IGNORED

Trump 58: Bringing Covfefe to a Battle of Wits With The FBI

GreyhoundFan

12 minutes ago, Howl said:

Oh  my gosh, y'all,  Holy Crap, Rufus on a red tin roof, sweet Jesus on a school bus, adorable kitten in a bubble bath!!!!!

SCOTUS has ruled that TRUMP'S TAX RETURNS be turned over to House  Democrats. 

Sadly I still think he'll find excuses to delay through the holidays until the Republicans take over the House.

Edited by Audrey2
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Oh  my gosh, y'all,  Holy Crap, Rufus on a red tin roof, sweet Jesus on a school bus, adorable kitten in a bubble bath!!!!!

SCOTUS has ruled that TRUMP'S TAX RETURNS be turned over to House  Democrats. 

I came right here when I saw the news to celebrate with you find folks and by celebrate I mean laugh and laugh and laugh. Ol’ Orange is discovering that the three he helped get shoved onto the court no longer need him and, as he has done to many others, their loyalty ended when his usefulness ended. Not even one of them dissented. Cue up the social media tirade about them and Clarence! I look forward to seeing the nicknames he gives them. 

• Upvote 6

57 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I look forward to seeing the nicknames he gives them.

"I think that guy in the black robe brought me coffee once."

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Sadly I still think he'll find excuses to delay through the holidays until the Republicans take over the House.

After I posted this, I thought "Wait a gosh darn minute! Who is actually providing the tax returns?"  

I'm still not clear -- it's not the IRS.  I'm assuming it's Trump providing them and @Audrey2, you're right -- he'll most certainly delay until Republicans take over the House. 

Those taxes exist somewhere and a hard copy could be run off or sent digitally to the House Ways and Means Committee STAT.  But they won't.  More delay, more obfuscation.  

Which also brings me to...Jack Smith.  How will Jack Smith deal with people who defy subpoenas?  It's rather delicious to contemplate -- will people fuck and around and then find out?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, Howl said:

After I posted this, I thought "Wait a gosh darn minute! Who is actually providing the tax returns?"  

I think it is the IRS.  “The Supreme Court on Tuesday cleared the way for the Internal Revenue Service to release former President Donald Trump’s tax returns to a Democratic-led House committee.”  CNN - Supreme Court  I’m hoping they expedite this process, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

51 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I’m hoping they expedite this process, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

I hope so too, the sooner the better. 

I'd also like to see his high school grades and a testimonial from each of his college professors.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

a testimonial from each of his college professors.

Some of them have spoken up.  Trump was a pathetic student. 

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

I think it is the IRS.  “The Supreme Court on Tuesday cleared the way for the Internal Revenue Service to release former President Donald Trump’s tax returns to a Democratic-led House committee.”  CNN - Supreme Court

Well, that's a relief.  It's not like IRS hasn't had 6 years to prepare.  Also, what years of tax returns are they getting?

Michael Cohen was on Ari Melber Show tonight.  (No Ari, there was a guest host).  Anyway, Michael is like, why bother with taxes at this point?  There is so much other evidence of Trump's malfeasance and criminality. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

So...Jack Smith sustained a knee injury (bicycle accident) that required surgery and will be in the Netherlands recovering "for some time."  

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

Cynical me wonders whether the R leadership decided it was time to fully throw the orange one under the bus but make it look like the Dems did it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

Cynical me wonders whether the R leadership decided it was time to fully throw the orange one under the bus but make it look like the Dems did it. 

That's not cynical.  That's realistic.  They were happy to prop him up if he was helping them win voters but this last election demonstrated that he was actually costing them votes.  They don't want to lose his base so they'll squawk a bit about "political witch hunt" but they won't save him this time.

He's over on Truth Social whining about the Supreme Court not hiding his taxes.  

Spoiler

1340889746_Screenshot(11989).png.72a909cec341c8870eb1ec16fa0d5327.png

And there's also little bit of nonsense:

Spoiler

654376725_Screenshot(11990).png.6b490ab7507bbae6289b9d55f5ed068b.png

• Eyeroll 11
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

Well, yes, I think some element of this is definitely happening!  Trump is being thrown under the bus and it's delicious.  We'll see though. Trump might be like one of those guys who you think has been done in, and then pops back up. 

Back to Jack Smith.  Back in May 2021 (!), one of Sarah Kendzior's predictions was that Merrick Garland would punt on Trump and appoint a Special Counsel.  Yup, a year and a half ago she predicted this and here we are.  There is zero reason Garland needs a Special Counsel, by the way.  

Sarah Kendzior also pointed out that, when an entity does not act SWIFTLY to deal with a coup attempt (Jan. 6 was an attempted coup), they want the coup to succeed at some level.  And our government and DoJ have not acted swiftly.  Yes, hundreds of those who rioted at Jan 6 have been charged, many have been tried and convicted.  

Have any Representatives and Senators who were obviously part of the coup been charged? No, they have not. 

Plus, Mike Flynn still continues to flounce around, and his brother, Gen Charles Flynn, who was obviously part of holding back the National Guard, is happily commanding United States Army Pacific.  All of the sycophants who were put in place at the Pentagon at the last minute are still living their best lives, free as free can be.  

Sarah also predicted in that same tweet that  Biden would not get rid of DeJoy, Dems would not pass the Voting Rights Act and Wray would still be around. 

• Thank You 6

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Sarah Kendzior also pointed out that, when an entity does not act SWIFTLY to deal with a coup attempt (Jan. 6 was an attempted coup), they want the coup to succeed at some level.  And our government and DoJ have not acted swiftly.  Yes, hundreds of those who rioted at Jan 6 have been charged, many have been tried and convicted.  

Have any Representatives and Senators who were obviously part of the coup been charged? No, they have not. 

Plus, Mike Flynn still continues to flounce around, and his brother, Gen Charles Flynn, who was obviously part of holding back the National Guard, is happily commanding United States Army Pacific.  All of the sycophants who were put in place at the Pentagon at the last minute are still living their best lives, free as free can be.

Should one infer from this that the attempted coup is still in progress or has succeeded at some level? 

Speculation:  While Trump, Pence, and DeSantis currently appear to be very different flavors of R, following the R primary they'll line up hard behind the winner...as they consistently do.  Even Trump, who I'd expect to make a lot of noise if he doesn't win (assuming he isn't in federal custody), won't effectively object.  Who the winner is will then affect the flavor, but not the overall intent, of the intrusion.  The alternative would be the running of an R candidate who is solidly non-right-wing and can somehow win while multiple other candidates are pulling votes away AND can somehow make a difference with aforementioned Reps, Senators, Flynns, etc still in the picture.

Am I stretching the concept too far?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Should one infer from this that the attempted coup is still in progress or has succeeded at some level? 

Speculation:  While Trump, Pence, and DeSantis currently appear to be very different flavors of R, following the R primary they'll line up hard behind the winner...as they consistently do.  Even Trump, who I'd expect to make a lot of noise if he doesn't win (assuming he isn't in federal custody), won't effectively object.  Who the winner is will then affect the flavor, but not the overall intent, of the intrusion.  The alternative would be the running of an R candidate who is solidly non-right-wing and can somehow win while multiple other candidates are pulling votes away AND can somehow make a difference with aforementioned Reps, Senators, Flynns, etc still in the picture.

Am I stretching the concept too far?

Oh, I think Pence and DeSantis would cooperate for the good of the party, I just don't think Trump would. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Oh, I think Pence and DeSantis would cooperate for the good of the party, I just don't think Trump would. 

I don't think Trump would cooperate either, but I believe he might (kind of) shut up long enough to let it happen.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

I don't think Trump would cooperate either, but I believe he might (kind of) shut up long enough to let it happen.

and will his devoted fans allow it? I just saw a guy in a pick up truck with two huge trump flags up and I'm not even in a red area! 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Trump would shut up in return for a promised pardon.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Xan said:

That's not cynical.  That's realistic.  They were happy to prop him up if he was helping them win voters but this last election demonstrated that he was actually costing them votes.  They don't want to lose his base so they'll squawk a bit about "political witch hunt" but they won't save him this time.

He's over on Truth Social whining about the Supreme Court not hiding his taxes.  

Hide contents

1340889746_Screenshot(11989).png.72a909cec341c8870eb1ec16fa0d5327.png

And there's also little bit of nonsense:

Reveal hidden contents

654376725_Screenshot(11990).png.6b490ab7507bbae6289b9d55f5ed068b.png

Well let’s analyze his complaint about SCOTUS losing its honor, prestige, and status and becoming more than a political body, shall we? When did that start happening? I would say over the last couple of years. I would also say it started when the Court was stacked in favor of the Rs. Say, weren’t the three of the four last appointments- one third of the sitting Court- made by Trump? Gosh, it’s almost like the three appointed by Trump were picked by certain Rs who knew they would likely take the chance to overturn the well-established stare decisis grounded Roe v. Wade. It’s as if those three were hand chosen to help turn the SCOTUS into a political body, thus allowing the Court to lose its honor, prestige, and status. I wonder who could be directly held responsible for that outcome? 

Oh look, it’s the consequences of your actions, you biscuit head. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I was young once and made some questionable clothing choices but holy shit -- where's the rest of that dress?  That's really just an odd bathing suit.

Edited by Xan
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

But for why is a married father of five grandfather of who knows because I don’t care to know supposed family man running for POTUS (again) hero of the evangelical far right and all those hardcore Christians posing for this picture? No need to answer- I already know. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

That is a whole lot of photoshop. I wonder if he thinks he actually looks like that. 

• Upvote 7

Okay, that black dress. This is something that has completely boggled my mind since I first started seeing dresses in this style. I’ve only ever seen women wearing them in photos, so I have no way to collect real life data. Probably a good thing, since nothing says creepy like intensely watching someone go about their evening. Micro mini or not. 😂 

How do you sit down while wearing it??!! Really - HOW? It doesn’t seem possible unless you’re planning on going all Basic Instinct on your fellow partygoers. Do you just accept that you’ll be standing for the entirety of the function? Super awkward if it includes a sit down meal. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

46 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Lol

Cool, cool. So they’re all gonna shut their traps about the laptop and buttery males* and all their other bullshit, right? Like just drop it all, stop any investigations, never mention it ever again? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

*My rage at Comey just came back full force all over again. 

• Upvote 6

Brand new headache for the Count of Mostly Crisco:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/24/politics/e-jean-carroll-trump-battery-defamation-lawsuit/index.html

E. Jean Carroll is kicking his ass in multiple courtrooms and it is fantastic! Perhaps under this new law some of his other victims will come forward and file suits. He thought he was clever having Bill Clinton’s accusers sitting up front during his debate with Hillary (because wives are responsible for the sexual abuse and assaults their husbands commit?) when he himself gleefully declared he likes to sexually assault women on the Hollywood Access tape. So let’s hope it starts really costing him in real ways! 

• Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic