IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 14: The Reverse Harry - Restoring the Angevin Empire

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, Alisamer said:

William most definitely did have special lessons with the Queen throughout his time at Eton and likely beyond.

Lessons on what?

How do we know this? Since nothing Harry says  can be trusted, where else are these “special lessons” mentioned? 

How will Wills remember these lessons, when he assumes the throne at 55 or 65? 

Sales of Spare has broken world records! It's the fastest selling nonfiction book of all time. IT has made the Guinness Book of World records.

guiness.thumb.png.9558bc84c109dd4d28dfeb9243527b04.png

I guess it doesn't matter how many people have reserved it at their libraries. 

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

So if your whole family thinks you're delusional and paranoid, you don't think perhaps you should give it a think before publishing a book that makes you look delusional and paranoid to a large part of the population?  

Well one of the answers to that question could be that (from the article @nelliebelle1197 posted:

Harry attributed much of his changed attitude to taking the psychedelic drug ayahuasca in the interview, saying that “taking ayahuasca with the proper people” helped him finally accept his mother’s death.

He then drew a contrast between his decision to take ayahuasca and William not doing so, saying: “As two brothers, if one of you goes through that experience and the other one doesn’t, it naturally creates a further divide between you. Which is really sad. But as much as William was the first person to even suggest therapy, I just wish that he would be able to feel the same benefits of that as opposed to believing what he doesn’t need to.”

Psychedelic drugs can have a lasting negative effect on people with underlying mental conditions. And he freely admitted to taking/ abusing other drugs and alcohol. After reading that, some things for me make a little more sense for me now.

• Upvote 16

4 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Well one of the answers to that question could be that (from the article @nelliebelle1197 posted:

Psychedelic drugs can have a lasting negative effect on people with underlying mental conditions. And he freely admitted to taking/ abusing other drugs and alcohol. After reading that, some things for me make a little more sense for me now.

Daily Mail has a long run down of verifiable errors in the book - stuff like where he was and what happened when the queen mother died. If things that can be verified simply by googling are wrong, how much can this book be trusted for truth? Harry is no better than Trump - he makes up his own reality and expects everyone to buy it whole cloth because of his privilege.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Indeed.  The son of our previous neighbor fried his brain on drugs in his late teens through early 30s.  He has never recovered his previous level of brain function.  He was a very heavy user.  Perhaps I had not understood the level of Harry's drug use.  I hadn't heard of him using psychedelic drugs before his late round of revelations.  

Harry says he's sorry his brother didn't go through the therapy he recommended Harry get so the gulf widened.  Perhaps the family, UK, and even the world should be glad William didn't.  Harry himself may think he's found a way to better, but it isn't a better that's apparent in his behavior.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 19

So ruining you relationship with your family for good does at least pay.

He seems so desperate for any kind of response with his threats about what he left out. And he‘s still wondering why they don‘t trust him?

Good for them they don‘t respond. There is nothing to be gained and Harry is completely lost.

• Upvote 14

In addition to the major first four the discrepancies continue as @nelliebelle1197 said above:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11633705/Talk-recollections-vary-Harry-Meghans-truth-doesnt-match-elses.html

I also really disagree with Harry saying his truth is important, but objective fact is not.  That's the path to delusion and he's apparently firmly on it.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I just cannot understand why he think any of this will result in an apology to him or his wife.

I dont like William or Kate in particular. And there is some new research coming out lately about benefits of psychedelics and intractable depression. 

BUT...Harry sounds like a religious convert. He's worried about Wills kids? Cuz Will has shut down and didn't deal with things the same way?

I'm imagining these conversations  a few years back from a conservative traditional person's viewpoint

Harry: So willy...I took a bunch of drugs and had a vision and now I know mummy is gone for sure...but it's ok man...cuz like the clouds are nice at sunset! Have you watched the clouds man? Lemme take you to my guy...

Will: erm....you took more drugs? You want me to take drugs? I'm married now.

Harry: yeah man it'll fix you up about mummy!

Will: erm...I'm sad she's gone but...

Harry: YOU KNOW YOU WEREN'T SURE SHE WAS GONE. THE DRUGS HAVE HELPED ME SEE! YOUR KIDS ARE SPARES! I CAN HELP THEM! I CAN HELP YOU! 

Will: erm....I dont want to take drugs and I think maybe you shouldn't either. 

Harry: you don't understand! It's HELPED me. I'm BETTER now. And I'm gonna make the tabloids pay too and you'll see....you'll see....you'll regret you didn't take drugs with me and get healed! You're shut down and the drugs will wake you up!

Wills: .......erm......yes...well....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

His obsession with Williams kids is so weird to me. I get that he doesn’t want any of them to feel like spares, but I do think their upbringing is light years away from his own. Diana seemed like a lovely person, but not a particularly stable one. Katherine on the other hand, if somewhat reserved, does seem to have come from a stable, reasonably caring family, and I’m sure there’s a vast difference between how Williams kids are being raised and how William and Harry were brought up. We have learned so much about childhood development in 30 years, and Katherine seems to be very interested in that. She also, while extremely wealthy, was not titled growing up. Basically, he’s afraid that his niece and nephew are going have the same struggles he did, even though they still have their mother, the biggest drama in their life comes from him,  and the world has changed so much. 

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

William and Kate are very different from Charles and Diana so one would hope....but sadly I think the pressure cooker that is royal family probably is no good for anybody.

Maybe mixed with just being extremely wealthy and privileged kids-both seem to lead to dysfunction.

One would hope though that the BRF slowly becomes less relevant. I expect more countries will leave the commonwealth and just overall the importance seems to be waning.

Probably going more like the other European countries with monarchies that we don't know much about.

So maybe that will help William's kids. Certainly having a wild uncle off in America has got to be nice taking away all the negative attention for a few years.

• Upvote 4

Harry is kidding himself with his „concern“ for William‘s children. Has he ever thought about what his depiction of their parents will do to them?

6 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

So maybe that will help William's kids. Certainly having a wild uncle off in America has got to be nice taking away all the negative attention for a few years.

If only he were taking away the attention. He is putting them on the spot right now. 

• Upvote 4

I call bull. He isn’t concerned about his niece and nephews and He just wants to make snide cracks about baldness and insinuations about their parents and parenting. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I'm imagining these conversations  a few years back from a conservative traditional person's viewpoint

Harry: So willy...I took a bunch of drugs and had a vision and now I know mummy is gone for sure...but it's ok man...cuz like the clouds are nice at sunset! Have you watched the clouds man? Lemme take you to my guy...

Will: erm....you took more drugs? You want me to take drugs? I'm married now.

Harry: yeah man it'll fix you up about mummy!

Will: erm...I'm sad she's gone but...

Harry: YOU KNOW YOU WEREN'T SURE SHE WAS GONE. THE DRUGS HAVE HELPED ME SEE! YOUR KIDS ARE SPARES! I CAN HELP THEM! I CAN HELP YOU! 

Will: erm....I dont want to take drugs and I think maybe you shouldn't either. 

Harry: you don't understand! It's HELPED me. I'm BETTER now. And I'm gonna make the tabloids pay too and you'll see....you'll see....you'll regret you didn't take drugs with me and get healed! You're shut down and the drugs will wake you up!

Wills: .......erm......yes...well....

Laughing until I was crying 😂😂😂

• Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

One would hope though that the BRF slowly becomes less relevant. I expect more countries will leave the commonwealth and just overall the importance seems to be waning.

Probably going more like the other European countries with monarchies that we don't know much about.

Personally I think QE2 passing was essentially the final tie to the British Empire and the monarchy will become less and less relevant both in the UK and abroad. I think the Commonwealth will persist a bit longer, not least as a business network (which hosts sporting events.)

I just cannot understand why he think any of this will result in an apology to him or his wife.

Yeah that part is entirely wishful thinking, and I don't think any offered apology, no matter how sincere, would ever be enough for him anyway. I don't know what he wants exactly, and I doubt he does either.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Maybe he just wants to get back at "them" even though he's not quite sure who they are exactly.

I hope he can calm down and decompress after all this. (Doesn't seem like it)

Maybe the book and attention will be cathartic. Seems like they're well set up with supportive people in LA. I hope so for his kids' sake.

• Upvote 4

William and Kate are very different from Charles and Diana so one would hope....but sadly I think the pressure cooker that is royal family probably is no good for anybody.

Maybe mixed with just being extremely wealthy and privileged kids-both seem to lead to dysfunction.

So much the bolded.

I find W&K to be dull and uptight and devoid of insight as to how much of the world functions. They spend so much energy upholding traditions that are outdated and not in the best of their own children.

Yet, they do seem to understand royal life and to make efforts to keep their family life stable.

I wish their kids (and all the kids attached to this family) the very best. The environment is a pressure cooker and unhealthy and some seem to come out okay and many not. The worst part is that burden is forever on the younger generation because the older working royals will choose the institution over their family should things go sideways. Because that’s how it works.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I am watching Suites for the first time and Meghan’s character is cracking me up.

”They’re accusing me of leaking secrets. I’ll show them secrets!” 

• Haha 8

On 1/14/2023 at 2:02 PM, prayawaythefundie said:

Harry is kidding himself with his „concern“ for William‘s children. Has he ever thought about what his depiction of their parents will do to them?

On 1/14/2023 at 1:58 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I wonder what the media's depiction of Meghan and Harry will do to Archie and Lilibet? 

There are hundreds of sites writing terrible things about them. And only one book that criticizes Wills and Kate. It's the Sussex children who face the most damage.

In 7 years, Archie will be old enough to read. . . . here. I wonder what he'd think of the words carelessly thrown around about his father?

No matter what Kate and William do, their children are in an unnatural and unhealthy situation. They can't walk down a London street without being faced with paparazzi. Everywhere they go--to the store, to the ski slopes, to church--the paparazzi will follow. That will be there childhood. An invitation to a birthday is a huge security ordeal and probably not possible. They are followed everywhere by bodyguards.

Unfortunately, there's even more pressure on them now. There's no beloved Queen. The new King and his wife are unattractive and unpopular. It's the Cambridge children that people come to see at the Xmas walk or on the balcony. All eyes are on them. When people talk about the royals, they talk about how "cheeky" Louis is, and how sweetly bossy Charlotte is. They aren't talking about Camilla--yuck!

So there is a lot of pressure to use those kids to gain support for the monarchy, and they are trotted out more than they should be.

On 1/14/2023 at 3:33 PM, tabitha2 said:

I call bull. He isn’t concerned about his niece and nephews and He just wants to make snide cracks about baldness and insinuations about their parents and parenting. 

He should just accept the cracks that you and others make. Instead of making cracks of his own!

Same with Meghan. If she had been willing to tolerate the racism, this would never have happened. But no, she had to take offense to it. What a diva!

On 1/14/2023 at 10:56 AM, prayawaythefundie said:

So ruining you relationship with your family for good does at least pay.

That's a lucky thing, since his family pulled his security. 24/7 security costs $6 million a year.

His family brought this on themselves. They didn't do anything to quell the hate, and then they pulled his security. 

There are so many haters, it makes sense he'd want to protect his wife and babies.

11 hours ago, noseybutt said:

So much the bolded.

I find W&K to be dull and uptight and devoid of insight as to how much of the world functions. They spend so much energy upholding traditions that are outdated and not in the best of their own children.

Yet, they do seem to understand royal life and to make efforts to keep their family life stable.

I wish their kids (and all the kids attached to this family) the very best. The environment is a pressure cooker and unhealthy and some seem to come out okay and many not. The worst part is that burden is forever on the younger generation because the older working royals will choose the institution over their family should things go sideways. Because that’s how it works.

W&K are the boiled down essence of the british upper class. A lot of these traditions we see as weird and outdated are not royality specific, but class specific. And the nobility is still powerfull and influential in the UK with the House of Lords and lots of connections in economics and politics. And this privileges live on in their posh private schools, which build even further connections and distances them from the rest of the world. Which is very unique for a first world country and problematic in my eyes.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

The main unique factor to me is the House of Lords - certainly we have similar issues with Old Boys/Girls networks and (some) private schools providing both a good education (for a quite expensive price) but also an introduction to networks which are influential in certain fields (I'll never forget picking up my sister's friend from her pre-med, pre-uni starting social event and being told that everyone there went to the same six schools in the one suburb except my sister's friend, one other person from the school she'd attended and one person from a very regional state high school.) 

I doubt H&M will have much influence on class traditions changing in the UK, although they may add some fuel to the current talk about abolishing and replacing the House of Lords as an anachronistic institution - how prevalent that talk is in the UK in general though (as distinct from certain parts of twitter) I don't know.

• Upvote 4

I think as long as Harry keeps his title as Duke, he can’t really say anything at all about class traditions in the UK.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

On 1/14/2023 at 1:48 PM, treehugger said:

His obsession with Williams kids is so weird to me. I get that he doesn’t want any of them to feel like spares, but I do think their upbringing is light years away from his own. Diana seemed like a lovely person, but not a particularly stable one. Katherine on the other hand, if somewhat reserved, does seem to have come from a stable, reasonably caring family, and I’m sure there’s a vast difference between how Williams kids are being raised and how William and Harry were brought up. We have learned so much about childhood development in 30 years, and Katherine seems to be very interested in that. She also, while extremely wealthy, was not titled growing up. Basically, he’s afraid that his niece and nephew are going have the same struggles he did, even though they still have their mother, the biggest drama in their life comes from him,  and the world has changed so much. 

I think it likely helps that William and Kate have three kids, not just the two. In reading the book I found myself wishing that Diana and Charles had had one more kid after Harry - he puts so much emphasis on him vs William, how they are different, how William acted toward him, etc. So much of it is "I am the spare, woe is me" where if there had been a third he might have a bit more perspective. It's not just him. It's just how things ARE. That doesn't make it hunky dory, but he's not the only "spare" ever in existence. 

I feel like that might be what he's really missing - perspective. He's struggled, that sucks. His family isn't what he wants them (or maybe needs them) to be. That sucks. His brother's personality is very different from his and they don't seem to relate that well to each other. That sucks. The paparazzi is all over him whether he likes it or not. That sucks. His very famous mother died young. That really sucks. He got into drugs. That sucks. But he's not the only person ever to have those issues. And most of all, spilling everything out in a memoir for literally the entire world to read is not something that is likely to help resolve any of those issues. 

Like did he think the press would read the book and be all "Oh, poor Harry. Let's put a moratorium on ever mentioning him again"? Would he be happy with that? I'm thinking not really. 

I want to feel bad for him, and I do, for his circumstances. But damn if he doesn't keep making this look like a combo money grab/revenge plot sometimes.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic