IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips? Part 13

Coconut Flan

On 1/25/2024 at 8:12 AM, Columbia said:

No surprise there, Howard Phillips and Paul Pressler were extremely active in the CNP (Council for National Policy) during the time that I was a youth member.  While not as high-profile as some of the other members, they were vigorously active behind the scenes.  Doug on the other hand was always running around trying to look important, but that mainly consisted of him being ever present with his stupid Leica camera and leather case.

The whole Paul Pressler thing checks out. Paul always had an entourage of young male proteges with him at the meetings and he took a special interest in me.  Although invited, I never had a chance to visit his Houston house where I might have figured out what was going on.  I was extremely naive, but I remember running into his wife at the airport and having her look at me like she had seen a ghost. I just wanted to say a friendly hello, I had spent hours with them personally after all, but I think she was expecting another skeleton to fall out of the closet.

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, RulerOfTheQueensNavy said:

No surprise there, Howard Phillips and Paul Pressler were extremely active in the CNP (Council for National Policy) during the time that I was a youth member.  While not as high-profile as some of the other members, they were vigorously active behind the scenes.  Doug on the other hand was always running around trying to look important, but that mainly consisted of him being ever present with his stupid Leica camera and leather case.

Interesting to know, thank you. I wonder now how much his father's shrugging off the accusations against Pressler shaped Doug's expectations about how he would be treated when his own scandal dropped. That must have been pretty jarring.

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, RulerOfTheQueensNavy said:

I remember running into his wife at the airport and having her look at me like she had seen a ghost.

Imagine being married to someone like Paul Pressler and KNOWING what he was up to -- for decades, as it turns out.

Not surprising that she would dread seeing anyone who looked remotely like one of her husband's victims.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Interesting to know, thank you. I wonder now how much his father's shrugging off the accusations against Pressler shaped Doug's expectations about how he would be treated when his own scandal dropped. That must have been pretty jarring.

I wasn't a member at that time, but CNP is exceptionally good at keeping secrets.  Also, there were huge payoffs to the first victims that kept things quiet for years.  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Doug did not know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Imagine being married to someone like Paul Pressler and KNOWING what he was up to -- for decades, as it turns out.

Not surprising that she would dread seeing anyone who looked remotely like one of her husband's victims.

I've often thought of that.  I don't know how I'd live with myself if my spouse was abusing people.  However, Paul and Nancy both come from powerful rich families and hobnobbed in rarified conservative circles.  It's much easier for people to gloss over anything that would threaten their position.   Even today their settlements are confidential and an easy let down.  I don't think they've lost standing in the CNP and it seems like about the most the SBC has done is remove their stained glass tribute window from MacGorman Chapel at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. 

• Upvote 3

Soooo did anyone else catch Faith’s vintage [used] lingerie sale on instagram 🫣

This family is wild! ..perhaps she is breaking away from the patriarchy?! 

313497ED-70FA-49E1-BC3C-578E31C6C876.jpeg

AE8B4814-DDF9-49D5-8E0B-AA09C2ED8D58.jpeg

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

Liberty was in DC this weekend at the Iwo Jima anniversary “helping veterans.” And she managed to squeeze in a bae-cation with her greasy, deadbeat boyfriend. Shew all those fancy dinners with her boo must be exhausting 😮‍💨

(he’s the short one on the right end)

097B9F03-CB35-4414-8923-DC35FAC8CE51.jpeg

Edited by ptm6114
  • Thank You 6

On 12/2/2023 at 5:58 PM, Antipatriarch said:

I miss Libby Anne.

I also miss Mel from When Cows and Kids Collide, who abruptly quit blogging when the Maxwell girls moved out. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 2/15/2024 at 10:58 AM, ptm6114 said:

Soooo did anyone else catch Faith’s vintage [used] lingerie sale on instagram 🫣

This family is wild! ..perhaps she is breaking away from the patriarchy?! 

313497ED-70FA-49E1-BC3C-578E31C6C876.jpeg

AE8B4814-DDF9-49D5-8E0B-AA09C2ED8D58.jpeg

I've followed her IG for a few years now. I sense some definite personal change and maybe deconstruction, but still so much adherence to her family's expectations. She's very talented musically and in the vintage fashion world, has made connections with musicians and events that are definitely not fundie approved, yet she continues go on the larping grift trips with her sister and doesn't talk critically about her childhood/parents. I have a lot of empathy for her (over her siblings and their choices in life, from what I know of them) as it's got to be difficult and confusing to be in her shoes, having obvious ambition that doesn't fit in with how she was raised. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, TrueRebel1 said:

I've followed her IG for a few years now. I sense some definite personal change and maybe deconstruction, but still so much adherence to her family's expectations. She's very talented musically and in the vintage fashion world, has made connections with musicians and events that are definitely not fundie approved, yet she continues go on the larping grift trips with her sister and doesn't talk critically about her childhood/parents. I have a lot of empathy for her (over her siblings and their choices in life, from what I know of them) as it's got to be difficult and confusing to be in her shoes, having obvious ambition that doesn't fit in with how she was raised. 

I think this a very well thought out perspective! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

A friend recently found this posted by Operation Cheatball.. so Liberty convinces people to donate to her charities.. so she can attend events and hookup/spend the night with the active duty soldiers at said events?! 

27C93869-9D9E-4B47-A2F3-41922CCE8CE8.jpeg

• Thank You 1

"A" sure looks like it's Durango, CO.  Not surpised, she lived there for a time after the Texas scene imploded and Beall + kids moved to Durango out of the blue.  I think they were there for a year or two.  And there was some type of performing troupe there that had Doug all hot and bothered. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Calvinist theo-bro vibes

Yes. The co-founder, Chris Ayoub, was a USAF Academy grad & then officer. The USAF Academy is well known for being a rat's nest of evangelicalism. I somehow doubt that these people will discuss VF & Dougie at any length, if at all. Their primary targets so far look like the wealthy mega-churches, judging from their IG videos. 

• Thank You 2

They have Voddie's questionable book listed as one of their research sources. No way they'll touch anyone outside of generic charismatic prosperity gospel. (Including Costi Hinn as a resource is an excellent illustration of what I imagine they'll produce, given how he tried to stand up to a big-name Calvinist pastor and wound up folding in a matter of days.)

Spoiler

image.png.e5e42fd4b3eab8d2c0415c4571f25c97.png

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know if the instagram is public, but Justice Phillips has a veeerrryyy interesting post up about his teenage years. Short version- a lot of his teenage years are fuzzy because he was pretending to be somewhere else or trying to sleep through it. AKA disassociating. 

so maybe another Philips kid finally deconstructing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thank You 4

15 minutes ago, frumperlicious said:

I don’t know if the instagram is public, but Justice Phillips has a veeerrryyy interesting post up about his teenage years. Short version- a lot of his teenage years are fuzzy because he was pretending to be somewhere else or trying to sleep through it. AKA disassociating. 

so maybe another Philips kid finally deconstructing. 

Just the fact that Justice spend most of his life very far away from his family working a physically demanding job on a boat in the middle of the ocean speaks volumes to me. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

That's terribly sad. I hope he's able to get some help with that. I've wondered how long it might take before the reality of everything they lived through starts rattling some of those kids.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, frumperlicious said:

I don’t know if the instagram is public,

Itʻs private but paraphrasing content is OK. 

What a sad thing for him. I hope that he is finding satisfaction & worth in the life he currently leads.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting thread that features R.J. Rushdoony, and (of course) Howard Phillips. I don't know why, but I have a hard time remembering Rushdoony was alive in the 70s and 80s. And I don't know if I ever realized just how much power Howard Phillips held and how many high connections he had.

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

This is an interesting thread that features R.J. Rushdoony, and (of course) Howard Phillips.

Thank you for linking to that Twitter thread - it's a worthwhile read.

Between protecting sexual predators like Paul Pressler and pushing Rushdoonyʻs theocratic evil, Howard Phillips was not a very nice man. In fact, he was pretty terrible so perhaps it's no wonder that Doug Phillips is such a POS human being. 

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Thank you for linking to that Twitter thread - it's a worthwhile read.

Between protecting sexual predators like Paul Pressler and pushing Rushdoonyʻs theocratic evil, Howard Phillips was not a very nice man. In fact, he was pretty terrible so perhaps it's no wonder that Doug Phillips is such a POS human being. 

It makes me wonder if he had any behind the scenes control of VF, or if he pulled any strings. How much of the theology put out by VF was at the request of Howard?

• Upvote 3