albertson's, though, which is a store. 🙂

• Upvote 1

I don't exactly know why, maybe because she already has a dress, but I feel they will not have a long engagemnet and eill get married soonish like in summer around June or July. I just hope for her that it will not be an outdoor wedding in Florida. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

They really do look similar. The sons-in-law and the daughters-in-law look so similar, it’s hard to tell them apart. Same for some of the Bates daughters. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

For people that love to preach stereotypical gender roles and have a fit when someone suggests biological sex and gender aren't the exact same thing, I'm surprised when they use a name like Emerson or Addison for a girl.

I mean if fundies want to unwittingly help destroy the gender binary I’m good with that 😁

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

It’s not you. Take Tiffany out of the mix and I can barely tell the ladies apart. Maybe that’s why Esther colored her hair!

• Upvote 1