IGNORED

William & Kate 2

Coconut Flan
Destiny
Message added by Destiny,

If you want to discuss downvotes and the use thereof, take it to CD please.

The British press won’t publish paparazzi shots of the Wales children as part of the deal. They just don‘t buy them, so the photographers can‘t earn money with them that way. They can try to sell them to non-UK magazines and online platforms but as long as they aren‘t „scandalous“ (think Kate‘s topless pics that were published in France), there isn‘t that much interest. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

So where are these thousands of intrusive snaps by fiendish paps that might be terrorizing the poor scared Royal dumplings?  Because I never see them. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

You don’t know that at all. Fact is They only go with their parents on carefully curated walk abouts and events but this is All part of their education and something they must learn though it stands to reason G&C are pretty immune by now. 

Part of their education? They need an education on how to smile, wave, shake hands, say hello?  Why would anyone need to be "educated" to do these things?

Kate wasn't educated to do this stuff, yet she does it fine.  Same with Diana.

Why would the Cambridge children need to be "educated" to do these simple things?  Why is it something to be "learned"? How long does it take to "learn" these "skills"?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Kate wasn't educated to do this stuff, yet she does it fine. 

Actually, it is assumed that she was, as would be common for people in the public eye. It does not come naturally for everyone and Kate has always been described as shy. Especially children would need some sort of training though.

Btw, this is part of the training Meghan claims to not have received when she would have needed it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

I can't imagine who would even be interested in buying or seeing daily paparazzo shots of some kids, no matter how famous.

"Look, here are the Cambridge kids going to school on Monday."

"Look, here are the Cambridge kids going to school on Tuesday."

"Get this, guys, here are the Cambridge kids going to school on Wednesday."

"Guys, you gotta see this, the Cambridge kids went to school on Thursday." ¨'

It would be the boringest boring gossip rag ever to see the light of day.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 13

11 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I can't imagine who would even be interested in buying or seeing daily paparazzo shots of some kids, no matter how famous.

"Look, here are the Cambridge kids going to school on Monday."

"Look, here are the Cambridge kids going to school on Tuesday."

"Get this, guys, here are the Cambridge kids going to school on Wednesday."

"Guys, you gotta see this, the Cambridge kids went to school on Thursday." ¨'

It would be the boringest boring gossip rag ever to see the light of day.

You think there’s no media interest in the Cambridge children? 

That’s a joke, right?

This one’s so easy to disprove, it’s like an Xmas gift! Thank you!

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Oh they do no doubt but they are young children who mostly go to school and back other than big Royal occasions and the odd vacation  then it’s just  Mostly About how well behaved, well dressed  and cute they act. 

No one is pursuing these children down the street or yelling at them or putting mikes/cameras in their faces  Or worse, making up salacious tales to sell the rags.  It’s just not happening. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

You think there’s no media interest in the Cambridge children? 

That’s a joke, right?

This one’s so easy to disprove, it’s like an Xmas gift! Thank you!

So glad to help your with your Christmas shopping.

You will find that you will always be able to easily disprove things that you made up that nobody said.

The reason you and I know these kids exist is because the media is interested in them.

However, I guarantee that  nobody is interested in seeing daily paparazzo shots of them going to school. 

Not for long anyway. Because it's super boring. 

If somebody had some photos of George skipping school to go shoplift or something, that would be different.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Here's a video of William yelling at a pap for stalking his children last year. I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen to every family on a Sunday bike ride.

https://www.tiktok.com/@madeforthemedia/video/7142208725443546373?is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7142208725443546373&lang=en

If you say you are better than everyone, and deserve special rules, people are going to be interested in you. Wills needs to learn this. He should have earned his own money. Then no one would be interested in him and his family.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Disgust 1

Going back a generation, here's Diana trying to protect her kids from the paparazzi. There's a video of the entire interaction in the new H&M docuseries.

Diana says they've had "15 cameras following us today." While they were on vacation! Apparently, the public didn't find the royals vacation pictures boring at all.

639203f68580f70019f800da.thumb.webp.1e92c495e3923d5b28ad995dfee1af75.webp

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1

Kensington Palace issued a statement complaining of paparazzi harassment of baby George. He is  the paparazzi's "number one target" according to the statement, written by the Palace communcations secretary. Wills and Kate were complaining of photographers hiding being sand dunes and using long-range lenses. They monitored the movements of the little prince and his nanny.

https://wwd.com/business-news/media/kensington-palace-complains-of-paparazzi-harassment-of-prince-george-10202440/

Knauf said photographers are using long-range lenses to capture images of the duchess playing with her firstborn in private parks and using children in playgrounds to help draw Prince George into view.

In one instance they hid in sand dunes on a rural beach to capture images of Prince George playing with his grandmother, and they have also been monitoring the movements of the prince and his nanny around London.

“It is clear that while paparazzi are always keen to capture images of any senior member of the Royal Family, Prince George is currently their number-one target,” Knauf’s letter read.

“We have made the decision to discuss these issues now as the incidents are becoming more frequent and the tactics more alarming. A line has been crossed and any further escalation in tactics would represent a very real security risk,” he wrote.

Knauf noted that last week, police discovered a photographer camped out in a car with darkened windows beside a children’s play area, attempting to take images of Prince George. “The worry is that it will not always be possible to quickly distinguish between someone taking photos and someone intending to do more immediate harm,” Knauf wrote.

A photographer camping out in a car by a playground! Those pics of baby George must be worth a lot, for someone to do that.

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Actually, it is assumed that she was, as would be common for people in the public eye. It does not come naturally for everyone and Kate has always been described as shy. Especially children would need some sort of training though.

Btw, this is part of the training Meghan claims to not have received when she would have needed it.

Exactly. It is why they want newcomers to start slowly but Harry was the one that said that Meghan was ready to hit the ground running during their engagement interview. 

Either you need training or you don’t. You can’t claim that training is not necessary and then later claim you weren’t offered training. 

• Upvote 10

@TN-peach I think this was part of the idea she didn’t need training and wouldn’t get much anyway. H&M probably overestimated how much her job could count as preparation for this. And BP wasn’t interested in taking much effort with a spouse down the line. 
I still think this narrative of the ready to go, super experienced, busy bee made her downfall so much quicker. With all the praise that was created, there was no way on earth she, or anyone else, could have constantly delivered on that level. Why H&M went along with this, I don’t know. Or maybe that wasn’t their call? But I can’t see KP pushing the super glamorous, elegant, educated, good public speaker, not as workshy as some unnamed others, humanist narrative that made M look like everything K isn’t. So I think H was happy to have the upper hand in the spouses department and loved all this. Till it turned against them.

And to crash all the fun: I actually dislike the Christmas Card. Why a summer picture? Why not at least autumn? And the matchy colours look drab against the vibrant green. Kate blouse should have had two more buttons open and she sticks out weirdly against the blueish group of four. The walking element also looks weird. It’s like a 2000 commercial for a family insurance. Sorry, but they can do better.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

@TN-peach I think this was part of the idea she didn’t need training and wouldn’t get much anyway. H&M probably overestimated how much her job could count as preparation for this. And BP wasn’t interested in taking much effort with a spouse down the line. 
I still think this narrative of the ready to go, super experienced, busy bee made her downfall so much quicker. With all the praise that was created, there was no way on earth she, or anyone else, could have constantly delivered on that level. Why H&M went along with this, I don’t know. Or maybe that wasn’t their call? But I can’t see KP pushing the super glamorous, elegant, educated, good public speaker, not as workshy as some unnamed others, humanist narrative that made M look like everything K isn’t. So I think H was happy to have the upper hand in the spouses department and loved all this. Till it turned against them.

And to crash all the fun: I actually dislike the Christmas Card. Why a summer picture? Why not at least autumn? And the matchy colours look drab against the vibrant green. Kate blouse should have had two more buttons open and she sticks out weirdly against the blueish group of four. The walking element also looks weird. It’s like a 2000 commercial for a family insurance. Sorry, but they can do better.

Yup, Kate‘s slow start into royal duties has earned her mich criticism but seems to have been the better survival strategy from today‘s point of view. Whether her level of commitment (although she does more now) will be enough in the future remains to be seen.

And finally some dislike for the Christmas card! It was getting a bit creepy without any. 😄

• Upvote 2

I thought the picture was nice, but then went looking for the "Christmas Picture" when it was mentioned.  I agree that the season is wrong for anything but a picture of a family stroll.

• Upvote 3

They never do a typical Christmas picture, it's always from something earlier in the year. It's better than their 2021 Christmas card but I think their best card was 2018. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Kensington Palace issued a statement complaining of paparazzi harassment of baby George. He is  the paparazzi's "number one target" according to the statement, written by the Palace communcations secretary. Wills and Kate were complaining of photographers hiding being sand dunes and using long-range lenses. They monitored the movements of the little prince and his nanny.

https://wwd.com/business-news/media/kensington-palace-complains-of-paparazzi-harassment-of-prince-george-10202440/

A photographer camping out in a car by a playground! Those pics of baby George must be worth a lot, for someone to do that.

Vacations and new-baby photos have more novelty value no doubt.

Let me know when you find the gossip rag clamoring for  daily pictures of George going to school every day of the week.  I could use some help getting to sleep and I think 500 slightly different photos of the same child getting out of a car in front of a building would do the trick.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I thought the picture was nice, but then went looking for the "Christmas Picture" when it was mentioned.  I agree that the season is wrong for anything but a picture of a family stroll.

The photo is OK, I guess, but hereʻs the thing: between the slew of official BRF photographers and Kateʻs photographic ambitions, youʻd think they could come up with something better.

Unlike the rest of us, the BRF would appear to have choices. In my case, a summer photo will often be the only thing we have to use for a holiday card because everyone is in it and/or looking at the damned camera with eyes open and not crying/frowning/squinting into the sun/etc., etc. 

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Maybe this is the photo that spoke to them. Perhaps they didnt' want a slick commercial look. Maybe they weren't trying to please the public, but themselves. If so, good for them! It's great they are not trying to please random people in the US

Edited by Jackie3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Let me know when you find the gossip rag clamoring for  daily pictures of George going to school every day of the week.  I could use some help getting to sleep and I think 500 slightly different photos of the same child getting out of a car in front of a building would do the trick.

If you are looking for a headline that says, "We want daily photos of George", you'll be a looking a long time. Headlines like that don't sell. The Palace wouldnt' allow it, anyway.

And it would lead to more harassment for little George, so why would you want such a thing? Leave the kid alone.

That's a bit distasteful, honestly.

It's very interesting you think that there's no market for Cambridge children photos. They are among the most sought after photos in the world, probably worth tens of thousands!

People don't hide in sand dunes unless they can sell pictures for thousands.

When a picture does come out, it is seen by so many people and is so influential that the clothes they are wearing immediately sell out. Says a lot about the interest in these children.

However, I believe that these kids should be shielded from the press as much as possible. Their childhood will never be normal, and will probably be lonely, but they should be given a chance, at least.

I've seen videos of them in a shop trying to buy school supplies. The media hadn't gotten wind, but the children were surrounded by the public. Everyone was holding up cameras, all pointed at their tense little faces. It was sad.

I can remember how much fun it was to shop for school supplies, the royal kids didn't have that. They looked stressed, trying to hard to ignore the camera and the curious, staring faces.

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

If you are looking for a headline that says, "We want daily photos of George", you'll be a looking a long time. Headlines like that don't sell.

Exactly my point. Boring as heck. Thank you!

• Upvote 8

And if they had closed up the shop people like our Jackalope would have had a bitch fit about how entitled they are, how they are teaching the children  to be out of touch, how they are stopping people from getting getting their own children items and so on. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Exactly my point. Boring as heck. Thank you!

Yes, no one likes to hear the press whining. It's dull and who really cares?

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 4
  • Confused 1

Here's some paparazzi going after the Middleton's! They aren't even royals!

These paps would love a daily pic of George. Wouldn't find it boring at all and would make them rich!

.download-1.jpg.8069e197b8c584b96bfc0e9e8a417293.jpg

Here's a disturbing story about a photography trying to snap a pic of George from inside a car trunk:

Already concealed by darkened windows, he took the added step of hanging sheets inside the vehicle and created a hide stocked with food and drinks to get him through a full day of surveillance, waiting in hope to capture images of Prince George.

“Police discovered him lying down in the boot of the vehicle attempting to shoot photos with a long lens through a small gap in his hide.”

Daily pic? The paps would love an hourly one.  

But they won't admit it. The paps like to pretend they are "respectful" and "giving the family space." 

No wonder the Cambridge children always look scared or bewildered. Imagine facing this whenever you go out.

download-4.jpg.ec32af8f5d95946fb8bb58000d93e425.jpg

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1

non sequitur

/nɒn ˈsɛkwɪtə/

noun

noun: non sequitur; plural noun: non sequiturs; noun: nonsequitur; plural noun: nonsequiturs

a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

Latin, literally ‘it does not follow’.

They have been photographed arriving at a carol concert. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11542943/Prince-George-Princess-Charlotte-match-parents-William-Kate-outfits-carol-concert.html

There is no photographic proof whether they went to school or not.

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic