IGNORED

Denmark

tabitha2

21 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

So should we expect Joachim to be the next spare giving an interview to Oprah?

It wouldn’t shock me. He’s proven to not be above whining to the media. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Ahh, No. But if they tried to pull that somewhere.. Let’s just say Queen Margarethe would probably go very hard on them much more than Charles is on Harry.  She is not sentimental character.

Edited by tabitha2
  • I Agree 1

It strikes me as weird to have royalty placed in senior foreign service roles. But then again, there is always tension between career foreign service diplomats and the political appointees.

It makes sense that former royalty would do well in diplomacy careers. It’s not all that different from what they were groomed for.

Maybe this is the smart way to downsize royal families. Flip them to the diplomatic side and call it good.

• Upvote 3

He may or may not be as entitled and as Butthurt but Joachim is much more experienced,sophisticated, better educated and more intelligent than Harry though that’s not hard of course. He should do well enough. 

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Joachim is much more experienced,sophisticated, better educated and more intelligent than Harry though that’s not hard of course. He should do well enough. 

This "job" is probably a sinecure. Let's hope that Joachim has more honor & sense than Andrew who had a quasi-diplomatic role promoting the UK's business interests.

I agree that QM will drop the hammer hard if Joachim screws up like Harry or Andrew. 

• Upvote 2

If he wants to do an Oprah intereview, he certainly can. I doubt his mother is going to try to compromise his freedom of speech. Even if she wanted to, how would that happen? She's a queen, not a dictator. (A true Queen would have nothing to fear by another person's truth.)

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

He may or may not be as entitled and as Butthurt but Joachim is much more experienced,sophisticated, better educated and more intelligent than Harry though that’s not hard of course. He should do well enough. 

But can he do better than Harry? Harry has a gorgeous home, tens of millions, powerful friends, interesting work. Joachim may be more experienced (he is 53 to Harry's 38) but he'd be hard put to do better than that!

On 1/1/2023 at 8:17 PM, tabitha2 said:

Margarethe is not the pliant  conflict avoiding mother/G Mother QE2 was. 

And she's lost her son as a result.

7 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Why not? If he wants to share his story, that's a healthy thing to do.

Edited by Jackie3

• 7 months later...

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/royal-scandal-brewing-crown-prince-frederik-of-denmark-has-apparently-been-photographed-spending-the-night-in-another-woman’s-apartment.5434010/

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark! 

Crown Prince Fred of Denmark is accused of an affair. He was photographed entering a Spanish socialites house at 1:30 am and not emerging until morning. Not necessarily saying they had sex but the optics aren’t good! 

Fred has been married to Mary since 2004 (I think) and they have four children, aged 12-18. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

@viii Somehow I knew you’d be the first here with this juicy “scandal” ;)

As per royal SOP The Danish Court will stay mum and the Mexican woman has vehemently denied all this. We will know the truth by the way Mary acts in coming weeks…they are very tight  and  if she starts not being seen at engagements with him or suddenly taking trips abroad or home to Australia we know something changed. She has invested too much in the RF and will stay for her children esp   The Future King  to divorce I think. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

@viii Somehow I knew you’d be the first here with this juicy “scandal” ;)

As per royal SOP The Danish Court will stay mum and the Mexican woman has vehemently denied all this. We will know the truth by the way Mary acts in coming weeks…they are very tight  and  if she starts not being seen at engagements with him or suddenly taking trips abroad or home to Australia we know something changed. She has invested too much in the RF and will stay for her children esp   The Future King  to divorce I think. 

"The Mexican woman" ?

Her name is Genoveva Casanova. She's 47,  a famous actress and a socialite. She's a self-made millionaire, and also incredibly gorgeous. She was once married to a Duke (and a Count!), who a direct descendant of British royalty and one of the richest families in Europe. 

Crown Prince Fred of Denmark is accused of an affair. He was photographed entering a Spanish socialites house at 1:30 am and not emerging until morning. Not necessarily saying they had sex but the optics aren’t good! 

She is Mexican, not Spanish. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

And her name is Casanova? That‘s pretty good. 😄

The snark really writes itself with that one.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

The snark really writes itself with that one.

Are we laughing at the Danish prince, too, or just his Hispanic paramour?

• 1 month later...

Super surprising, since she was another monarch that indicated she would rule until death. Hopefully she just got sick of a lazy son and decided it was time he pulled up his socks so she could quit giving a fuck and go back to painting and having fun. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

This is totally unexpected. She has always said she believed the throne was for life and there has only been one other abdication in Danish Royal History almost which was almost 1000 years ago. This just does not happen 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1

What With her back and her being a life long smoker which probably doesn’t help plus the death of her husband and the family dramas it’s been a few tumultuous years. I think  maybe she might have really wanted the full reign and passing as Queen but saw now as a suitable time to go out while she can still be able to enjoy a retirement and manage her pain. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rosamundi said:

Queen Margrethe has announced her abdication

BBC News - Queen of Denmark announces abdication live on TV https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67854395

Good sheʻs already done the difficult work of demoting Frederikʻs brother & his family. Otherwise, the new king would be left to deal with  that family of spongers.

4 hours ago, viii said:

Didn’t she have back surgery this year? Back pain is the worst. I don’t blame her for being like PEACE. ✌🏻

Yes, she said that the back surgery, though successful, made her reconsider staying on for life.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

What she is doing is very reasonable. It’s only surprising because of her previous overly rigid comments. With modern medicine, it’s possible to linger a lot longer than it was when the life-long “rules” were formed.

• Upvote 2

I wonder if this will spur more abdications. King Harald in Norway is almost 90 and has been in worse health than QMIII in and out of the hospital 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

I wonder if this will spur more abdications. King Harald in Norway is almost 90 and has been in worse health than QMIII in and out of the hospital 

King Harald is loved though. 😂

• Upvote 1

abdicating seems like the sensible thing to do, concerning your offspring

it must be a lot easier coping with the stress of becoming the king /queen if you don't also need to cope with funerals and the grief and stress of having just lost your parent at the same time

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

abdicating seems like the sensible thing to do, concerning your offspring

it must be a lot easier coping with the stress of becoming the king /queen if you don't also need to cope with funerals and the grief and stress of having just lost your parent at the same time

It's all about ego. The narcissistic ones with the big egos can't get off the throne. Hate to say it, but QE2 fits that bill. I can't image watching my son reach his seventies waiting for something that I could give him right now.

I mean, maybe Charles didn't want it. That's possible. But it still would've been better for the monarchy for Liz to step down earlier.  

• I Agree 1