IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 14: The Reverse Harry - Restoring the Angevin Empire

Coconut Flan

Wow, the UK talk people are not Harry fans.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

I didn't realize he said he was using so many drugs.

hope for his children's sake he gets some rehab.

• Upvote 6

I didn't realize that about the drugs, either.  He needs help.  I remember somebody asking William what he thought about Harry getting engaged; he laughed and said hopefully it would keep Harry out of his refrigerator.  Harry and Kate always seemed to be laughing and joking together; it's sad to see the huge space between them now.

• Upvote 6

I remember that.  Then in the book Harry says he'd hoped William would invite him over, but never did.  Harry seems to have constructed an alternate reality.  

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I grew up with alcoholic parents, but I mostly remember my father often drunk. And how that affected his dealings with the outside world. Being offended when others told him something he doesn't want to hear. I can't unsee the similarities and I really hope that he not only get rehab, but will accept the help he will get there. And he deeply needs other people around him. People that don't encourage him to air his dirty laundry and his hurt fee fee's in books and talkshows for a paycheck.

21 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

They asked the one question I'm curious about since the book started to get that much attention: Where in the world is Megan? Why isn't she with him while he tingles from talkshow to talkshow?

• Upvote 8

Because she is letting him take the flack and letting him hang himself alone. She ain’t gonna go down with him no way no how. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

It's his book, not their book. He can promote it alone and answer the questions about his story and his version of his family relationships, without her being there as a distraction. I'd be staying out of this one as much as possible too.

22 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm sorry but do not bring Markle's mother into this at all. WTAF was that snide aside, she had nothing to do with Harry's upbringing and what she does or doesn't do in her private life is exactly that, private. Harry's issues have nothing to do with his mother-in-law.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I'm sorry but do not bring Markle's mother into this at all. WTAF was that snide aside, she had nothing to do with Harry's upbringing and what she does or doesn't do in her private life is exactly that, private. Harry's issues have nothing to do with his mother-in-law.

I'm not defending it.  I'm definitely not defending it, but they are going back to the Netflix series.  They're running the series and the book together in their commentary.  Doria did speak a tiny bit in the TV series.  Personally a think that was a mistake on her part.  As long as she kept quiet and in the background, they had zero excuse to look into her.  Not that I think her few sentences should open up Doria's background, but I'm guessing the commentators believe it gives them an in.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm definitely not defending it, but they are going back to the Netflix series.  They're running the series and the book together in their commentary. 

Ah, I didn't watch the series (... or read the book come to that) and it felt like it came totally out of left field in what had been to that point mostly a discussion bagging Harry. It jarred very badly, and still feels really wrong in that particular conversation.

The book at least implies that Harry’s not using drugs as much as he did. When Archie was born, he huffed all of the laughing gas. When Lili was born, he was sober and he pulled the baby out. He probably doesn’t want to say he’s clean because then he can never take a hit on a joint again. I’m actually more concerned about his drinking, which seems prodigious, is clearly continuing, and will be endlessly enabled.

• Upvote 8

24 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The book at least implies that Harry’s not using drugs as much as he did. When Archie was born, he huffed all of the laughing gas.

Who would do that and think it was OK?  That looks like sure signs of an addict to me.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

On 1/16/2023 at 1:28 PM, Coconut Flan said:

No wonder he left and says he’ll never return.

The Brits are contradictory. They’re mad at him, they don’t like his choices, but they are secretly hoping he’ll divorce Meghan and return like nothing ever happened.

32 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Who would do that and think it was OK?  That looks like sure signs of an addict to me.  

It sounds like you’re hoping he is one. Why? Such a strange thing to wish for, about someone you’ve never met.

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Because she is letting him take the flack and letting him hang himself alone. She ain’t gonna go down with him no way no how. 

That’s one theory. Another theory is that it’s only Harry’s book—why would she be promoting it?

Delighted to see that Amazon has dropped Jeremy Clarkson’s shows. This cancellation triggered another, more groveling apology from him. Nothing like money to make someone suddenly remorseful.

I hope some of the other racist haters are forced to apologize too. Karma!

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I haven’t read the passage in context but I am guessing he doesn’t think it was okay. More disclosure to disclose.

Because yeah. Taking the pain killer from your wife in labor to relieve your own anxiety is messed up. No question.

I agree with @QuiverFullofBooks that the alcohol use is the most concerning because it’s more socially acceptable and enabled.

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

one thing that stood out to me was the part about doing shrooms in Courtney Cox's house. it was an odd anecdote that paints courtney in a weird light kind of?? its confusing how he talks about valuing privacy but is telling people that courtney cox, a mother of a teenaged daughter whose peers are old enough to read spare has shrooms in her house, and that william has a cut penis. the a list celebrity crowd they want to fit into values privacy and are not going to put up with meghan and harry if they think they are going to tell their business, not sure why harry does not realize that. 

Edited by CaseyGrace
typo.
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, CaseyGrace said:

one thing that stood out to me was the part about doing shrooms in Courtney Cox's house. it was an odd anecdote that paints courtney in a weird light kind of?? its confusing how he talks about valuing privacy but is telling people that courtney cox, a mother of a teenaged daughter whose peers are old enough to read spare has shrooms in her house, and that william has a cut penis. the a list celebrity crowd they want to fit into values privacy and are not going to put up with meghan and harry if they think they are going to tell their business, not sure why harry does not realize that. 

This is Hollywood, not Kansas.

He probably enhanced Courtney’s reputation, if anything. And her daughter’s as well. 

Why do you think anyone would be bothered?

• WTF 1

Jimmy Kimmel is having a lot of fun with the stories from the book.  I don't think either Harry or Meghan will be on his show any time soon.

Edited by TN-peach
to add the link
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

They are pure late night fodder at this point as The jokes just right themselves .

If only he could have self edited some of the stories... left out anything to do with his penis especially rubbing cream on it that reminded him of his mom 🤢, been more honest with his own role in the fights - does he really think most people think he was just passive and didn't do or say anything hurtful himself?

Edited by TN-peach
spelling
  • Upvote 14

6 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

If only he could have self edited some of the stories... left out anything to do with his penis especially rubbing cream on it that reminded him of his mom 🤢, been more honest with his own role in the fights - does he really think most people think he was just passive and didn't do or say anything hurtful himself?

This just proves to be that they either have zero advisors or Harry and Meghan refuse to listen to anybody but themselves. ANYONE could have told him the cream story would not go over well. ANYONE could have told him the dick stories in general would only lead to disaster. 

And yet... here we are... oscillating between extremely sensitive and borderline traumatized. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, viii said:

oscillating between extremely sensitive and borderline traumatized. 

Just like his todger!

• Haha 22

On 1/17/2023 at 10:01 PM, Jackie3 said:

This is Hollywood, not Kansas.

He probably enhanced Courtney’s reputation, if anything. And her daughter’s as well. 

Why do you think anyone would be bothered?

well i guess a better word im looking for is discretion, everyone in hollywood has skeletons in their closet and they value discretion when it comes to other peoples business. several people knew about major scandals such as bill cosby, weintstein, etc before they broke mainstream but kept it quiet and lowkey. basically i think harry and meghan have a reputation for running their mouth and a listers may not want to be around them for it. 

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, CaseyGrace said:

well i guess a better word im looking for is discretion, everyone in hollywood has skeletons in their closet and they value discretion when it comes to other peoples business. several people knew about major scandals such as bill cosby, weintstein, etc before they broke mainstream but kept it quiet and lowkey. basically i think harry and meghan have a reputation for running their mouth and a listers may not want to be around them for it. 

Caveat. The way Harry talks about people such as Courtney Cox makes me very uncomfortable. It feels mean to accept the hospitality of a party/gathering in a private home, behave badly, and then tell all afterward in a way that implicates the hostess.

That said.

I think with social media and #MeToo that the reality values are changing. Most young people I talk to have zero expectation for privacy in the sense that they assume anything they say and do can be recorded and shared publicly. They think of privacy as “getting lost on the noise.” Basically that there is so much information out there, that nobody will focus on them.

The idea that people should be covering up bad behavior a la Weinstein and Cosby is a thing of the past. I don’t think most stars value the cover ups.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Just like his todger!

EXACTLY. I was killing myself with that reference. I say it all the time at work now because we have a lot of work talking about Spare in the lunch room. All my coworkers that were previously "sugars" are so annoyed with Harry and all the people who previously disliked him feel quite justified in their dislike. 

I just feel entertained. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, CaseyGrace said:

I haven't seen any sign that they want to be around A-listers. That's not everyone's dream.

They could have been around the biggest A-listers in the world--the royals. But they chose to move away from them. So being around other A-listers may not be that vital to them. 

On 1/17/2023 at 12:04 PM, SoSoNosy said:

I didn't realize that about the drugs, either.  He needs help.  I remember somebody asking William what he thought about Harry getting engaged; he laughed and said hopefully it would keep Harry out of his refrigerator.  Harry and Kate always seemed to be laughing and joking together; it's sad to see the huge space between them now.

It does seems that Kate was very uptight and snobbish around Meghan. It's a shame she couldn't have been more welcoming, so that camroderie could have continued.

21 hours ago, viii said:

This just proves to be that they either have zero advisors or Harry and Meghan refuse to listen to anybody but themselves. ANYONE could have told him the cream story would not go over well. ANYONE could have told him the dick stories in general would only lead to disaster. 

Why do you think he cares how it would go over? He's telling his story on his terms, without worrying about what others think. Did you want him to tell a fictionalized version that would please people?

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic