IGNORED

Denmark

tabitha2

Perhaps she looked at Charles and realized he waited 73 years to start his job, and wanted to do better for her son. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, noseybutt said:

King Harald is loved though. 😂

Isn‘t Margrethe popular for her quirkiness?

Edited by prayawaythefundie

12 hours ago, noseybutt said:

King Harald is loved though. 😂

The Danish Monarchies approval ratings for all the senior family are extremely high nearing 90% 

• Thank You 1

The BEC crowd over at Royal Dish is having a field day with this, as you might imagine. They have gone from years of hating on CP Mary to now sympathizing with her & dumping on Frederik. Their working theory is that in addition to retiring, QM also wanted to force Frederik into some kind of responsible adult life after the fallout from the affair in Spain where he ditched his security detail to go to his assignations. 

I feel sorry for the kids. They didn't ask for any of this. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

abdicating seems like the sensible thing to do, concerning your offspring

it must be a lot easier coping with the stress of becoming the king /queen if you don't also need to cope with funerals and the grief and stress of having just lost your parent at the same time

And the retired monarch can be a great source of help for the next one. Instead of having a big funeral as the literal first big gig for the new monarch and spouse, the former monarch in there in the back can give advice for the coronation. And when everything is done can watch the coronation with a cocktail in hand and some snark on their lips.

For Queen Margarethe, I wish her peacefull years of retirement and maybe her abdication will show other monarchies that retirement is something that a ruling monarch deserves.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Denmark unfortunately doesn’t do coronations. They just announce his accession from a balcony and carry on. The BRF is one of the few monarchies left that have a lot of pomp and pageantry left. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, viii said:

Denmark unfortunately doesn’t do coronations. They just announce his accession from a balcony and carry on. The BRF is one of the few monarchies left that have a lot of pomp and pageantry left. 

That’s unfortunate. I was hoping for another coronation. 

Hopefully once she’s officially Queen, CP Mary can finally wear a different tiara. I’m over the ruby floral thing on her. It’s too busy most of the time 

• Upvote 1

She has a large selection to choose from including some unique ones now at her disposal used just by Queens and those used by other Royal ladies she could borrow if she wanted. 

On 1/1/2024 at 12:48 PM, hoipolloi said:

The BEC crowd over at Royal Dish is having a field day with this, as you might imagine. They have gone from years of hating on CP Mary to now sympathizing with her & dumping on Frederik. Their working theory is that in addition to retiring, QM also wanted to force Frederik into some kind of responsible adult life after the fallout from the affair in Spain where he ditched his security detail to go to his assignations. 

I feel sorry for the kids. They didn't ask for any of this. 

What will happen to Miss Casanova? Is she the new Camilla, mistress on the side?

22 hours ago, viii said:

I wish they did I love the pomp.

The Nordics do like their  parties and balls though and have more glittery Tiara events than the other monarchies so there is that :)

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

The Nordics do like their  parties and balls though and have more glittery Tiara events than the other monarchies so there is that :)

Yeah, it balances out. The Scandinavian countries have more tiara events than the BRF. Unfortunately, I don’t care about their jewels the way I do about the BRF’s. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, viii said:

Yeah, it balances out. The Scandinavian countries have more tiara events than the BRF. Unfortunately, I don’t care about their jewels the way I do about the BRF’s. 

The BRF seems to have more range. I love the Swedish RF’s tiaras, but they tend to wear the same few. This magpie wants more variety in her sparkles! 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

The NYT has a glowing profile of CP Mary:

She has become internationally acclaimed among royal watchers for her distinctive sense of personal style and her outspoken commitment to progressive causes, including climate change advocacy and sustainability, as well as the rights of women and children.

In Denmark, she is adored. And in her native Australia, the unlikely story of their Tasmanian princess has for decades prompted frothy headlines and extensive coverage of their homegrown member of the Danish royal family and her much-vaunted wardrobe.

• Thank You 3

I have always really liked her. Mary was and is an Smart accomplished professional women who fell in love and put all that drive into becoming a Smart Professional Royal Women. Moving many thousands of Miles to adapt to very very culture  let alone a Royal family and Learning fluent Danish as an adult takes ovaries  :) 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Takes ovaries! I’ve never heard that term before - it’s brilliant. 

I’ve always thought highly of Mary. She seems like a hard worker and a good mother. She deserves better than to be publicly humiliated by her troll husband. I’m glad she’s going to be queen - she’s put the work in. 

Plus, it’s fun to watch royaldish melt down over this since they haaaaaaate her. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, viii said:

Takes ovaries! I’ve never heard that term before - it’s brilliant. 

I’ve always thought highly of Mary. She seems like a hard worker and a good mother. She deserves better than to be publicly humiliated by her troll husband. I’m glad she’s going to be queen - she’s put the work in. 

Plus, it’s fun to watch royaldish melt down over this since they haaaaaaate her. 

This may sound like a strange question, but is she humiliated?

I am asking because I have several friends who don't really have expectations of life-long fidelity, regardless of their wedding vows. They do expect discretion and privacy. One of my friends was upset when her husband had an affair, but it was more about the timing and situation around it rather than a sense of betrayal. It was very strange to me, but definitely a reminder that not everyone makes the same agreements within marriage.

I would assume that after 20 years of being married and in the spotlight, it’s embarrassing for your husband to be caught cheating on you. Nobody wants to be in that position. Perhaps they have an agreement, but he wasn’t discreet and he wasn’t smart about it (ie ditching his security detail). Given that a lot of articles are speculating Margarethe’s decision to abdicate was sped up by Fred’s behaviour, I think the general consensus is that Mary didn’t approve of Fred cheating so publicly on her. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, viii said:

How come they hate her? The Australian media goes the other direction usually with Our Princess Mary which frequently grates on me. Currently the more tabloid ones are having a field day claiming she's about to flee her marriage and return to Tasmania... yeah, nah. Seriously, it'd be to Sydney and even that's not likely!

• Upvote 2

I have no idea why they hate her. They created the board years ago (like 2007ish I think) primarily to hate on her. Now they hate on some other royals and love a select few. It’s a fascinating board to skim. The delusion is strong with some posters there and they all seem like middle aged women, too. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Posted (edited)

She is a very beautiful woman accomplished and successful in her previous life as commoner  who caught the love of a handsome ish Crown Prince then had four equally beautiful well behaved children. She is adored by the Danes and her in laws love her. Not a hint of scandal has ever touched her and she has  amazing style too boot. 

So of course  some pathetic people will hate her because they ain’t her. Pure jealousy and envy mostly. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 3

I would love for you to comment that on royaldish. The women would combust at the very suggestion that they’re jealous of Mary, or Mosh as they call her. Who knows why. 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, viii said:

I would love for you to comment that on royaldish. The women would combust at the very suggestion that they’re jealous of Mary, or Mosh as they call her. Who knows why. 

That would be turning into another Trolletta and I actually have a life:) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

I think it's great that there won't be a coronation. It's respectful of the Danish people. The money will be better spent elsewhere.

17 hours ago, viii said:

I would assume that after 20 years of being married and in the spotlight, it’s embarrassing for your husband to be caught cheating on you. Nobody wants to be in that position. Perhaps they have an agreement, but he wasn’t discreet and he wasn’t smart about it (ie ditching his security detail). Given that a lot of articles are speculating Margarethe’s decision to abdicate was sped up by Fred’s behaviour, I think the general consensus is that Mary didn’t approve of Fred cheating so publicly on her. 

Makes sense.

23 hours ago, viii said:

Maybe they have no agreement, and she wants to divorce. She's leaving the throne because it would be bad for the monarch to divorce (not sure why it would be bad, exactly, since people divorce all the time)