IGNORED

William & Kate 2

Coconut Flan
Destiny
Message added by Destiny,

If you want to discuss downvotes and the use thereof, take it to CD please.

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I agree. Maybe if you count all the hours up individually? But I think even then we get more than 88.

How you count makes a difference for sure.

Like when they went to the Carribean, do you count the flight as working hours or not? If I hire a craftsman, they will bill the drive to my place. Going to work is already seen as work in their business. But for many other professions working hours only start when you arrive.

Or how about the jubilee concert / pageant? Was that work or did they actually get free tickets (and superb seating) to an event others had to pay for?

Edited by prayawaythefundie

In the end, I think the general criticism is well deserved though. They should do more. Bump it up to 150/180. It would take the heat off, even with power players like Charles and Anne. I don’t think we can expect more, especially in comparison to other crown couples. From there it’s only a small step to close the gap to the other monarchs when the time comes. 

• Upvote 2

The kids are in school all day. They could do an event each day the kids are in school. And how many of us still have to work while our kids have school vacations? They don't need to take weeks off multiple times each year and still be there for their kids. 

The fact that they don't, and that their much older relatives do, is kind of appalling. I read an article the other day about a report a British Think Tank did that basically said the RF will abolish itself unless the younger generation does more. 

• Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic