IGNORED

Truck off: convoys, coups and protests

Ozlsn

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I just had a tweet recommended to me that was talking about how many of the truckers now appear to be coming down with a "terrible cold" and one described it as feeling like he was "hit by a bus".

That's what they get for not buying one of my $1000 Freedom Lap Robes. It's guaranteed to protect you against everything from stubbed toes to government death rays.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

9 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

image.png.388062ea3abaa88f3d0cccd7354ab18d.png

Ummm. They haven't been able to "go to the bathroom" while doing something they came from afar to do, chose to do of their own volition, don't have to do at all, that no one wants them to do... what exactly is stopping them from taking an exit and having a potty break? Did they not anticipate the possible need to pee at some point? If you are driving round and round for hours and hours you are, at some point, going to have to go. Buy some Depends or something.

Also, bottles. 

• Upvote 16

48 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

image.png.388062ea3abaa88f3d0cccd7354ab18d.png

I want to see the actual credentials of the "convoy lawyers" almost as much as I want to see some of these schmucks publicly admit peeing their pants because they are too stupid to plan for bladder relief.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

Yeah I heard about that too about the truckers wetting themselves and getting mad. 

The Trump supporters thought that they were going to come to DC stage a massive protest. Instead, they have become a running joke. These so-called patriots can’t even hold a protest without literally urinating on themselves.

The trucker protest has been a massive failure, and the truckers are getting annoyed. The Trump supporters need to go home, and if they do try to start arresting people, they are going to end up in jail.

Maybe they should cut back on the coffee and Mountain Dew. 

15 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I want to see the actual credentials of the "convoy lawyers" 

Probably Trump University School of Law, Medicine, and Religion graduated with a combo JD/MD/DD degree. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I want to see the actual credentials of the "convoy lawyers"

Five bucks says the "law school" they attended has a headless plastic cow in the parking lot with a sign about their half-priced patty melts on Tuesday afternoons.

6 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Probably Trump University School of Law, Medicine, and Religion graduated with a combo JD/MD/DD degree.

Do you get extra-large fries and jumbo-sized shake with that?

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Five bucks says the "law school" they attended has a headless plastic cow in the parking lot with a sign about their half-priced patty melts on Tuesday afternoons.

Do you get extra-large fries and jumbo-sized shake with that?

You do realize you just anointed Deadbeat Dave a bona fide triple threat, right? He’ll be a’lawyerin’ and a’doctorin’ and a’dentistin’ by next week! 

• Haha 6

Two people in my weekly social bike ride came down with terrible colds. We're all vaxxed and boosted, but...how do you catch a cold these days if you are masked up indoors in public spaces?  I skipped the ride for two weeks, out of an abundance of paranoia.  

That said, the US is about to get slammed with the BA.2 subvariant, which is magnitudes more transmissible. 

That said, I just learned about cell-free DNA, which gets released into the blood stream from cells damaged by Covid (and other illnesses). 

• Upvote 6

On 3/23/2022 at 6:06 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

You do realize you just anointed Deadbeat Dave a bona fide triple threat, right? He’ll be a’lawyerin’ and a’doctorin’ and a’dentistin’ by next week! 

Actually DD stands for Doctor of Divinity.  It's largely an honorary degree in the US though.  DDS is the dentist degree.  I said DD because I figured these Trump university graduates all proclaim themselves to be experts on Jesus and the like while they might not even have high school diploma. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

The longer this goes on the more ridiculous they look. At some point they have to realize they look like complete fools. Right?

• Upvote 6

57 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The longer this goes on the more ridiculous they look. At some point they have to realize they look like complete fools. Right?

I don't think that even wetting themselves would make them realize it. Have you seen the photos of this sort of people? The ones in the head-to-toe MAGA gear, with giant flags on their trucks? They choose to look super ridiculous, so this doesn't seem out of bounds to them. 

They are complete fools. The majority of them would benefit from Democrat-led programs, but they would rather not, because those programs also benefit people they don't like. They are the sort of people who would rather wet themselves than get up and go to the restroom and risk someone taking their seat. The sort of cross their arms and say "nuh uh!" like obstinate toddlers, if someone asks them to do something, even if it's what they actually wanted to do anyway.

I mean, I can be a bit of a contrarian. There's a local college campus I occasionally visit that has a "no photos beyond this point" sign in a random place that happens to have a gorgeous view. You bet the first time I saw that sign I whipped out my phone and took a photo. But if someone tells me to do something I was already planning to do, I'll grumble about it, not suffer just to be oppositional.

They were fools already, and they just keep looking more and more foolish as time goes on. They don't care.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

It's probably because they follow through with the "sunk cost fallacy" i.e.: We've come this far, now let's see it through to the end, no matter what. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost#Fallacy_effect

From Wiki:

For example, some people remain in failing relationships because they “have already invested too much to leave.” Still others are swayed by arguments that a war must continue because lives will have been sacrificed in vain unless victory is achieved. Likewise, individuals caught up in psychic scams will continue investing time, money and emotional energy into the project, despite doubts or suspicions that something is not right.[21]

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Actually DD stands for Doctor of Divinity.  It's largely an honorary degree in the US though.  DDS is the dentist degree.  I said DD because I figured these Trump university graduates all proclaim themselves to be experts on Jesus and the like while they might not even have high school diploma. 

I learned something today!  When I read your comment it jogged my memory that DDS is the dentist degree but I did not know there was a Doctor of Divinity.  Now I want to pursue that degree only so I can insist on being called Doctor Divinity.

My petty schadenfreude self is enjoying the DC (Dipshit Clown) convoy driving around in wet pants whining about police blocking exit ramps.  Such wonderful karmic justice. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

May the internet sleuths, police, and prosecutors all work to identify these assholes and start the justice convoy. I don’t know much about CDLs but I think proof of road rage being submitted can be grounds for an investigation into whether a CDL should be suspended until the person meets certain requirements such as anger management classes. 

• Upvote 11

They are going to kill someone. Their anger is growing as they become nothing but a joke. I think they expect to be welcomed as the heroes they view themselves to be and are furious people don’t like them. I really think this might not end until they snap, pull out guns and go on a rampage. These people are completely unhinged.

• I Agree 11

They are unable to read the room. DC and the suburbs in Virginia and Maryland are largely Democratic and are places where most residents have been in favor of vaccine mandates.  Between that and the fact that nobody likes anything making our already terrible traffic worse, they were never going to be received well. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

@GreyhoundFan, you are absolutely spot on.  Their timing was also horrible.  Not only were mask mandates ending but some people who had initially been supportive of the Ontario truckers had ended support when the truckers began doing things like locking the apartment building and setting fire to it, blaring horns at all hours, and causing violence.  Then when supply chains were interrupted due to truckers blocking the borders, people got upset seeing empty store shelves.  @formergothardite is also correct.  They are slowly starting to realize that they are not only ineffective but that they are a joke to most of the country.  We openly make fun of them.  They don't occupy the news in the same way the Ontario truckers did.  Those truckers were major headliners and the top story most of the time.  These guys are blips on the days they actually get a mention.  It must drive them absolutely crazy that the only time they get mentioned is when they do something stupid, illegal, dangerous, or embarrassing (like driving around in urine soaked pants.)  They are definitely not being hailed as heroes.  People aren't showing up in droves to give them food and money like supposedly happened in Ontario.  They aren't able to cause the problems that were caused in Ontario.  It's costing them a fortune in gas and I imagine also in lost wages.  Hell, we here on FJ probably give them more attention than even the far right news media and for my part that's because it makes my petty bitch heart swell whenever these bozos get kicked in the balls.  I am fascinated by their commitment to their idiocracy.  But I am also getting nervous that they are going to do far worse than they did to the man on the motorcycle.  The bicyclist who beat them at their own game was brave but it could have been very bad if one or more of the truckers decided to go after him.  

TL/DR- DC truckers are idiots whose failure to get the right kind of attention is getting dangerous so I am agreeing with the prior two comments in a long-winded way.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I skimmed the social media pages of the conservative people I know and there is not one recent mention of the truck drivers. The only mention is when they drove through NC. I wonder how many of the Canadian trucker social media posts were started and spread by Russians and without help from Putin these guys are basically forgotten. People like this get very scary when things don’t go their way. This is a disaster waiting to happen. 

• I Agree 7
  • Thank You 4

5 hours ago, Becky said:

Racing season starting, the convoy has to move off the Speedway soon. Also in article- reporting some participants have cashed out their 401k funds to continue the protest. Good grief. 

I'm sure they are thoroughly versed in the possible tax implications of such a move.  :pb_rollseyes:

image.png.a347b7e32b0a1996275acfe3b773cd35.png

• Thank You 9

People’s Convoy Gives Up, Will Leave D.C. After 3 Weeks of Doing Absolutely Nothing

Three weeks after the so-called “People’s Convoy” landed in Washington, D.C., the group is calling it quits after accomplishing nothing except injuring residents and circling the Beltway.

Co-organizer Mike Landis announced Sunday night that the group would pack its things up in the coming days and drive back to California.

“So what I want to know is, what do you think about heading to California?” Landis asked, to the crowd’s delight.

Landis further said that convoy-goers who remain posted up in Hagerstown, Maryland—who have experienced many freezing nights while camped out in the small town an hour and a half north of D.C. proper—will enjoy a southern route back to California.

He pledged to “come back to finish this job” in the metro area at some unspecified time, which seems highly unlikely as their crowd dwindles.

The announcement comes after lead organizer Brian Brase fled Hagerstown again over the weekend amid continued splintering within the group.

“I am not running away,” Brase said in an attempt to convince the crowd Saturday night.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Some of them might have to come back though if criminal charges get filed against them for their antics.

A Canadian politician is facing criminal charges for his actions during the temper tantrum

An eastern Ontario provincial politician has surrendered to police and is facing more charges, this time related to the convoy protest and occupation in downtown Ottawa this winter.

Ottawa police announced nine charges against Independent Lanark-Frontenac-Kingston MPP Randy Hillier in a Monday morning news release, saying they had complaints "about social media posts and other activities of an individual" during the so-called Freedom Convoy.

Hillier surrendered at Ottawa police headquarters Monday morning. He told reporters he was doing so after getting a call from police on Sunday.

He denied assaulting an officer, saying he only greeted people "with love and affection and embrace and handshakes.

This is after three of the temper tantrum organizers were charged

The Crown has laid more charges against three key leaders of the so-called Freedom Convoy.

Tamara Lich, Chris Barber and Pat King all appeared in court virtually Thursday, a little more than one month after the weeks-long occupation of Ottawa's downtown core was brought to an end.

• Thank You 7