IGNORED

William & Kate 2

Coconut Flan
Destiny
Message added by Destiny,

If you want to discuss downvotes and the use thereof, take it to CD please.

Because Hollywood making is up humble praise vanity awards  and awarding them to each other with Sussex’s collecting them like Pokémon cards in for no discernible reason is far more worthy..

Charles is and was an environmentalist and Advocate way before most people even knew what the word meant and Both sons have spoken about how he tried to influence them from a very young age so  I don’t think William being a spokesperson for climate change and the like is necessarily a purely PR move at all. 

In fact as Charles must now temper himself and William taking up mantle is not a bad thing at all.

• Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Charles is and was an environmentalist and Advocate way before most people even knew what the word meant and Both sons have spoken about how he tried to influence them from a very young age so  I don’t think William being a spokesperson for climate change and the like is necessarily a purely PR move at all. 

Charles is an environmentalist. Absolutely. He (for the most part) walks what he talks. I have no doubt that he has tried to influence his sons since they were small. However, William being a spokesperson for climate change reads as PR because unlike his dad, he doesn't walk the walk. The only time he seems to make a noticeable effort with the environment is when he's preaching about it. Otherwise, he's taking a helicopter every weekend to Anmer, etc. He just doesn't seem as genuine as his dad, which is why he comes across as performative and fake.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, viii said:

Otherwise, he's taking a helicopter every weekend to Anmer

Last weekend he was seen at his kids‘ school christmas fair near Windsor. They usually got to Anmer on school holidays.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Last weekend he was seen at his kids‘ school christmas fair near Windsor. They usually got to Anmer on school holidays.

Last weekend doesn't negate years of behavior. They travel to Anmer a lot, not just on school holidays. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

41 minutes ago, viii said:

Last weekend doesn't negate years of behavior. They travel to Anmer a lot, not just on school holidays. 

Maybe so but exaggeration can undermine otherwise legitimate criticism.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

You think I'm exaggerating? Please show me examples of William being climate conscious because I can assure you, there are more examples of him not. 

• Upvote 2

Before they moved to Adelaide Cottage, there were plenty of media reports that indicated they traveled via helicopter to Anmer Hall every weekend. So I stand by what I say - William is only climate conscious when it suits him, which makes Earthshot nothing more than PR. 

• Upvote 1

We are all only climate conscious when it suits us or we wouldn‘t be in that much trouble.

ETA: I don‘t even know why I‘m still replying. Being alone with a three month old all day makes you lonely, I guess. 😅

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 8

True, but majority of us don't also have the stage of that William does, nor do we create things like Earthshot. He's held to a higher standard, and I find that he lacks his worth a lot of the time. I'm tired of the hypocrisy of the BRF in general. 

And it's cool - babies can drive you mental. You gotta pick your way to stay sane and if it's arguing over William, by all means lol. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 2

Isn't it the criticism for most climate activists? The outspoken ones in Hollywood use private jets (Leonardo DiCaprio and others).  Greta Thunberg is criticized because her support team flew to meet her when she sailed across the Atlantic.  I am sure there are other examples. It seems that most of the leaders are "do as I say not as I do."

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, TN-peach said:

Isn't it the criticism for most climate activists? The outspoken ones in Hollywood use private jets (Leonardo DiCaprio and others).  Greta Thunberg is criticized because her support team flew to meet her when she sailed across the Atlantic.  I am sure there are other examples. It seems that most of the leaders are "do as I say not as I do."

It is, but they're not the focus here in this thread - William is. But yes, most "activists" are the underwhelming same. 

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, TN-peach said:

Oh, William and Kate are not the only climate hypocrites. They may be the only ones who live off handouts, though. Flying a surgeon by helicopter to a hospital is one thing. Flying William out to Scotland to shake hands is another.

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, TN-peach said:

It is and we might have to reconsider our standards because (even if Greta seems to be quite close) there will probably never be the „perfect“ activist who implements every single carbon emission cutting measure in their life.

Maybe we would get more people to do SOMETHING if we weren‘t constantly screaminig „don‘t preach because you still do X, Y & Z and they are all toxic for the climate“. Maybe we‘d reach more goals if we accepted the imperfect activists and encouraged everyone to make some kind of contribution and then some more step by step instead of making it look like you have to return to the middle ages all together lifestyle-wise.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

21 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

It is and we might have to reconsider our standards because (even if Greta seems to be quite close) there will probably never be the „perfect“ activist who implements every single carbon emission cutting measure in their life.

Maybe we would get more people to do SOMETHING if we weren‘t constantly screaminig „don‘t preach because you still do X, Y & Z and they are all toxic for the climate“. Maybe we‘d reach more goals if we accepted the imperfect activists and encouraged everyone to make some kind of contribution and then some more step by step instead of making it look like you have to return to the middle ages all together lifestyle-wise.

I'd be satisfied if William stopped flying everywhere in private helicopters. I mean, it's not like he's throwing his toilet paper rolls in the garbage. He is doing something that is unnecessary and has a HUGE carbon footprint. He flies in private helicopters and planes and then tells others what to do.

He isn't just a hypocrite, he's a GIANT hypocrite. He doesn't just put his wine bottles in the trash. He doesn't just throw food waste in the garbage instead of composting. He travels in the most wasteful, damaging and inefficient way possible--for no reason other than convenience. 

• Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 3

@Jackie3 No, you will never be satisfied with anything William & Kate will ever do. What‘s so tiresome about it is that you keep presenting your hate as factual criticism and it‘s really not well disguised.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

It's like the average Joe is a 40% climate hypocrite, and Wills is 95%.

On top of that, Joe is driving his gas guzzler to work so he can feed his family.

Wills is flying in a private helicopter so he can cut a ribbon in Scotland. With a 1 billion net worth, he can feed his family either way.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 2

With all this blathering over William flying to Scotland to shake hands, I have an honest math question.  How long does it take to drive from wherever William is leaving from, to wherever William is going to shake hands?  Considering that when he goes to shake those hands, he is on Company Business, how many security police are involved?  Are they paid by the mile, the hour, the day, and what about their meals/hotel rooms?  All of these things have a carbon footprint somewhere, so how much more is a quick helicopter jump and back?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

3 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

With all this blathering over William flying to Scotland to shake hands, I have an honest math question.  How long does it take to drive from wherever William is leaving from, to wherever William is going to shake hands?  Considering that when he goes to shake those hands, he is on Company Business, how many security police are involved?  Are they paid by the mile, the hour, the day, and what about their meals/hotel rooms?  All of these things have a carbon footprint somewhere, so how much more is a quick helicopter jump and back?

That is a question I haven't thought of before.  Is a motorcade or helicopter more environmentally sound? Not to mention the inconvenience of the other drives when there is a motorcade. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I don't really care about William using a helicopter for work purposes. It seems impractical to me, but it's probably a lot easier for them than traveling by car. What bothers me is the non-work related uses for helicopters, like flying to Anmer plenty of weekends (god forbid I say every weekend and get accused of exaggerating again) or taking private planes on holidays. I know Will and Kate have flown commercially a handful of times in the recent years, which is a step in the right direction, but they still have a lot of work to do to not be so hypocritical. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, TN-peach said:

That is a question I haven't thought of before.  Is a motorcade or helicopter more environmentally sound? Not to mention the inconvenience of the other drives when there is a motorcade. 

It is a question that I have thought of every single time the subject comes up, it just seems that the answer is pretty simple.  And really, it applies to them going to Anmer Hall, or anywhere else they go.  They are direct line heirs, and they have heavy security.  QEII hopped on and off helicopters, too.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

LOL, they use that helicopter for very short trips around England!  They use it to go from Amber Hall to London! These are for holidays, not even official business. Apparently, it happens so often that the Queen spoke up (though she was concerned about a crash, not the environment)

The Queen was recently “uncomfortable” with Prince William and Kate Middleton’s frequent use of the royal helicopter to travel from their country home at Anmer Hall to London, especially since she doesn’t want direct heirs to the throne traveling together.

This is a only a 2.5-hour drive, but apparently it's too much for the Cambridge, the staunch environmentalists. They choose to take a private helicopter, purely for the convenience.

prince-william-duke-of-cambridge-and-catherine-duchess-of-news-photo-1658231585.jpg.3091e414cf34a5ecc1ffc19c635bb7e0.jpg

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 12/7/2022 at 6:35 AM, viii said:

Charles is an environmentalist. Absolutely. He (for the most part) walks what he talks. I have no doubt that he has tried to influence his sons since they were small. However, William being a spokesperson for climate change reads as PR because unlike his dad, he doesn't walk the walk. The only time he seems to make a noticeable effort with the environment is when he's preaching about it. Otherwise, he's taking a helicopter every weekend to Anmer, etc. He just doesn't seem as genuine as his dad, which is why he comes across as performative and fake.  

Even Charles flies private. He tells us what to do, he doesn't do it himself. He's been flying in private planes since he was a young man. Inventing gasoline made of wine (or whatever he did) is very nice. However, it doesn't make up for the huge carbon footprint of flying yourself and a handful of your caretakers on a private plane.

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1

These are incredibly stupid arguments @Jackie3. You do realize that William and Kate will have multiple engagements hours apart in a day, right? And I am assuming you don’t understand that a king cannot really travel in economy on Virgin Airlines right? His security does not allow that.

Did you know Kate and William flew commercially for their recent Boston trip and fly commercially when not on state business? It is all available in the British press. You know who are oh so important and who needs so much security they fly privately all the time? Harkels. 

• Upvote 18

On 12/9/2022 at 2:41 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

These are incredibly stupid arguments @Jackie3. You do realize that William and Kate will have multiple engagements hours apart in a day, right? And I am assuming you don’t understand that a king cannot really travel in economy on Virgin Airlines right? His security does not allow that.

Did you know Kate and William flew commercially for their recent Boston trip and fly commercially when not on state business? It is all available in the British press. You know who are oh so important and who needs so much security they fly privately all the time? Harkels. 

Oh, dear.

1. They flew commercially because they knew they'd be roasted in the press if they did not. The vast majority of the time, they fly privately.

Basically, they were trying to deceive the public. 

2. Charles has flown commercial before. Why do you think he "can't"? He and his people dominate first class, but it has been done. It's just less conveneient. Kate has also flown commercially. There are stories and photos about it in the press. Go check it out. They can fly commercially, they just usually don't because. . . why bother? They can just call the helicopter.

3. Lots of people have "multiple engagements a year". If they all flew private, the planet would be in a worse mess.

4. Charles "engagements" are hardly vital to the world. He is not a sick man flying to a city for surgery. He is not a doctor flying to provide aid to a country devastated by an earthquake. He is going to shake hands and wave to people, in an effort to keep the monarchy together.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic