IGNORED

Erin & Chad 9: The Paine of it All

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

She's as much of a troll as many of the fundies we follow -she's firm in her own chosen kool-aid. I finally muted her only after this thread, because occasionally prior she had made salient points. This thread... I just can't.

How do you mute a poster? I know It has been already shared, but i forgot how to do It, i tried to look on the poster profile with no luck 

I’ve noticed them post bizarre things in other threads too. Like apparently they had no idea that some people have name themes for their kids, or that a couple getting married would get annoyed by other people announcing an engagement or a baby at the wedding. (Not all couples, but probably a lot). 

Edited by mango_fandango
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

How do you mute a poster? I know It has been already shared, but i forgot how to do It, i tried to look on the poster profile with no luck 

Click on your account on the top right, bring down the drop down menu and the very last item is Ignored Users. Click on that then add who you want. Others may have more technical directions.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Done thanks @WiseGirl i had another poster on the ignore list, so i once knew how to do It, but completely forgot 😅

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Erin and Chad just announced that they're moving to Florida. Despite posting a 13 minute video about it, they barely mentioned any details besides the "many doors the Lord opened for them". They spent most of the video reminiscing about the nine years (has it really been that long?) that they spent in their rental.

Apparently, they'll be 50 minutes away from Alyssa.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 20

They really didnt explain why the move at all. A lot of talk about God leading them there and a great new church family.

Wasnt there another fundie couple that moved to Florida recently? like maybe last year or so? i wonder if its the same church.

• Upvote 7

Chad's grandfather is in Florida. They went to visit him last month, it was probably also a preliminary move. Erin mentioned that their current businesses could be moved (and Trace is taking over Chad's existing client base). She has been distancing herself from her family from sometime and now she is moving away 

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 1

Moving away from her family…babysitters? Best friend, Tori?  What about all those animals? Trace picking those up too?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 11

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Moving away from her family…babysitters? Best friend, Tori?  What about all those animals? Trace picking those up too?

They say in the video they plan to move with all the animals so wherever they are moving must also be rural.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

That’s what I was thinking. Michael is her free babysitter and Tori is supposed to be her best friend. I wonder how much time she will actually spend with Alyssa even though she’s only 50 minutes away. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Erin and Chad just announced that they're moving to Florida. Despite posting a 13 minute video about it, they barely mentioned any details besides the "many doors the Lord opened for them". They spent most of the video reminiscing about the nine years (has it really been that long?) that they spent in their rental.

How do you know where they're moving? They just said Florida. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 2

This is pretty shocking to me! I seriously wonder what went down between her and Carlin (and presumably Whitney and Zach, too). I can see how navigating an estrangement with that crew must be tough because they are so embedded in the family, but I really struggle to imagine what it could be that has proven so insurmountable. With Chad’s business seemingly successful and a growing YouTube presence, it seems unlikely they needed to move for financial reasons. 

My BEC read is that Erin has struggled with having a less central place in the extended Bates family. She was reportedly the favored daughter growing up, and then for years she was the only local married daughter with kids. Now she’s just one of the crowd. 

Also, I find it ironic that she’s moving near the one sister who she’s never seemed to have a relationship with. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Well, this is interesting news. They are the last ones I was expecting to move. I wonder why FL and not where Chad's parents live.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

So...Jacksonville? Where does Chad’s grandfather live?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Well, this is interesting news. They are the last ones I was expecting to move. I wonder why FL and not where Chad's parents live.

Chad's Grandfather lives in Florida. 

My take has been that Erin's illness made her focus more on her family and pull back. I think she gave a lot to her family because she is a perfection and had a hard time seeing things down half-assed, so she took over but that is not sustainable and I think she and Chad had hard conversations about stepping back. 

But I also wonder if Chad"s dad leaving the IBLP board fits in here somewhere. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

But I also wonder if Chad"s dad leaving the IBLP board fits in here somewhere. 

When did that happen? If the extended Paines have truly broken with IBLP, maybe Erin’s beef isn’t so much with Carlin as with her parents. 

Also, the more I think about it, I wonder if someone gifted them a property in Florida. That would be a compelling reason to uproot, but it’s still risky to start a new business for Chad. Or maybe Chad is taking over a more established family business. OR maybe Erin’s YouTubing has been a way to give them portable income so they can get the heck out of dodge. 

• Upvote 9

I don't think she's making a killing on YT. Her video from two weeks ago only had 57k views. So far, this one has 21k views (and will likely surpass the last one). She needs to make more than one video every other week for it to make a real difference.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I don't think she's making a killing on YT. Her video from two weeks ago only had 57k views. So far, this one has 21k views (and will likely surpass the last one). She needs to make more than one video every other week for it to make a real difference.

But her small house video has over a million views. Her other reno videos have done well. I am not saying she is making a killing but it is at least something. 

20 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

When did that happen? If the extended Paines have truly broken with IBLP, maybe Erin’s beef isn’t so much with Carlin as with her parents. 

I am not sure, it was never really announced his name just disappeared from the board listings. 

Erin's posts regarding her parents have only focused on them as grandparents. I do think there is some distance but she has been keeping things normal for the kiddos. 

• Upvote 6

Well that would also explain the camper. Live in there for a bit while sorting whatever needs sorting at the new place without any pressure about deadlines. 

• Upvote 12

18 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Well that would also explain the camper. Live in there for a bit while sorting whatever needs sorting at the new place without any pressure about deadlines. 

God, like I said when the camper was initially revealed,  hope they aren’t planning on living in that thing  as a family of 7. 

• Upvote 16

Interesting. I always want to be optimistic when I see any sign like this that could mean somebody is breaking free - like estrangement is an obvious necessary step to leaving the cult for any of the adult children...but it could just as well be that they are pursuing a fundie opportunity - like Brandon working for IBLP in Chicagoland. I still hope it means they're stepping away from more than just family tensions.

• Upvote 3

They might have left IBLP, but all signs point to Erin still being very fundie nonetheless. 

Who knows, maybe the upcoming IBLP documentary has them wanting to save face by distancing themselves from the family. Or maybe they really do want out of the sphere of IBLP influence, even if they’re still fundie. 

• Upvote 6

46 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

God, like I said when the camper was initially revealed,  hope they aren’t planning on living in that thing  as a family of 7. 

We moved cross country into a camper (while I was pregnant) and lived in it as a family of 4-5 while we built our house. WTF were we thinking!?!? If we hadn’t known it was going to be “only” about 6 months I would have gone utterly mad. And I wasn’t homeschooling!

10/10 do not recommend….

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, llucie said:

Wasnt there another fundie couple that moved to Florida recently? like maybe last year or so? i wonder if its the same church.

You may be thinking of Campbell (Roberts) Morton and John Morton. I don't think they're very close with the Paines, though (Campbell is friends with Josie and was rumored to be "special friends" with Trace.)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic