IGNORED

William & Kate 2

Coconut Flan
Destiny
Message added by Destiny,

If you want to discuss downvotes and the use thereof, take it to CD please.

Kate needs to start earning her keep. She had 90 engagements last year. Bear in mind, a phone call, a zoom meeting or a football match counted as an "engagement" for the purposes of this list. So she "worked" 90 days this year, but that "work" may only have taken an hour. Nonetheless, she "worked" 3 months and took the other 9 months off, apparently.

What did she do the other 275 days of the year? She doesn't do any cooking, laundry or cleaning, and she doesn't have babies. She has a staff of helpers. Someone even comes to cut the family's hair. What does she do all day?

In contrast, Meghan had 76 engagements over 16 days, while she was pregnant (on their Oceania tour). The royals took a huge loss when she left. She knew how to work.

FkViHaqWAAAKQh0.jpg.79a4e07864bea0a865fdea252a251538.jpg

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 3

On 12/16/2022 at 8:02 AM, AmazonGrace said:

They have been photographed arriving at a carol concert. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11542943/Prince-George-Princess-Charlotte-match-parents-William-Kate-outfits-carol-concert.html

There is no photographic proof whether they went to school or not.

The children attend a day school. They are not homeschooled. They are probably on break at the moment.

• Move Along 3

@Jackie3 Kate may have only worked 90 days this year (mind you that her carol concert also counts as one engagement but will probably have taken more than one day to set up) and yet she managed to occupy your mind all 365 days. 😉

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3

54 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

@Jackie3 Kate may have only worked 90 days this year (mind you that her carol concert also counts as one engagement but will probably have taken more than one day to set up) and yet she managed to occupy your mind all 365 days. 😉

I mean, the same can be said about you and Meghan. 😉

But I will agree that @Jackie3's obsession with Kate is toxic and unhealthy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

LOL, she wasn't out there on a ladder hanging up lights.

Every day she made a phone call to set up this event, it was counted as an "engagement'. So all her "work" was counted.

What DOES she do all day? She doesn't even have time to issue a statement saying, "Articles expressing the desire to hurt my SIL are wrong." Maybe that is too contraversial?

• Move Along 1

38 minutes ago, viii said:

My feelings towards Kate are mild contempt for a lazy grifter, who gets along on her looks. 

The feelings of contempt against Meghan are at a different level altogether.

• Move Along 2
  • Haha 1

I see the royal schedules and even with the more minimal ones I think: just shoot me now. There has to be planning and clothes and briefings that happen before. And the traveling. And following protocol. And smiling whether you feel like it or not.

While a strange job, it’s still a job.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

I see the royal schedules and even with the more minimal ones I think: just shoot me now. There has to be planning and clothes and briefings that happen before. And the traveling. And following protocol. And smiling whether you feel like it or not.

While a strange job, it’s still a job.

I'd love to earn millions a year for smiling when I don't feel like it. Right now, I do it for free.

They have staff--whole offices--to do their planning and briefings. They have plenty of help with their clothes, generally a valet or dresser or another staffer.

The smiling they have to do themselves, but they are well-paid for it.

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, viii said:

Actually, no. I don‘t need to bring her up in every discussion that isn‘t even about her and I don‘t watch her series or listen to her podcast or read about her other than this forum (if posting here makes us obsessed, then we all are). My knowledge about Meghan is a byproduct of her constantly bringing herself back into royal life because I follow the Waleses. 

6 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

She doesn't even have time to issue a statement saying, "Articles expressing the desire to hurt my SIL are wrong." Maybe that is too contraversial?

If my SIL was doing what Meghan is, I wouldn‘t either. The article is absolutely disgusting but you can‘t expect to be defended by those you attack on a daily basis. Gotta be realistic.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

If my SIL was doing what Meghan is, I wouldn‘t either. The article is absolutely disgusting but you can‘t expect to be defended by those you attack on a daily basis. Gotta be realistic.

I think you are the only one doing the attacking. Haven't heard Meghan or Harry make a single attack.

"it was terrifying to be screamed at by my brother" -- not an attack.

"The media was making me scared for my babies"  -- also not an attack

"We had an appt with the queen that was later cancelled" -- not an attack.

"Meghan is a narcissist who was a B list actress and just wanted to wear tiaras. She plays the race card whenever anyone insults her race." -- definitely an attack

I understand you want to maintain the status quo, for whatever reason. You need to understand that the status quo is racist. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
Trying to drag in discussion from another thread.
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

"Meghan is a narcissist who was a B list actress and just wanted to wear tiaras. She plays the race card whenever anyone insults her race." -- definitely an attacK

Not sure who you are quoting because I never said any of those things.

I admit that I continue to be annoyed by Meghan‘s behaviour but I have unfollowed more than one Cambridge (back then) fan insta because I didn‘t like them hating on her. Like with this thread, I think that W&K topics/accounts should focus on them. You keep dragging Meghan in here all the time.

• Upvote 6

Kate’s number is shockingly low. It actually felt as if she worked more this year, yet is was on of her worst I think. 
Just shows how good PR can work with low numbers.

With all the streamlining and modernising the monarchy in mind, I think as P&P of Wales they should both come to around 150 each. So they can settle on 200-250 when King and Queen. And either put a bit more and better effort into and show some humbleness for their alleged passion projects (Earthshot & Early Years) or stop trying to invent the wheel again and take over successful and established schemes. Wiliam could take on the Princes Trust and really get into Duchy and Kate would fit well into the DoE Programm. They most definitely should be very visible for UK charities and stuff, so that the public feels as if it’s worth to keep them on. And that means through all classes and backgrounds. 
They were lucky the press needed them as golden couple to pin H&M against them. The wind can turn quickly though. They are stupid if they don’t grab the opportunity and ride this wave not just through being written up as great against the others but by generating long term positive PR possibilities. Well, they are stupid because it seems they haven’t acted yet. They have weathered extremely bad public perception before, but with H&M leaving the game of some sort, the tabloids will resume bashing W&K in no time.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

They were lucky the press needed them as golden couple to pin H&M against them. 

Ding ding ding. William and Kate didn't really start to get consistent, positive publication on them until 2018. Gee, I wonder what happened that year? 

22 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

LOL, she wasn't out there on a ladder hanging up lights.

Every day she made a phone call to set up this event, it was counted as an "engagement'. So all her "work" was counted.

What DOES she do all day? She doesn't even have time to issue a statement saying, "Articles expressing the desire to hurt my SIL are wrong." Maybe that is too contraversial?

The person (a private citizen who took it upon himself nor anyone in the media or working for the BRF) who compiles this relies only  on the Court Circular which doesn’t reliably record everything. For example, Catherine did a tree planting event at Westminster Abbey on Dec 14 which is not in the CC. If you read through it, it doesn’t record simple phone calls only conference calls for things like the royal foundation. Likewise with meetings. It does not record staff meetings, meetings like those that involved the organization of the Carol event, etc… Using that source as the only judgement on anyone’s work is questionable. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Kate has been named Colonel of the Irish Guards. This would normally be pretty boring news. William and Camilla also got assigned new regiments (Welsh Guards & Grenadier Guards respectively) and it only really matters once a year for Trooping the Colour.

Here‘s why I‘m mentioning it though: The honorary colonels usually appear on a horse‘s back in the parade and Kate is not known to ride (either not at all or very little). She has never been seen on a horse in public and there has been speculation about whether she is allergic (doubt it), afraid (my guess) or just never learned to ride a horse (probably true for either of the aforementioned reasons.) Now I wonder how this will play out.

Any horse experts here? Would one have to be skilled to participate in this role in the parade on a horse or would it be fairly easy to teach a total beginner (if they were willing to learn) to hold themselves up and control a very well-trained animal for like an hour?

2 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Kate has been named Colonel of the Irish Guards. This would normally be pretty boring news. William and Camilla also got assigned new regiments (Welsh Guards & Grenadier Guards respectively) and it only really matters once a year for Trooping the Colour.

Here‘s why I‘m mentioning it though: The honorary colonels usually appear on a horse‘s back in the parade and Kate is not known to ride (either not at all or very little). She has never been seen on a horse in public and there has been speculation about whether she is allergic (doubt it), afraid (my guess) or just never learned to ride a horse (probably true for either of the aforementioned reasons.) Now I wonder how this will play out.

Any horse experts here? Would one have to be skilled to participate in this role in the parade on a horse or would it be fairly easy to teach a total beginner (if they were willing to learn) to hold themselves up and control a very well-trained animal for like an hour?

Whether or not she can ride a horse, the whole thing is absurd. It's like cosplay.

Kate has never been part of the military. I doubt she knows anything about military life or protocol. And she is now a leader of this group? They must find it an absurdity to salute to her. These awards are meaningly, and only show how far Britian is from a meritocracy.

In the US, it's considered disrespectful to wear a military uniform unless you've served in that branch. The British aristocracy do this all the time. You'd think they'd be embarrassed. Most of them have never seen combat. A few did some time in the military, but received all sorts of special privileges. Kate has never even done this.

Give her recognition for something she has earned, and is good at. "Most Fashionable Royal"--that would be fair and probably true.

An interesting note about the Irish Guard.

The Irish Guards are known throughout the British Army as "the Micks" or "Fighting Micks."

That's charming.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2

8 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I don’t think it really matters. I kind of doubt we will see K on horseback for the occasion but who knows. 
Wouldn’t advise that you would put a beginner, especially a nervous one out there. Even on a well trained horse. You never know what might tip them off. 
My guess is, she won’t be on a horse. Not sure about Camilla and even KC either to be honest. It’s not a definite requirement to be on horseback. HMTQ & PP weren’t able at one point- at least not for this occasion which is different than an easy ride through the countryside.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Camilla has had a colonel position since 2007 and never appeared on horseback or in uniform. The Queen stopped riding on horseback for Trooping in 1986 and didn’t appear in uniform after she stopped. It’s not required and it seems unlikely that Catherine will. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

So an IG account did the Court Circular count and came up with very different numbers than the ones published right now. 168 for Catherine, 200 for William. 

I would guess it's dependent on how it is counted. For example, if a day on tour is counted once or by each engagement. And that would go for everyone's numbers, so, again, a reason that no one should really be judged by it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

So an IG account did the Court Circular count and came up with very different numbers than the ones published right now. 168 for Catherine, 200 for William. 

I would guess it's dependent on how it is counted. For example, if a day on tour is counted once or by each engagement. And that would go for everyone's numbers, so, again, a reason that no one should really be judged by it. 

Of course it depends on how it's counted.

If you count "Yes, that sounds fine, please set that up" as a business meeting, you will get a higher count.

• Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Of course it depends on how it's counted.

If you count "Yes, that sounds fine, please set that up" as a business meeting, you will get a higher count.

And that's not recorded in the Court Circular at all. Since the people doing this counting are using the Court Circular, they wouldn't be counting that. Especially given that they are all private citizens and would have no access to information not recorded there. 

Your ability to distort reality is really quite amazing. I have to wonder how it screws with your every day life. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

For example, if a day on tour is counted once or by each engagement. And that would go for everyone's numbers, so, again, a reason that no one should really be judged by it. 

I think you are saying, "Just don't judge Katherine for anything. If you do, I'll defend her."

Well, that' line of reasoning should stand for all the royals.

• Fuck You 1

@Jackie3 I agree that many British royal traditions feel archaic, like relics of times long ago. Some I like anyway for the pomp, some I don‘t.
But why would British aristocracy care how it is done in the US? You have made clear that you think Americans don‘t need to follow any rules and social norms but their own even when abroad (many of your fellow citizens seem to disagree). Are you now telling us that everyone should consider US norms even when in their own country?

• Upvote 8

32 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

@Jackie3 I agree that many British royal traditions feel archaic, like relics of times long ago. Some I like anyway for the pomp, some I don‘t.
But why would British aristocracy care how it is done in the US? You have made clear that you think Americans don‘t need to follow any rules and social norms but their own even when abroad (many of your fellow citizens seem to disagree). Are you now telling us that everyone should consider US norms even when in their own country?

I agree with you 100%. I don't think the British care about our customs.

I was just pointing out the differences in the two cultures.

Here in the US, it's disrespectful to put on a uniform if you aren't part of the military.

In Britain, aristocrats put on military uniforms and are given military honors that they haven't earned. They "lead" troops, even with they lack the skills, military training and experience to do so. 

When I was young, I thought all the royals (including Anne!) were war heroes because they wore so many medals. But really, they were just given those honors because. . . I'm not sure why. Why ARE they given all those medals?

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic